Nimbus! - AGS Steam - PreAlpha release

Started by Calin Leafshade, Wed 18/08/2010 16:23:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Calin Leafshade

yea, as tomatos says. You can trick nexus into doing this if you really want to.

m0ds

Great! But no installation manual or any kind of set up readme? I dont have a clue what Im doing nor how to get framework etc so please make some documentation for dumbasses like me Leaftits!

Calin Leafshade

m0ds

Suck my space pool alpha!

But: Okay.

:=

Stupot

Quote from: TomatosInTheHead on Fri 25/03/2011 21:14:38
You can do it if you name the folder with the game's number from agsarchives.com (in this case, 735), make an icon with the same name in the icon cache folder, and include a registry file in the game folder like the ones created by Nexus, with the appropriate values...
Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Fri 25/03/2011 21:19:53
yea, as tomatos says. You can trick nexus into doing this if you really want to.

Gah, probably easier to just download them again... ta anyway :)

AGA

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Fri 25/03/2011 16:32:49
Quote from: Ouxxey_games on Fri 25/03/2011 14:52:24
Call to the admins: This should be quickly integrated to the website or wherever it belongs, so that it doesn't stay a "hidden" feature, reserved for the forum crawlers.

Nexus is not developed by CJ and so he is probably reluctant to give it his 'seal of approval' by adding it to the site. Especially considering that it's written by a very junior and inexperienced coder. Adding it to the gamesdb would be nice but I understand why it should not be.

CJ's usually pretty cool about supporting projects like this.  He might add a link to it once it's in a proper public release state.

cosmicr

I really like where Nexus is going. Keep up the good work! If you're after help with maintaining or anything really, I'm available to help.

I'd like to see more separation between the web aspect and the program. At the moment all it feels like is a browser that captures downloads to AGS games. Its really no different to if I were to visit the site with chrome or firefox. When I used steam it actually felt like I was in a different protocol than the web (even though the interface was the same).I suppose with time it will come.

Once again, if I can offer any assistance, I'm open to help.

theo

Kick-ass project. Sometimes Calin, you're actually pretty cool.

Calin Leafshade

theo

yeah, I think your girly avatar might causing the "sometimes". You need something awesome like a goblin with crossbones, or a wolf with a rocket launcher, or a bearded, slowly rotating smug man doing an odd suggestive gesture with his hand (?!).

Dualnames

There's nothing wrong with HOT avatars. :D :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Calin Leafshade

Nexus has had a redesign, a new name and a new set of features!

Check my blog for the skinny.

http://www.thethoughtradar.com/blog/?p=234

I will also be tweeting regularly about the project so feel free to follow me @spoulton.

zabnat

What do you mean web 2.0 aesthetic? The buttons don't even have round corners! ;D

I'm very interested in this project and am eagerly waiting for it to mature.

Monsieur OUXX

You can't call it Nimbus!!!!
Abstauber (and me) is working on a game with that name!!!
You traitor.
You'll have to share the huge royalty fees you get from Nexus. There's no way I let you get rich with AGS and get away with it.

abstauber

Narrp, Nimbus is a bad choice indeed.

Spoiler
We're working on ShattenReyze, I just didn't tell :-[ On the other hand - getting ShattenReyze through the Nimbus is a rather interesting idea
[close]

Edit - maybe I should mention that I visited your blog. The new design looks nice, also you could raise the contrast a bit. E.g. "generated at..." is hardly readable on this (hopefully calibrated) monitor.

Snake

I love the new look and I don't mind the new name. At first I thought it was awful, but it's actually growing on me quite fast. Just don't turn it into a fucking FaceBook

Calin, would it be a bother to update the first post with the latest updates as well? Every time I see this thread float back to the top I get excited and click on it... only to see:
Quoteok, so firstly I understand that all of what i am about to say falls under the category of unnecessary but hear me out.

What do people think of a steam-like system for ags games?

Then I find my self sifting through the last page trying to find what you had posted.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Calin Leafshade

Quote from: abstauber on Thu 31/03/2011 09:58:51
Narrp, Nimbus is a bad choice indeed.

Sorry if I stole your name :( I didnt mean to.

Quote from: abstauber on Thu 31/03/2011 09:58:51
Edit - maybe I should mention that I visited your blog. The new design looks nice, also you could raise the contrast a bit. E.g. "generated at..." is hardly readable on this (hopefully calibrated) monitor.

Actually the 'Generated at' part was really for debugging purposes so that i knew that the page was being regenerated.

Quote from: Snake on Thu 31/03/2011 14:38:42
I love the new look and I don't mind the new name. At first I thought it was awful, but it's actually growing on me quite fast. Just don't turn it into a fucking FaceBook

Thanks. *Technically* it was forum user uoou that designed the UI. I just implemented it.

The UI is all themed by the way so user can created third party themes for it if they so desire. [/pointless feature]

Quote from: Snake on Thu 31/03/2011 14:38:42
Calin, would it be a bother to update the first post with the latest updates as well? Every time I see this thread float back to the top I get excited and click on it... only to see:
Quoteok, so firstly I understand that all of what i am about to say falls under the category of unnecessary but hear me out.

What do people think of a steam-like system for ags games?

Then I find my self sifting through the last page trying to find what you had posted.

In my defence, Nimbus is still in the category of unnecessary. I will update the first post in future.

abstauber

Damn, I should have reserved that name ages ago.

Nowadays everything's called Nimbus, including a bug tracker at my company. I stole the name from was inspired by the movie "The Others" btw :)

Anyway, that name is a good source for a few puns.

Anian

...yeah, don't mean to rain on the name parade (and this might be a pun cause a nimbus is actually one of the cloud types that brings rain, which already is not a positive association). But really there are games, softwares and other things already named Nimbus (I mean, even when googling it).

On the other hand, it's impossible to choose a name that might make some sense and was not used already for something, so you might as well stick with it. It's simple and memorable, that's the easiest way to spread it.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Atelier

Quote from: theo on Mon 28/03/2011 09:59:54
yeah, I think your girly avatar might causing the "sometimes".

Incidentally cailín in Irish means girl.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk