AGS games on 1up

Started by Vince Twelve, Thu 18/01/2007 23:52:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince Twelve

1up just put up an article called 101 Free Games - The Best Games That Money Can't Buy which is notable not only for the many awesome free games it links to, but also because it includes many AGS games.  Unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending on your server) they put all the games on FileFront rather than linking them to the creator's website.

I'll list the AGS games that they mentioned so that you don't have to close a giant HALO flash ad that covers the page everytime you try to change pages.   >:(

Here they are with the categories they listed them in: (I hope I didn't miss any in there)

Brain Benders

-What Linus Bruckman Sees When His Eyes Are Closed

QuoteCan the name of this game be any longer? This crazy-good adventure game is just plain crazy. The top half of the screen follows a samurai in feudal Japan; a spacey comedy graphic adventure unfolds in the bottom. Your brain will hurt, so factor in the cost of aspirin.

Adventurer's Island

-Ben Jordan: Paranormal Investigator

QuoteCollege grad Ben Jordan turns to the paranormal to earn a buck in this Sierra-style graphic adventure. His first mission: discover the secret of the Skunk-Ape, a Bigfoot that got its name "because of its horrible smell, described as a mixture of moldy cheese, rotten eggs, and dung." Yum.

-Chicken vs. Road

QuoteClucksworth is finally ready to see the world. The only thing in his way: the road. This goofy but short graphic adventure will make you laugh -- and probably hum "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" for days.

-Heartland Deluxe

QuoteGood writing plus some hand-drawn illustrations equals a great adventure game. If only it weren't so damn short.

-No-Action Jackson

QuoteNo-Action Jackson instantly recalls Day of the Tentacle, and its hero is someone we can actually relate to: a meek kid who still lives with mom and dreams of reliving his days as a feared dungeon master.

Tributes and Remakes

-King's Quest III

QuoteThe latest Sierra fan tribute: A 256-color remake of Roberta Williams' King's Quest III: To Heir is Human. The story centers on a medieval slave named Gwydion who frantically seeks to escape the evil wizard who lords over him. This new version implements a point-and-click interface identical to Sierra's later graphic adventures, as well as full voice acting and some quirky new bits of humor. And if you missed 'em, check out the KQ1 and KQ2 remakes at www.agdinteractive.com.

-Maniac Mansion Deluxe

QuoteRemember the salad days of PC gaming, when there were graphic adventures as far as the eye could see, and LucasArts actually did something besides churn out Star Wars stuff? A group of devoted fans remembers, too, and have remade one of the greatest (and funniest) games ever made.

TheJBurger

Cool, thanks for the link.

I also caught Bernie's game "Darkside Adventures" and Maniac Mansion Deluxe on the list.

Vince Twelve

Whoops, thanks, I totally missed MMD.  Added it to the list.  And, while it isn't an AGS game, Darkside Adventures being on there is awesome, too!  Congrat's Bernie!

LimpingFish

Well spotted, Vince.

Always nice to see AGS games getting a mention. :)
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Play_Pretend

Thanks for the link, man...that's really cool to see. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk