GAMESEEK - find old/missing adventure games

Started by , Sun 26/09/2004 10:53:13

Previous topic - Next topic

heltenjon

Quote from: arj0n on Thu 12/01/2023 10:11:14This cd contains 24 AGS games:
MiniGame4
pqtv2

What are these? Most of the games listed looks like titles in the database, although it would be nice if sincaruk could check on playthrough (if you're going to play the games anyway).

arj0n

Quote from: heltenjon on Thu 12/01/2023 13:33:28What are these? Most of the games listed looks like titles in the database, although it would be nice if sincaruk could check on playthrough (if you're going to play the games anyway).

one clue: the cd-rom was burned in 2005, so these 24 ags games are for sure 'oldies'.

heltenjon

Quote from: arj0n on Thu 12/01/2023 13:44:52
Quote from: heltenjon on Thu 12/01/2023 13:33:28What are these? Most of the games listed looks like titles in the database, although it would be nice if sincaruk could check on playthrough (if you're going to play the games anyway).

one clue: the cd-rom was burned in 2005, so these 24 ags games are for sure 'oldies'.
I meant specifically MiniGame4 and pqtv2;) I think I understand what the rest are.

arj0n

arj0n

These two are probably the following games:

MiniGame4:

Barn Runner 4: The Prick Who Came In From the Cold (by Ponch - 2004)
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/476-barn-runner-4-the-prick-who-came-in-from-the-cold/

pqtv2:
Adventures of PQT (by Scott Bennett - 2004)
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/378-adventures-of-pqt/

sincaruk

Hello again, fellas. I focused first on uploading games with no registry on the main website or the archive, they are not necessarily lost media, but it won't hurt anyone making those games easier to be found. I thank arj0n for saving a ton of my time and listing the AGS games. Here they are:

The rest is accessible in some way or another. There's also other adventure games made in other engines that deserve preservation, but that's for another day.

Detention!, Monster of the Hounted Hill, A Friend indeed and Men in Hats have no functional links on the main website.
Don't follow me cause I'm lost too.

heltenjon

I thought Bigfoot by Cogliostro and his son looked interesting, but I cannot download it, it seems. Does anyone have this?

Edit: Problem solved, thanks to Gabriel!

gabriel19681_1

The download works for me, although it says: "File not downloaded potential security risk".

If you click download anyway, it downloads without problems.-

heltenjon

Quote from: gabriel19681_1 on Sun 29/01/2023 14:03:29The download works for me, although it says: "File not downloaded potential security risk".

If you click download anyway, it downloads without problems.-
That is usually the case with me, too. But this time I got "Access denied" because of some admin network setting out of my control.

Edit: gabriel19681_1 But you gave me an idea for a workaround, and I now successfully downloaded it from a different computer with a different base network setup.  ;-D

heltenjon

Quote from: sincaruk on Sun 15/01/2023 01:26:27Detention!, Monster of the Hounted Hill, A Friend indeed and Men in Hats have no functional links on the main website.
@sincaruk These games should now have working links. Thanks for the heads up.

cedricl31

Hello Everyone
I'm trying to have the AGS Scummvm full set (for non commercial games)
For now I'm only missing 4 games:
Does anyone have any information on where to download the following games ?
- The candy Forest (this game is no more accessible on ITCH)
- Confinement (french game)
- Serina's Transylvanian Trip (I can't find any information on this game !)
- Shades of Grey (I can't find any information on this game !)

On the contrary if you're searching for a particular non commercial AGS Scumm game do not hesitate to contact me !

heltenjon

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1274-shades-of-greye/
This is now linked to the AGS depository and should work.

Edit:
Perhaps the "Confinement" game is the first chapter of Grandma Badass? It's now commercial (although with a free demo) on https://adipson.itch.io/grandma

cedricl31

Thanks Heltenjon for your response
For Shades of Grey, my missing game is "Shades of Grey" without a final e to "Greye".
This proximity in the title is very confusing and does not help the search !

I'm going to download the demo first chapter of Grandma Badass to see if its recognized as confinement by ScummVM

Edit : first chapter of Grandma Badass is not recognized as Confinement  :cry:

heltenjon

Quote from: cedricl31 on Sun 26/02/2023 20:20:10Thanks Heltenjon for your response
For Shades of Grey, my missing game is "Shades of Grey" without a final e to "Greye".
This proximity in the title is very confusing and does not help the search !
I think that if the only reference you can find to this game is in the list in the ScummVM wiki, you may assume that it's a spelling error.
QuoteI'm going to download the demo first chapter of Grandma Badass to see if its recognized as confinement by ScummVM

Edit : first chapter of Grandma Badass is not recognized as Confinement  :cry:
I have no experience with ScummVM, so pardon me for asking stupid. Do you get an error message? @adipson first released this game's first chapter, called Confinement, then withdrew it because he changed his mind away from doing the game in chapters. I believe he may have changed/updated the first part of the game as well in the process, but I only have his devlog on Itch and a couple of PMs for sources. Of course, if you understand French, you may check the French forum directly.

Edit: If you see the database page for the first chapter, you'll see why I guessed this would be your game.

New Edit: I was wrong. Wohoo! More games!  (nod)

tag2015

Hi Cedric!

Quote from: cedricl31 on Sat 25/02/2023 22:31:26- Shades of Grey (I can't find any information on this game !)
This is a new game made for GGJ 2023. Download here

Quote from: cedricl31 on Sat 25/02/2023 22:31:26- Confinement (french game)
This is not the demo of GrandMa Badass, but a different game: French Forum

Quote from: cedricl31 on Sat 25/02/2023 22:31:26- Serina's Transylvanian Trip (I can't find any information on this game !)
That's the sequel of some other game that I can't remember now.

Quote from: cedricl31 on Sat 25/02/2023 22:31:26- The candy Forest (this game is no more accessible on ITCH)
This is indeed no longer available on the author's page.

I uploaded the games that are currently unavailable to my Pcloud

cedricl31

A HUGE thanks to you tag2015 that what exactly what i was searching for !
You're simply the boss !
Also a big thank you for all your work on SCUMMVM for AGS and GLK games.

TheTMD

Quote from: tag2015 on Wed 01/03/2023 11:31:39Hi Cedric!

Quote from: cedricl31 on Sat 25/02/2023 22:31:26- Shades of Grey (I can't find any information on this game !)
This is a new game made for GGJ 2023. Download here

Thanks tag2015!!!
T.

heltenjon

Does anyone have Bill DeBill? It was in the database years ago, but have been removed.

gabriel19681_1

heltenjon

Thank you, Gabriel! As always, much appreciated.  (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk