AGS Awards 2015: SOON

Started by , Fri 25/12/2015 09:57:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Sorry for the delay but the last few weeks have been nuts.

All that's missing on the new client is the new director controls. Now that I have some extra time I'm going to straighten out some GUIs too. (Did you know you can't practically have more than one textbox on a gui at the same time?)

Mandle

Any chance of moving it to Saturday instead of Sunday? For a lot of people (Korea/Japan/Australia/etc.) 8pm Sunday means around 4am Monday morning, which is very tough to do on the first workday of the week.

Wouldn't the middle of the weekend give more leeway in people's schedules either time-zone direction?

Either way, I'll still probably be there. It just means getting to bed and trying to sleep at like 7pm...

Cassiebsg

I'm in GMT+1 and would also rather have it on a saturday....
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Gurok

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 08/05/2016 02:27:54
Any chance of moving it to Saturday instead of Sunday? For a lot of people (Korea/Japan/Australia/etc.) 8pm Sunday means around 4am Monday morning, which is very tough to do on the first workday of the week.

Wouldn't the middle of the weekend give more leeway in people's schedules either time-zone direction?

Either way, I'll still probably be there. It just means getting to bed and trying to sleep at like 7pm...

Yes, I would prefer this too. It's easy to be up at 5 AM Sunday morning and recover for Monday, but not so easy when it's Monday morning.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Chicky

Aww, bummer. I have a wedding to attend next weekend, maybe I can jump on IRC on my phone :P

Ponch

Man, this tux is going to be awfully stinky after another week. :=

Also, can we get AGA* to pimp the event on the top of the forums with some cool red text and stuff? Advertising never hurts. :cool:

* Or possibly AJA. I get them confused sometimes.

m0ds

I won't personally be around on Fri/Sat this weekend sorry. I'll keep an open mind but there's 90% chance on Saturday I won't be in. I suppose it could be pulled back earlier on Sunday, but again that's unlikely. Not mucking around with times just because 2 or 3 people in Korea want to turn up soz. But there IS now still time for someone else to take this hosting over completely (which is fine with me if someone wants to), so I can get on with my own stuff, and you can run it at a time you find more suitable ;) Otherwise you'll have to lump the Sunday date sorry.

With any luck someone will capture it for video or such, but that's up to visitors really. Please remember it's all in a shambles as it is this year, keep in mind everyone else previously involved just "walked out" - they didn't do a handover or try and transition it over smoothly, they just mic dropped/buggered off (kudos to their hard work in the past but I'm not gonna sugar coat what they did this year..) so my advice is to join the team for next year's awards to ensure it has a bit of solid grounding & happens at a time and in a way most suitable for all - this year it just has to run... so instead of "can you do this" and "can you do that", how about you folks consider forming a proper awards committee for next year so it can be done YOUR way? (and at Japan O'Clock, cos then who would we be to argue if you are running it?) ;)

PS. Not moaning, just trying to be transparent about the situation.. :=

MiteWiseacreLives!

Your totally right, Mods. We just need to make it happen this year, then perhaps a proper committee can be formed for next year with something to build on and improve. You and whomever else is helping out deserve credit :)  I wish I had a clue about this stuff, I'd probably try to help...

Stupot

I have to work the next day regardless if it's on Saturday or Sunday. I slightly favour Sunday because I don't have to work until the afternoon on Monday, but either way there's no guarantee I'll be able to join in. Depends how I feel on the day.

abstauber

I'm sad to say that this weekend is also completely blocked for me.
*But I keep my fingers crossed that the ceremony gets postponed once more* :-*

Otherwise have fun and many thanks to Mods for making it happen this year (nod)

Jack

For the record, Snarky did a bunch of work on the older client before sending it and the resources over to me, so that was a proper hand off.

Weekend of 21/05/2016 would suit me too, if that's a possibility.

Stupot

Snarky gave you a proper hand off did he, Jack?

*snickers like a schoolboy*

Jack

For an appropriate donation, Snarky will "transfer project development" to completion.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot+ on Mon 09/05/2016 13:11:09
Snarky gave you a proper hand off did he, Jack?

*snickers like a schoolboy*

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

Ponch

Double entendres?! In the AGS Awards thread?! You guys are sullying the good name of the P3N15 Award! :=

Mandle

Psssssssstttt...

Yeah, you over there...

NO! NOT YOU!!! Get outa here!

You... lurking over there...

Yeah...YOU!

Check this out:

100% legit! All areas access!

Haggis

cat

So, will it happen this Sunday?
Last year, there was a test-run for the client. Is there going to be such a thing this year as well? If you need people to test it, you should tell us here.

m0ds

Hmm, To put it simply, it won't happen tomorrow, sorry, realistically - the client isn't ready. And I believe that is the preferred route, the client? I've been holding out but haven't seen a working version of this years intended app myself yet. So it's probably best we just wait til Jack comes here and says it's ready. I see no real issue waiting a bit longer, frustrating as it may be, I think it may even be about time the AGS Awards got an official time of year like June or sth so there's a window every year for a team, client or whatever to be formed & ready. The safest thing to be said right now I think is "June". I can say it'll be this week or next week but ultimately it's in his hands for now and I have no idea when that'll be exactly. I* don't know the workload but I know he could use a little help. If you or anyone have some time to offer some help to Jack, with sourcing nomination images and some other items the client needs, please do pop him a PM and this can probably be sped up. Again please remember this normally has 2, 3 or 4 people working on it (the client) and that has always taken several months to prepare in itself, this year 1 person is working on it so your guess is as good as mine... !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk