0 (0%)
Sunday (16th)
0 (0%)
Both! (15th & 16th)
16 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: Sun 16/12/2012 13:29:57

m0ds

Thanks, sorry Mr Stein, those are the most prominent dates. But It would be great if you could be there, definitely. I just don't think I'll be able to do November myself. And yes Azure, thanks - that sounds good to me!

Radiant

So since we have Dave G already, can we get Ron G to attend too? :D

CaptainD

Quote from: Radiant on Wed 29/08/2012 09:46:37
So since we have Dave G already, can we get Ron G to attend too? :D

Just so long as we don't have Ali G...

Ali

AGA

There is WiFi, whether or not we're allowed to use the PCs. We'd easily be able to rustle up a handful of laptops to use even if we aren't. I know you think £750 is a lot of money, but it's really a pittance for two days in central London. Most places this good would charge way more, and probably an extra fee for using any projection equipment and IT. We're only getting this rate as a favour to me, it'd be double the cost otherwise!

mätzyboy

Hello folks. Long time no see...

Olympics, Paralympics and now this?? 2012 is full of London action!

This looks fun. And if it's in London I should be able to attend since I live here... eh... You get it... Consider me added to the tentative list. I voted in the poll.

Peder 🚀

I also think we should try and go for the venue AGA has mentioned.

m0ds

Hm, sure - but we could try and hold it in the Ecuadorian embassy for shits and giggles!  :=

AssangerX.

^ Very strange word.

m0ds

Everything seems fine with the venue, so just about ready to launch the campaign and hopefully run another event! There will also be a chance to see the in development game Quest For Infamy! Thanks to James for letting me know. Please do let me know if you want your game featured at the show in 2012.

Trumgottist

Quote from: Stee on Wed 27/06/2012 21:03:30Try and mingle with some other communities on the net - wintermute and the other rubbish ;)
As one of the other rubbish, I approve of this post. ;)

I'd love to come, but unfortunately I have a concert on the 16th of December, so that weekend is not possible for me. (Same for nov 25.)

If it ends up on another date, I'll be having a serious discussion with my wallet, to decide if I can afford the trip, but most other weekends in nov-dec would be theoretically possible as far as I'm concerned.

theSynapse

I know this is a late suggestion. I've only just come to the forums for the first time since just after AdventureX last year!

And mOds - I can't believe you didn't give me the chance to be the first to get a ticket for the second year in a row!

Anyway, you may want to speak to some of the guys on the Games Culture course at London South Bank University (LSBU) and/or Gamecamp. The campus is in Elephant and Castle which is in central London and near a number of overland train stations and is on the Northern line (for Londoners like me) so it's dead easy to get to.

They have held the GameCamp event a coupe times at the Keyworth building. For those that don't know, it's an (un)conference (http://gamecamp.org.uk/). I went to the last one and it had a couple hundred people, so they can cater for that, plus there are a few rooms of different sizes to choose from in the complex (no offence, no sure AdventureX is going to draw quite such a crowd!) to suit your purposes.

They would be very friendly I'm sure to giving advice on venues and running the event if you need it. Hope the advice helps. Keep me posted on what happens.

I think the main thing you need to do this year m0ds is to do more marketing. it doesn't have to be you per se, just get someone else to do if you like. Definitely take advantage of facebook, advertise on websites. Get a press pack to send out to magazine websites to make it easy for them to do a post about AdventureX so you'll get easy publicity (once you've made the pack up and a template email, it's just a case of sending it out to various people).

Look forward to making it again this year!

Cheers

Tom (random dude from last year who came!).

(EDIT: I've also just noticed that I haven't received an email about AdventureX 2012 yet....has one been sent or is there something wrong with the email list? Obviously the first port of call for publicity...)

AGA

You chose the worst possible time to mention this, theSynapse, as I sent an email this morning confirming our booking of a different venue!

Tickets aren't actually available yet, so you haven't missed your chance.  While Elephant might be a good location (albeit a bit iffy), the venue we've booked is actually only a few minutes from Liverpool Street station, which is on the Stansted Express line, as well as four Underground lines.  It certainly could be worth m0ds speaking to these GameCamp people though, at least to get some advice, if not some attendees and publicity...

cat

So is the date fixed now? When will AdventureX take place?

AGA

m0ds is gearing up to announce that, so I won't spoil the surprise.

m0ds

No big surprises, the date will be 15 & 16 Dec - of course, this is all down to a successful campaign which will go online in the next few days!

Tom - thanks for that, I'll look into it. As AGA says, the location is sorted, its now a matter of securing funds. No tickets this year, providing we reach the goal, it'll be free to enter. And no emails were sent out yet but you will still get one or two via your previous ticket sale in the coming weeks. Hopefully see you there!

Yes - any date!
    15 (39.5%)
Yes - late November!
    9 (23.7%)
Yes - 15 & 16 December!
    7 (18.4%)
Yes - but only on another date (discuss below)!
    3 (7.9%)
No - only if it was hosted elsewhere in England
    4 (10.5%)

straydogstrut

Woo! Your timing couldn't be better! I fly out to New York on the 17th :smiley: Will definitely try to make this one!

Trumgottist

Good luck to you all! I wish I wasn't the only tuba player in our brass band - as it is it's pretty much impossible for me to skip a concert (a British style brass band like ours should have four tubas).

Ah well. Maybe next year.

Stupot

Well you've got 3 months to find 3 tubists and write a sicknote :-D

Trumgottist

I did fill in for a tubist at the polar prize ceremony*. I could ask him to fill in for me at the Christmas concert...

* Not as glamourous as it sounds. We played brass sextet outside the Grand Hotel when Yo-Yo Ma, Paul Simon and the other celebrities arrived for the fancy dinner after the actual ceremony. It was pretty fun, though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk