Mittens USA

Started by MillsJROSS, Wed 02/07/2003 05:54:02

Previous topic - Next topic

MillsJROSS

What with this being the month that Mittens is taking place, I think it's now time to start gathering intelligence as far as the next mittens is concerned. Right now there are no secure plans, as nothing other than mere chit chat has been passed between fellow USA AGSers. But here is what I think what will be happening...

It'll end up being on the east coast, making a central point that takes less time all around for everyone outside the US to get here.

It'll probably be in the months of June/July

It'll be anywhere from 1week to 10days

That's about it. I know of a campsite near where I live that I could probably get everyone in for however long, but I'm not sure on price yet (it's got a ropes course, and I think we can get served meals for breakfast/lunch/dinner but still this might be a variable on how much people would be willing to spend). And as we still haven't determined a location for it, it's still up for grabs. It won't necessarily be on the east coast, but I feel that's the best route.

So that said...I make a bid for it to be held in Florida.

When we get more bids everyone will vote on it.  

-MillsJROSS

TerranRich

I say it should be on the east coast, ,although getting time off from work for Mittens 2004 might be tough...I'm already planning on going to Portugual between July and August for 2 weeks. I can't ask for TOO much time off. If it's close enough to Massachusetts,  I could go for a day or two.

:)

Sylpher

Wherever it may be, come hell or highwater I shall be there. I kinda hoped for NYC just because I mean its the big apple...But setting isn't a big deal for me. As well as long as a jack in the box or Carls Jr is near by I am feed for the trip.

Anyone else who may be going that are in the Southwest and would not like to travel to far off lands alone let me know perhaps we can work something out...(Even, Pesty..??...Cornjob!?)

Squinky

And here I sit, way over on the oppisite side of this country...bah...

scotch

I hoped for NYC too ._.

It's closer ;)

MrColossal

just to clear something up

saying NYC is misleading

there's no way to camp in new york city, New York especially upstate is great for camping
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

scotch

no! I want to camp on a building roof or in an alley.

But otherwise Florida or anywhre will do.

juncmodule

I'm really excited about this. ;D

I hope we do not decide on NYC. That sounds like a bad idea. Rooftops and alleys and all.

Florida sounds okay but, what about someplace a little more west? How far can/will people travel?

Personally, I am going to try my best to go no matter where it is. Places like Florida and NY are a little "touristy". In the summer going to those places is going to be pretty expensive. I'm really lacking in suggestions....perhaps we could do Gettysburg or some hokey "American" place.

What about those overseas? At least those that are going to try to come...what piece of America do you want to see? I would hate for someone to come all the way to America and not see anything but us ugly American AGSers.

eh,
-junc

MillsJROSS

I don't live in the touristy part of Florida, I live in norther florida. There's really nothing to see where I live. And, the NY thing, I'm sure not all areas of NY or touristy either.

I think I'd only go as far as to say the eastern side of the central zone would be as close to the west as I would get. But it's all up to everyone.

-MillsJROSS

evilspacefart

am i the only one in Seattle?

m0ds

I know myself and a few others were wondering if it could be tied in to fit around E3 in someway. I.e., the week before E3 or something. That way at the end of it we could all go to E3 and then go home.

;)
m0ds

Andail

There is a chance I might show up. If Leks comes to sweden now, I've promised to do my best to be in USA next year.
I wouldn't want to miss any mittens anyway.
Of course, it's too big a deal to make any vows, but I'll certainly do my best

cpa'ge

I guess I'm the only one here who was hoping west coast

Dave Gilbert

Yay!  Mittens USA!  :-)

Heh, coming to NYC sounds good to me, considering I live there.  The less I have to move my butt the better!  There are YMCAs and such to stay in, and I'd be happy to put some people up if they need it.  But I live in a 500 square foot studio (and that includes closets and bathroom), so I don't know how practical that would be.

Camping in upstate NY is an excellent idea, Eric.  Lots of... mountains and stuff.  I really know next to nothing about the area.  And if you're keen to see the Big Apple, we could always take a day trip.

Florida.  Hm.  I love Florida.  In the WINTER, I love Florida.  During the summer... I dunno.  It's bone-meltingly hot there, so I've been led to understand.  Grundy would be the one to ask.

-Dave

Unilin

Somewhere northerly is better for me, not only because it's closer but because I am intollerant of heat.  Upstate New York sounds good.
"He is the deadliest man alive and I want him dead."  -- The Boss, Ett Buttert Utter

Nothing in the universe is certain, probably.

MillsJROSS

I'd just like to point out that New York in the summer is hotter than Florida in the summer. Florida has a reputation for being hot ALL the time, because it's closer to the equator. But if you already know that the earth is on a tilt, than you'd realise that the tilt, during summer, would bring the northern cities/states closer to the sun.

I'm interested in going to NY, though, as I've never been. And it seems just as good an idea to me, as long as we have someone who can get everything up there.

-MillsJROSS

Timosity

Typical New Yorker, can't move outside manhattan, j/k

how about Kansas, isn't that like the center of the country, equal for everyone, maybe Dorothy is still there.

Well it's probably Easier for people outside the US for it to be relatively close to a major city like New York or LA,

How about Las Vegas, we could all become millionaires

Or somewhere in Florida sounds sweet, or is anyone from southern California, I've heard it's pretty nice there too.

I have no idea if I could make it or not, too far away at this stage

bspeers-o-rama

Relight and I both live in Canada on the West coast, while Rode and Dragonrose (I think) live on the East.  I'm thinking they would prefer the east, but I can't speak for them.  Obviously, because I live here, I would love to see mittens on the West Coast, so I could go.  Like Seattle, Portland, or (dare I say it) Victoria BC! We've even got a "Helm's Inn" and our mayor is AL LOWE!!!!.  We used to have a "Bargain Quest" store, but ironically, it died off.

If I can afford it and I'm not doing something else equally important (hah!) I'll bring my lowly self over to tha' east and scare all the natives.  Literally.  St. Regis Mohawk Tribe, look out!  Assuming we don't all have to wear american "Freedom" ribbons and scorn the French. (Durn that there J. L).

Plus I will bore you all with my complex and vaguely irritating juggling skills! Howzabout that for an invitational.

bspeers-not "logged"

Oh, and just reminding all that Cornjob lives in Hawaii... for future reference and all.

m0ds

East coast if you want people from this side of the world to show up, West Coast if you Americans are being all private and fiendish.

Does that mean you've nominated yourself for hosting Mittens 2004, Mills? ;)

m0ds

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk