AGS Awards 2010! [RESULTS!]

Started by , Sat 08/01/2011 17:55:06

Previous topic - Next topic

bicilotti

Quote from: Tabata on Sun 06/03/2011 16:10:20
[...]

That's a wonderful present Tabata! Wyz m0ds KimReed and Dualnames had the Lion's Share in it, so praises to them!

Dualnames

bici stop being modest!! If it wasn't for you, none of this would happen!
Tabata, thanks a lot. I'm quite happy, cause at some point, my game crashed cause all of you were clapping too much :D.

If however I'd choose a man that was behind all this, then damnit that'd be bicilotti. I wouldn't bother collaborating with Wyz (who of course was awesome beyond measure)

So here's to you, sir!

*clap*

Abstauber and Luke, plz upload somewhere. I'm sure anyone would LOVE to watch (re-watch).
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

m0ds

Thanks Tabata! I took up your kind offer. But really it is Dualnames, Bicilotti, JimReed and Wyz's expertise to thank. I just pitched in last minute. It would be great to see you guys take this kind of "AGS technology" further. I know icey certainly wants the source code  :=

cianty

Quote from: Mods on Sun 06/03/2011 18:24:36
I know icey certainly wants the source code  :=

So do I!

And yes, thank you again! :)
ca. 70% completed

Wyz

Thanks Tabata for the awesome badge, it will remind me of the awards every time I see it.  :=

I need to point out that it was Cold Virtual Beer and the idea of JimReed to use it for the awards that sprang this all. I just wanted to get it technically sound, and donate the source to be used for initially CVB. But Dualnames and I put in countless hours, along with the help of you beta testers, to give it its final form. Thanks all, it was all worth it, it was truly awesome!

We had around 45 people using it which was beyond my expectations, thanks all for joining!!!
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

abstauber

Here's the offline version ;)

http://rapidshare.com/files/451286805/AGSAwards2011.zip (132 mb)

Sorry about the host, I hope there'll is a "youtube director" around who can upload this 1:50 hrs file there.

arj0n

Isn't there someone - [hint]Peder => AGSA-server?[/hint] - who can host an untouched/unconverted recording of this awesome ceremony for some time?

And a million *claps* for making this awesome ceremony possible Wyz, Dualnames, m0ds, bicilotti and JimReed!

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

arj0n

straydogstrut

Quote from: Dualnames on Sun 06/03/2011 22:24:39
By the way, the source files have just been uploaded.

Awesome!! I got the jist of Wyz's original source so will see what I can make of this.

Yay finally got the MP4 downloaded, thanks Abstauber=D Re the youtube thing: seems you need someone who has an old Director account to be able to upload longer than 15 mins, it's no good switching now. I'd offer to host but I don't have my own server so not sure what restrictions my host would put on it..the whole server thing is a bit of a black hole to me i'm afraid. If Peder can host it on his own server, great, i'll be sure to donate.

arj0n

I upped a copy of Abstaubers AGS Ceremony recording [MP4] at our server so grab a copy

*HERE*

Will be hosted there for some while  :)

Dualnames

Good job, Arj0n. I'll update the first post as well. Thanks a lot, abstauber!  ;)

Stupot

Quote from: Arj0n on Sun 06/03/2011 22:54:04
I upped a copy of Abstaubers AGS Ceremony recording [MP4] at our server so grab a copy

*HERE*

Will be hosted there for some while  :)

I dunno if it's just me, but my computer is telling me the zip is damaged :-(

Babar

The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

arj0n

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 07/03/2011 12:19:31
I dunno if it's just me, but my computer is telling me the zip is damaged :-(
Checked and the archive seems to be fine, as expected.
Maybe your pc is having a hangover from the weekend?  :P

Monsieur OUXX

arj0n

Quote from: Ouxxey_games on Mon 07/03/2011 13:48:41
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
I missed it.

*sob*
Wonkyth missed it too, how can you guyz miss such event ??? ;)

(unless your girlfriend had better plans :P)

Vince Twelve

I really enjoyed the ceremony as well!  Congratulations to all the winners and a huge thank you to the people who put that thing together!  Very very cool!

This community puts out a remarkable amount of quality games every year and I don't see it slowing down anytime soon!  Yay!  clap clap clap lesbians clap

Peder 🚀

I will gladly host a streaming and downloadable HQ version on the AGSArchives server.

theo

Quote from: Peder Johnsen on Mon 07/03/2011 17:34:40
I will gladly host a streaming and downloadable HQ version on the AGSArchives server.

That would be awesome. I'd love to easily be able to share this with all sorts of people.

Thanks everyone for your support during the awards campaign and also a huge thanks to duals + team for making the absolutely mindblowingly awesome AGS IRC client for the ceremony! It was truly an odd yet awesome event.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk