Mittens 2012 Anaheim - August 24-31 - Dave G was there!

Started by Disco, Wed 21/03/2012 15:42:05

Previous topic - Next topic

abstauber

Great, so I can save a few pounds then :) I just was a bit worried that they'll demand a certain dresscode at Craig Ferguson's.

In the meantime I've been wondering about this: Besides towels, do we also need to bring bed linen?

Grundislav

Ah, right.  I forgot about that.  The ticket says dress code is "nice casual," as though you were going on a movie date.  I assume that just means no tank tops and shorts with flip flops.

Also, the house website says towels and linens are included, so pretty much just bring your clothes.

Snarky

Quote from: Grundislav on Tue 21/08/2012 16:09:38
I assume that just means no tank tops and shorts with flip flops.

:shocked: I guess I'll have to repack, then...

Final laundry night before Mittens tonight! Oh yeah! If it doesn't get washed tonight, I'm not wearing it... or I'll wear it anyway.

Anything else we're going to need? Anyone planning any movies for which we should bring particular costumes or props? Any devices or cables needed for showing off games or such?
Any arts & crafts stuff to keep us entertained? (I'll bring some color pencils, at least.) Anyone want me to bring some Swiss chocolate/cheese/watches/bank accounts?

Oh, I just remembered that there are usually prizes for the Mittens quiz. Amazon has been sending me duplicates of a bunch of orders lately, so I'll bring along some of those.

Disco

For your packing information:

"...we provide shampoo, conditioner, and soap in all of the showers, liquid soap at all sinks, toilet paper, a starter roll of paper towels, dish soap, dishwasher soap, cleaning wipes, and air freshener. The kitchen is stocked with basic spices and condiments in the refrigerator. We have a coffee pot, multiple toasters, a pancake griddle, waffle iron, hand mixer, rice cooker and crock-pot. All linens, pillows, bath and pool towels are provided."

Grundislav

No movies this year!  I haven't even done much with last year's.

I think we should be okay for stuff to bring, although Swiss chocolate would be appreciated ;)

abstauber

Oops, sorry guys - I should have read the fine manual. I just haven't expected the information to be on the website itself.

Miez

I'm bringing a small collection of arts and crafts materials ...

Snarky

I just got a reminder to print out the tickets for the Late Late Show. So that probably applies to you too, Kenneth and Francisco, if you didn't get/ignored the notification.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I didn't even think to ask if the house provided bathing stuff, and now I have all these color-coded bottles with shampoo and stuff in them...Well, I suppose I'll bring them now that I've gone to the trouble of packing them.

I do seem to recall some mention of the house having wifi...or did I imagine that?  As far as movies and stuff goes, I think I've got an hdmi cable I can hook up to my acer to play (or record) movies unless someone else has better ideas.  I have a 16 gb card I was just going to throw crap on for my trip there, anyway.  Note:  my latest update to shitscream sandwich has made ags for android twitchy on music support, and this makes me sad :(.

If any of you happen to have a ps vita and would bring it along for me to check it out that would be very nice as well since my gp2x bricked and I'm looking for a suitable replacement.

Francisco- I don't have any fancy chocolate for you but I will have some pistachios.

And for Snarky, Janet, and Ken (and random people who are non-commital), I haven't forgotten AFMBE.  The books are all loaded up in my satchel case and damn if they don't just about dominate it (p&p games have a lot of books, people)!  And I've brought along enough dice to literally choke a mule.

abstauber

I'd rather bring this up again, before everyone's on the way: Airport Shuttle :) So Ken or one of the 5pm arrivals is going to pick us up at SNA? That would be super cool :)

@ProgZ: Maybe the CyanogenMod project has a matching release for your device. The one they offer for my cellphone is just plain awesome (had Froyo before with no upgrades provided from Moto).

Snarky

Yes, how are we going to organize that? Am I waiting 3.5 hours at LAX for Grundislav? (There is a risk I will collapse from jet lag in that case.)

Unfortunately I still can't find my driver's license, and I think it might have expired anyway, so I can't add to our vehicle fleet.

Grundislav

I've got no problem taking Snarky, but 3.5 hours at an airport is a long time to wait.  Dave and Ken will both have cars and both have arrived by the time both Dirk, Christina, and Gunnar get in, so I guess one could go to each airport?

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Miez- if you want to meet at LAX station to share the ride to Anaheim (I believe you'll be there for the 6:15 am train) you'll be able to tell me by the glasses and tan outback hat I'll be wearing.  I should be easy to spot with it on :).

Oh, and if any one of you could bring a micro hdmi out cable that would be awesome.  I'm bringing along some movies but I didn't have time to get a cable ;(.

Pumaman

Hey guys,

Sorry I've been so absent lately and sorry that I can't make it to Mittens this year.

I just wanted to say, I hope you all have a great time and find somewhere suitably inappropriate to sing Bohemian Rhapsody.

Hopefully see you all next time!

CJ

Miez

I'm there. I'm in the Los of the Angeles! In some shady backwater hotel near LAX. So yeah, Progz - I can meet you at LAX tomorrow, but if you're talking about 6:15 AM then nooooo ... I need to finish my continental breakfast first. :D I could be there between 9 and 10 AM.

And it's a phenomenal shame you're not coming Chris. Won't be the same without you!

Snarky

Dave Gilbert

Heading out to the airport in a bit. Unfortunately, we had a bit of an emergency with our dog so Janet is staying home to take care of him for a few days. She'll be flying into LA to join us on Monday. See y'all later!

Dave Gilbert

Sorry to sound dense, but is there an actual address for this place? Something I can plug into a GPS? I tried looking on the website, but I can't find it there. There's a map, but when I zoomed in on it to see the street, it points to an area with no street. :-/

I'm going to assume that it's at the end of E. Olmstead Way. If not, look for some frantic texts/PMs from me. :)

-Dave

edit: Never mind, I'm a moron. I see it now. :) See you this afternoon!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

after the first train had some engine problems I'm finally on the way to anaheim.  Not really sure about places around the station but I hear there is a cafe or something so I'll see what happens.

Miez

Trying to find my way from LAX to anaheim. If anybody needs to reach me, try email or whatsapp as my phone has no connection here (but, wheee: free WiFi at LAX)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk