Mittens 2014 Portugal - 19-26 July

Started by cat, Tue 07/01/2014 09:40:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Disco

arj0n

Check the link in disco's pm to find the address ;)

edit
disco was quicker :)

AGA

m0ds

Have a great time! Already? Shit I was going to send someone some DVD's. Oh well hope Andail has a couple of TSP's for you guys to 'win'! Berian Rigged Williams! ;) Enjoy the holiday, bring us some nice photos 8-)

arj0n

Ah, yes. The tsp-dvd. I was actually wondering about it yesterday ;)

we'll make some nice agstourists pics for you mods :-D

DutchMarco

This is so cool, people!
BTW for anyone interested, my flight to Lisbon has number LH1792 and lands at 21:40 Lisbon airport at (if all goes well), let us hope so, or at least me.

Cassiebsg

Is is now I should challenge you guys to make an AGS game with your "agstourists pics"? ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

cat

What actually happened to the Bicilotti-Adventure, Mods?

arj0n

I've actually seen a very very small alpha build some months ago

Tabata

Wishing you all a save journey and tons of fun!  (nod)
Please don't forget your camera and use it often for to show us a lot of pics when you're back home  :grin:

Miez

I totally second that sentiment: have a complete BLAST, Mitteneers! :-D
Still sad I couldn't make it this year...

Disco

Greetings from Toronto Pearson airport! The first leg of our travel is complete. Now waiting to board our flight to Lisbon via Brussels.

We will get a hands-on overview of Lisboa during the next two days and report any potential day trip ideas beyond those already expressed in the thread.

See you all soonly :D

m0ds

Quote from: cat on Wed 16/07/2014 16:29:09
What actually happened to the Bicilotti-Adventure, Mods?

Can you believe it, because the internet couldn't provide a decent OGV converter back in 20...13? Amazed to live through a period where something ISN'T available. The VLC conversion method sucks ass. But then Pazera offered one up a few weeks after the end of Mittens and I never made use of it... yet... I use that converter constantly nowadays just not for FMV, despite that game being the reason I found that converter...yeah... Where is it :) Make a game whilst you're out there I dare ye lol. Marco don't reverse into any signposts. Have a good'n!

Snarky

I thought I might bring some board/card games; Small World, Resistance and that weird plasticine game have been hits at past Mittenses. But since they can be kind of bulky I can only take one or two, so I thought I'd ask attendees if they have a preference between:

Dixit (picture card game, creativity and psychology involved, very good)
Dominion (fantasy strategy card game, also very good)
Ticket to Ride (railroad building game, also also very good)
Monopoly (you know... Monopoly)
Dune (complicated strategy war game, supposed to be good, but never actually played)
Resistance (card bluffing game, played last Mittens)
Evolution (creature-building card game, only played a couple of times, felt a bit unbalanced)

It'd be fun to have a chance to try out Dune; I've never been able to find people willing to spend a day on it.

arj0n

Cool you're bringing card-/boardgames!!

My prefered top 3:

1.: Resistance: yes please, that was really a cool game to play!
@Esseb: Was Resistance that game where I beat you in the 1st seconds of the game like poker-mode? If so, let's play it again!  :-D
2.: Dixit: looks nice
3.: Monopoly: always a sweet game

I think a game like Jenga or similar would be nice too.

Dune:
Games like Dune which requires such a long gameplay are not really my thing. But others might like it though...

cat

Quote from: Arj0n on Thu 17/07/2014 10:48:41
Dune:
Games like Dune which requires such a long gameplay are not really my thing. But others might like it though...

That's why I don't like Monopoly :P

I'd prefer a quick card game that's easy to understand where you can easily play several rounds like Resistance last year (or similar).
And also maybe something for the evenings where all of us can play at the same time - is Dixit for that many players?

AGA

So my Portuguese boss has recommended:

à“bidos
Nazaré
Alcobaça

All nice places to visit, within an hour or so's travel of us.  Plus she lent me a totally up to date 2007/8 Lisbon city guide.

Snarky

Monopoly doesn't have to go on for that long if you play by the rules (auctions, no handouts at Free Parking) and people don't faff about.

Dixit is supposedly for 3-6 players, but I'd recommend at least 4 and don't see why you couldn't have more than 6 (above 8 might get a bit overwhelming). Dixit + Resistance are solid choices, but personally I'd also like something a little "bigger", like Monopoly, Ticket to Ride or Dominion (or some other classic like Risk or Settlers of Catan)... I guess thinking about it, the common factor between all of them is that they're "empire building" games of one sort or another. It'd be great if someone else could bring something like that; otherwise I'll see if I can squeeze in a third box in my suitcase.

cat

I'll see what games I can bring (that require no German to play 8-0 )

Oh, and I mixed something up, I don't have an adapter we can use to connect to the TV set :(

Esseb

Quote from: Arj0n on Thu 17/07/2014 10:48:41
1.: Resistance: yes please, that was really a cool game to play!
@Esseb: Was Resistance that game where I beat you in the 1st seconds of the game like poker-mode? If so, let's play it again!  :-D

Hm, not sure. You might be thinking of Love Letter. I'll be bringing that again.

Snarky:
1. Resistance
2. Dixit
3. Dominion

I'm bringing One Night Ultimate Werewolf myself, a condensed version of Mafia/Werewolf which actually is better.

Edit: What adapters would we need? I might have some stuff lying around, but it depends what ports out exist on whichever laptop anyone is bringing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk