0 (0%)
Sunday (16th)
0 (0%)
Both! (15th & 16th)
16 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: Sun 16/12/2012 13:29:57

m0ds

Thanks. Starting and finishing earlier would be better, definitely. And if those computers (in breakout jpgs) are readily available for use that would make things pretty awesome too. Could work well having two spaces to be honest, so people playing games don't disturb the speeches and vice versa. If you're able to whip up a crude floor plan (or acquire one) that would be a lot of help. M

AGA

The PCs are only usually usable by staff and students.  We can sometimes get guest logins set up, but I can't promise that'd be allowed for external people.  I'll look into it though.  The policies are fairly restrictive, so while they do run AGS and AGS games (they're Windows 7, so do it by default), we wouldn't be able to install anything useful like Photoshop and such for game dev.

I'm looking into the 10:00 - 19:00 thing, and will investigate a more solid price.

AGA

Oh, and there a floorplan here.  This is from the architect's designs, with my own guesstimations of the measurements scrawled on.

m0ds

Thanks Berian. But what's that Mars rover supposed to imply?

AGA

If you mean the two things in the centre right, those are lifts.  The thingy on the centre left is where the dividing wall sits when the room is fully open (I think you can see this in the photos I posted).

straydogstrut

Looks seriously very cool to me 8-) If a timing can be found to suit and it's practical to get some gear there, I vote yes to this. Unfortunately I don't drive, but I am willing to offer my wimpy muscles for equipment lugging duty around the London Underground. Just don't ask me for directions ???

Azure

Ooh nice work on the location scouting, I think it can be prettied up fairly easy with some posters and stuff.
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

m0ds

And fluffy animal toys that only Rachel Cootalot will notice!  (laugh)

Ali

All your toy animals are belong to her.

m0ds

A London (AGA) location won't come cheap. It needn't be expensive for interested folks, but please speak up if you think AX would interest you this year, so that we can compare interest to the cost of the venue. Thanks! End of Nov or Dec 16/17 weekend.

Chicky

I'll be coming! AGA's location looks super slick, but lacks a bar. To amend this i plan on bringing Labrini and those posh tall glasses that are too small to drink out of. This way we can all dress up and pull funny faces when sipping from our small glasses! I'm exited.

Disco

Does it have to be in December? I would very much love to go, but will be coming over to London for 3-4 weeks just after the New Year. Of course it wouldn't technically be AX2012, but is December a done deal?

AGA

While there's no definite date yet, I have only so far suggested the two dates to the room bookings people.  I won't speak for m0ds as to when he's willing to consider though.

For anyone desperate to drink, bear in mind there are about twenty pubs within spitting distance, from fancy City bars to old fashioned East End boozers.

Dave Gilbert

It's London. There are more pubs per block than almost anywhere in the world!

Either way, I'd be interested in attending (and presenting, if you want me) if it's in London. The other place, not so much. Late November is fine, as long as it doesn't happen during the Thanksgiving holiday.

AGA

This seems like as good an opportunity as any to test out polls.  The forum staff have been half considering having them for a while.

AGA

I just modified the questions to make it more relevant, so the votes were reset.

WHAM

I can't be sure what dates I can travel on, due to work related issues, but I am putting in my papers to get a passport by end of next week!
Exciting times!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Peder 🚀

I hope to make it this year!

M0ds: Have you thought about trying to find some sponsors to help cover some costs?
If my finances pick up in time I'll be interested in sponsoring AdventureX through AGSArchives.com.
(Though only if like I said my finances start picking up in time).

Stupot

As things stand, any date is fine for me. But, in the words of Benjamin Linus, destiny is a fickle bitch.

Matt Frith

I should be able to attend again this year.  That venue looks pretty sweet!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk