Mittens 2012 Anaheim - August 24-31 - Dave G was there!

Started by Disco, Wed 21/03/2012 15:42:05

Previous topic - Next topic

abstauber

Just wondering: does anyone bring music instruments like a guitar? *looks at non-flying attendees*

Disco

RE: Craig Ferguson or Conan O'Brien tapings

Today I received confirmation for four tickets to a taping of Conan on Tuesday the 28th. Grundy tried to do the same but was not allocated any in the end. These tickets are guaranteed as long as we arrive before entry is closed.

We were a bit luckier with Craig Ferguson ticket requests, which is my preference of the two so I am quite excited for that! Between the two of us, we managed to get 8 ticket reservations for Wednesday the 29th. The catch is that they are not completely guaranteed because they slightly overbook the reservations, but we do have an edge. Apparently we were among the first to reserve, most likely because there are no guests posted yet, so our tickets are in a "priority" category. This means we will be able to check in a half hour before the General tickets are allowed to. At this point we are virtually guaranteed entry, but only if we arrive on time and do not miss the Priority admission times.

Who all is up for this? So far it looks like we have myself, Grundislav, Snarky, and Esseb who expressed interest. Shall we do both? Skip one in favour of the other?

Ferguson:
1. Grundislav
2. Disco
3. Snarky
4. Esseb
5. Abstauber
6. Christina
7. AGA
8. Jen

Edit: Thanks Gunnar! If you got Priority tickets, than anyone who wishes can go now.

Snarky

I'll be arriving at 06:57 PM, LAX (US Airways 701). Is ProgZ really showing up at 6:30 in the morning? Long day of waiting, no?

I'd probably only be up for one of the tapings, preferably Ferguson. Maybe some people could go to one and some to the other?

abstauber

Christina and I arrive at 09:25 PM (UA 1177) at the John Wayne airport. I suppose after checkout and finding a way to get the mittens refuge it'll be around 11:00 PM. Btw: anyone else arrives that late? Maybe we could share a cab then ;)

As for the tapings: yay, interest hereby expressed! Since we don't have a car, we'll be happy with anything you guys take us to (but preferably it's Craig Ferguson)

AGA

Esseb

Grundislav

By my count, that's all 8 spaces for Craig Ferguson claimed.  If anyone else wants to come, we'll need to secure another set of tickets.

Dirk: I get in at 10:30pm and am driving from LAX, so if you and your wife need a ride, I can come pick you two up at the airport.  I checked and it takes about 45 minutes to get from LAX to SNA (it seems to take 45 minutes to get ANYWHERE in the Greater Los Angeles area) so that should be enough time to overlap.

Disco

No worries about that, I can come pick you guys up a bit sooner than Grundislav arriving about an hour later and driving from further away.

I think that leaves Snarky arriving at almost 7 to pick up, as well as the currently unknown Miez arrival. We can plan a shuttle service better once all the times are in.

Snarky

I've requested 4 more Ferguson tickets in case any of the others want to come along too. If you all leave me at the airport, you can't have them!

Miez

I'll be arriving a day early - august 23, 15:05 on BA 283 - and staying overnight at the LAX Travelodge hotel. Sleeping off the pre-Mittens jetlag :D
Probably making my way to the villa by train on the 24th - the Anaheim Amtrak station is quite near the house, I gather?

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

It is about a 25 minute walk, though there's also a bus line running straight down S. St. College Blvd that stops within about 10 minutes of the house.  I'll be arriving on the amtrak at 6:52 am so if you arrive at around the same time we could just hang out in a nearby coffee shop until 12 pm when the villa opens or whatever.  I still think Ken's going to arrive at around 8 am or so.

AGA

8pm, possibly.  We're not leaving San Francisco at midnight!

Snarky

Just to let you know that I got another 4 tickets for Craig Ferguson, so we have enough for all of us (though I know ProgZ at least said he wasn't interested).

Disco

Did you get priority tickets? If so, we can rest assured that we can get in.

Because of traffic concerns in the area we'll be going, I suggest we go out in the morning and visit Hollywood, so we will at least be in the area and have less of a chance of being caught in traffic and missing the show. LA's Thai Town is in the Hollywood outskirts. Pre-show lunch there?

Snarky

AGA

I was hoping we'd get a chance to do the tourist thing in Hollywood at some point anyway, so spending all day there sounds good.

MillsJROSS

So...I totally am not going this year, despite past years promises to make any Mittens in America.

I got a new job, can afford to go, but I don't have the vacation time built up yet.

Oh well. If any of you have a layover in Austin, let me know.

-MillsJROSS

abstauber

Just a small question from the first time us traveller: Will trainers be sufficient or will there be occasions where I should bring leather/serious shoes?

Grundislav

L.A. is not a walking city, we will be driving everywhere, but I don't think serious leather shoes are a must unless you want to go someplace fancy.  If you want to bring them along, fine, but if not I wouldn't say they are a necessity.  I myself am only bringing one pair of Vans and some sandals.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I was thinking of bringing along a pair of those slip-on swim shoes but I wasn't sure if it was worth the bother.  I'm already going to have to switch from the small suitcase I was going to bring to a duffelbag, probably.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk