tzachs

Aye.

Ali

arj0n

Buckethead

Snake

AYE!

Castle of Fire is in my sig.

Also, if you wish, you can add The Original Leitor's Edge to the list as well.

If you would like to add the canceled Matt to the Future Demo, you are more than welcome (also in sig).

I hope the time isn't up already...

\\--EDIT--//
At one point, Calin, will be able to edit our own game's descriptions and such?
(sorry if I missed this already being stated)
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Dualnames

Aye, for HHGTG and Disquiet. :D

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ryan Timothy B

Road Racer welcomes you. Link in signature.

Maybe later this week I'll work on some rough concept layouts for this thing.... 'maybe'.

Kweepa

Aye!
III Spy, The Young Gabriel King Chronicles, Space Pool Alpha here: http://www.kweepa.com/games.html

More like mini-screenshots than icons, but what the hell.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Radiant

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Mon 13/09/2010 05:50:41
So anyone who is willing to let me manually add their game and username to nexus before the submission system is active say aye!

Calin Leafshade

thanks guys, I think that should be enough to give me a sizeable library to play with

if anyone feels so inclined they could make an icon for their game.

The icon is 45pixels square...The ever beginning tales is like this:

http://www.thethoughtradar.com/AGS/TaleIcon.png

Edit your post if you want to.

EDIT: Snaklepants: Yes, the games will be assigned to your usernames so once the system is up and running you'll be able to edit it like any other game you added.

Radiant

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Mon 13/09/2010 22:31:43
The icon is 45pixels square...

That's a bit of an unusual size. Would 48 pixels be okay, as this makes it easier to convert standard 16x16 or 32x32 windows icons?

Calin Leafshade

Yea 48 is a more sensible size actually.

48px it is!

therantingrob

it would certainly be user-friendly to have such a service.
(especially for users who don't even know how to unzip, etc.)
it could also help indie developers to distribute high-quality titles.

however, the question is:
what is the cost-benefit ratio?

oh and congrats for the progress on the alpha version!

Snake

Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

GreenBoy

arj0n

Calin Leafshade

ok again I seek the advice of the AGSers.. this one is more directly related to nexus so it goes in this thread ^_^

The AGS db accepts all games submitted to it.. even clearly broken ones. These are given 1 cup ratings by the panel.

Now, would you consider it a positive or negative if Nexus only accepted games which would be considered 'proper games' and not anything that is submitted.

I'm finding it difficult to know where to draw the line. I need to find a balance between not alienating the developer base and providing players with games of a certain calibre.

So what are you thoughts?
Should Nexus be entirely unregulated?
Should games be accepted based on a panel decision (yea i know how fun that would be)
Should games have to adhere to a set of objective rules with no thought for the subjective aspects of a game?

Mr Flibble

I don't think anybody here has the right to tell someone their game isn't good enough to be made available. I'd be sad if we turned into that kind of community.
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Calin Leafshade

no one said anything about not making a game available. the database would still be the same.

but should games that are impossible to complete be available on a service designed to make life easier for players?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk