Swarm Development: Postmortem

Started by Baron, Thu 21/04/2011 04:58:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Corby

Hey, you forgot my animation! HMF. Oh well, looks/plays great! Good work everyone!

Baron

Quote from: Corby on Sun 30/10/2011 03:36:08
Hey, you forgot my animation! HMF. Oh well, looks/plays great! Good work everyone!

Dammit!  Too much going on in the eleventh hour.  I'll make sure to plug this in next build.  Sorry!

cat

Yay!

Could you release the translation file? Ekeko offered to do a translation and others might want to do that too. It's quite common that translations are added later on.

Snarky

I assume that at some suitable time, maybe after v1.1, the game files will be released?

I played through the release version this morning, and it's great fun! The whole thing has come together really well. And the voice actors are fantastic throughout. This time it was SpacePirateCain who really cracked me up.

If we're looking at things to polish up post-release, I think the main area is still sound effects:

-My vampire sucking sound effect doesn't time up with the animation at all. I think with some editing it will. (Or I can rerecord it.)
-I'll look for a heartbeat effect to use with the poodle-pumping
-It still really bothers me that there's no alarm sound while the doctor is having a conversation that discusses the alarm, twice! It wouldn't need to be loud or constant, just in the background intermittently would be sufficient ("drrt! drrt! drrt! - pause - drrt! drrt! drrt!" etc.)
-Maybe also a telephone mumble for the other side of that conversation? I could record some blah-blah sounds.
-The final screen with the hand emerging doesn't quite pop the way it was meant to, I think. Some combination of the audio, timing and animation is off. Of course, by handing in the animation so shortly before the deadline, I didn't give Baron much time to work on it. If I could get my hands at the source files I could take a crack at it.

And finally, I've thought of a name for the sequel:

Bryde of the Draculator

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Snarky on Sun 30/10/2011 11:47:17
And finally, I've thought of a name for the sequel

No, I think it should be:
Bryde of the Draculator IV

Ponch

The Extra Special Edition

qptain Nemo

Well, hey you just can't leave revenge out of it. I mean, seriously.
The Extra Special Revenge Edition

Ponch

[size=8]IN 3-D![/size]

Armageddon

[size=8]IN 3-D![/size]
With Extra Special Sauce and Large Drink!

Igor Hardy

Or... What if you'd call simply

Bryde

Gilbert

Brydraculator HD* -Special Studio 3-D Cut-

*HD stands for Heavily Degraded.

Nikolas

how about...?

NIKOLAS'S Bryde of the Draculator 69

Come on... You know what an important part I played in the making of the game. without me, there wouldn't be a game! ;D

Hudders

The next one should have a pirate in it somewhere.

Tabata

Quote from: Hudders on Mon 31/10/2011 10:07:11
The next one should have a pirate in it somewhere.

If he is wearing tight leather pants - I'm in  ;D

Armageddon

Alright, let's get straight to the biscuits.

Man I suck a sprites, I think he's supposed to be Dr. Byrde. link

Grim

The pirate looks even meaner, with what appears to be an open zipper and his willy out....  :P  :)

Armageddon

Buckethead

Quote from: Grim on Tue 01/11/2011 02:34:26
The pirate looks even meaner, with what appears to be an open zipper and his willy out....  :P  :)

Dude Grim, I don't where you compare it with but, if so, that must be some really small manliness  :=

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Grim on Tue 01/11/2011 02:34:26

Oh my! That pirate not only has his willie out, but he's also peeing blood in such a way that it forms the shape of a pointed arrow and the letters "ARR" ("...ROW"?)

Tabata

I have the suspicion that some of you guys use a distorting monitor resolution (or have visual impairments)  ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk