Awards 2011 - for your consideration thread

Started by , Sat 31/12/2011 22:36:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

Quasar

A short adventure game on a spaceship, loosely inspired by the TV series Firefly, it focuses on mupltiple playable characters, how they interact, and how they each react differently to hotspots - from snarky medic Julie to stoic mercenary Karst, and from loyal technician Florent to sesquipedalian researcher Callisto.

It has excellent high-resolution artwork, detailed portraits, and a separate soundtrack for each character.

Suggested for

• Best Short Game
  • Best Dialogue
  • Best Background Art
  • Best Character Art
  • Best Player Character (four of them, take your pick :) )

Details and download here.

Darkdan

for your consideration : Venator

The Von Penumbrus family are the Venators (the Latin term for hunter). They hunted supernatural creatures for generations.

Tonight, Gilbert, the youngest member of the family, lazy, timid and not particularly bright, is sent against his will to his first hunt : to put to rest once and for all a ghost scaring people in the nearby cemetery.

Featuring :
A magic medallion that can help the player stuck by offering another puzzle
A raven, possibly the least encouraging companion worlwide
A ghost who is terrible at telling jokes

I would like to nominate my game for :

Best short game
Best Player Character
Best Non Player Character
Best Character Art
Best Puzzles
Best Animation

Download
AGS data base game page

Thank you for your consideration.

HandsFree

Now that the 'shared universe' category didn't make it  ;), you may want to consider my RON game Night and Day for the music nominations.              

A mysterious advertisement in The Realiser fails to shock the citizens of RON.
Is Elandra Desmond the only one that sees the danger facing Reality-on-the-Norm, or do the townspeople have their own agenda? And how does the disappearance of Davy and Mika connect to it?

Download Night and Day from the AGS database page here
And download the sound track (10 tunes) in mp3 format here

Thanks for looking/listening.

antipus

May I suggest Arden's Vale for your nomination consideration?

You play Riel, who, to save her sister from a deadly enchantment, must steal a magical stone with healing powers from a vengeful enchanter. After infiltrating the enchanter's castle, you must survive sinister traps, talking gargoyles, quite nearly logical puzzles, terrible puns, and finally the enchanter himself. But beware, for not everything is as it seems...

This game has already won the Game With the Most Random References to ATOTK Award, the 2011 Inventory to Hotspot Interaction Overkill Award, and the Most Family-Friendly Evil Bad Guy in a Game Released in August Award.

Additionally, I like to think it would be a fitting nomination for the AGS Awards under:

Best Puzzles
Best Short Game
Best Player Character
Best Animation
Best Music

Game Details
Download

Thank you for playing, considering, or at least considering playing.
Playing Arden's Vale has been shown to improve morale, revive unconscious kittens, and reverse hair loss.

Dualnames

I mean it's been about 10-11 months or so, and well, you probably wonder what am I doing?

In case your memory fails you:
http://i.tfster.com/cache/therealrevo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/lesbians-kissing.jpg

VOTE US FOR:

1. Best Non-Adventure Game Created with AGS

2. Best Programming

The AGS AWARD Ceremony Thing-a-ma-bob.

LINK to the Database

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

bicilotti

Snarky

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 13/01/2012 10:20:42
The AGS AWARD Ceremony Thing-a-ma-bob.

LINK to the Database

Didn't there use to be an award for best tool/module/plugin or something like that, too? Because the underlying IRC plugin would totally be a shoo-in for that.

Duzz

Oh what the hell...

You should totally nominate:

- The Unicated -

Join twins Bo and Mal as they struggle to escape being torn apart by a society that shuns the wicked and innocent alike.  LOL!!

Download here!

A (very) short game, winner of the August MAGS. The theme was "Evil Twin".

Unique gameplay, nice pixely graphics, original music, (newly added) voices, what more do you want?
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Sughly

Hmmmm... not sure if I'm a little too late on this one, but thought I'd throw in my own FYC 8) (and seeing all those games together... quite an impressive year indeed!)

Krams Design presents...

Egress is a short form sci-fi adventure game set in the outer reaches of space.

The story begins when you, the commander of a two man recon team, are sent hurtling into space during maintenance on an interplanetary probe. After a sudden attack from an black alien substance, you awake on a mysterious planet.

Where are you? How did you get there? And why is your partner screaming for help down the intercom…

Features include:
- Cinematic hand drawn, frame-by-frame 2D animation, including short intro and ending sequences
- Multiple endings designed to reflect the actions of the player

Screenshots:
(click on images for full resolution)

To download, follow the link from my Egress game page.

Please note that you can skip just about every cutscene and transition by pressing the 'ESC' key. Failing to have mentioned this in the how to play section was a great boo-boo on my part. Sorry for everyone who has endured frustration over this!

m0ds

Best use of sub-woofer-shaking sound effects: Sughly.

Gmmmbbfhhhhhhh. Ggmmmmmbbffhh.. gmmmmfhhh....gmmbbpff! GMMBF! GMFH! BGMBFH GMFGB!¬!

Sughly

Quote from: m0ds on Mon 06/02/2012 22:22:46
Best use of sub-woofer-shaking sound effects: Sughly.

Gmmmbbfhhhhhhh. Ggmmmmmbbffhh.. gmmmmfhhh....gmmbbpff! GMMBF! GMFH! BGMBFH GMFGB!¬!

Yesssss! I'll take that! 8)

AnalogGuy

*nothing*
Ask if you want me to compose your game.
---
One thing that I would like to see happen with films is for music not to be treated as just one more ingredient, but as an integral and fundamental part, due to its fatal capacity to affect the mood of the movie.

WalkThruWalls

We're unfashionably late and probably wasting time doing this now... but hey, whatever.

Walk Thru Walls Studios Presents

TRAILER

DEMO

http://www.walkthruwalls.com

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

GAME

Metal Dead is a comedic, heavy metal influenced, apocalyptic point'n'click adventure game packed with everyone's favorite undead creatures, zombies!

This twisted tale centers on two metal-heads in the midst of a zombie invasion. After crashing their car in front of a medical research facility, they become trapped and are forced to use their wits to puzzle their way to freedom. Along the way, they must deal with a cast of characters who range from mildly deranged to completely insane.

FEATURES

Metal Dead is a full-length old school adventure game, featuring:

- Over 40 interactive rooms
- 17 unique, quirky characters
- 13 Achievements
- Built-in hint system
- Fully orchestrated midi soundtrack
- Extensive novel-length script packed with comedy goodness

m0ds

Bump! But only cos I was asked to unsticky it. Not that people can nominate right now..

Snarky

Is that by design or by mistake? I thought the nominations thread said they'd run to the end of the month?

Wesray

Yep, the early end of nominations caught me by surprise too. Didn't manage to nominate any games yet, as I planned to play through a few more candidates first. :(
THE FAR CORNERS OF THE WORLD: Chapter 2 currrently in the works...

bicilotti

Quote from: Wesray on Tue 27/03/2012 02:27:04
Yep, the early end of nominations caught me by surprise too. Didn't manage to nominate any games yet, as I planned to play through a few more candidates first. :(

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 26/03/2012 22:37:30
Is that by design or by mistake? I thought the nominations thread said they'd run to the end of the month?

Mistake (due to asynchronous communication between me and the Man). The noms will close... well, from when CJ set up the forum wide announcement again + 7 days.

Also; Mark, this should remain stickied, it is the other one (the awards 2011 thread) which should be unstickied! ;)

Meystari F

I realased this demo in last year 2011.

The full game are coming soon in summer 2012.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=596

Meystari F

Nooooooo!!!! My demogame was deleted from megaupload.com
because the webpage was shutted down but I uploaded my gamedemo there.

I was jus checking if my gamedemo was still there.  But no. All was gone. Arrrrrg!

Just another of my own unluck. Why is my own unluck still following me when I try to release my gamedemo?

Oh Why oh whyyyyyy?  

Oh sorry just forget my entry then, since my demo are no longer available on the internet.

Oh well I can only just now wish you all a good luck in the nomination.  

ps.

Since there is no demo there to be found anymore because Megaupload.com was banned you moderator or webpage master have my license to delete this entry. But I can't do it.  So can you do it for me.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=596

Good luck!

I'm out.

Snarky

Or, you know, upload it somewhere else...

Any other games that should be especially considerated? I still have a couple of days to play a few more before handing in my noms, and I'm open to suggestions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk