The Oceanspirit Omnibus

Started by Ponch, Tue 12/07/2011 03:55:21

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey0506

Well, I'm not named Bjorn, but I do have some German in my heritage.

Feel free to use user.ico or setup.ico from my OSD game. Both have 256x256, 48x48, 32x32, 24x24, and 16x16 in the ICO icon files, so you should be good with either of them. I could also make one with a different image if you'd like, or you could always just download IcoFX yourself. :P

Ponch

Quote from: monkey_05_06 on Sun 15/07/2012 02:07:15
or you could always just download IcoFX yourself. :P

What? When I have minions pals like you? Nonsense!  :=

Thanks, monkey! Lil' Dennis is going in the browser bar with the next update.  :cool:

Icey

What happened Ponch? No more site updates? :(

Ponch

Quote from: Pub master on Wed 15/08/2012 00:27:32
What happened Ponch? No more site updates? :(

No new games to add to the page, Icey. When someone releases a shiny new OSD game, I'll update the OSD page.  :smiley:

Icey

But what about the Outrage Dreamer Roads Games + Iceyverse...games?

Ghost

And what about my rather original OSD: I Married A Teenage Robot? It's very good, it has pirates AND robots (no zombies though, they are DLC), and it's not as though I even made it!

Ponch

Icey: The OSD website only deals with OSD games for the moment. Sooner or later, I'll add entries (or a separate page) for the OSD spinoff games. You're just going to have to wait a while, Icey. Real life is keeping me very bust at the moment. The important thing is that the Omnibus thread here is up to date -- at least, I think it is.  ;)

Ghost: I can't wait to play this game you never made. Which is why you should make it.  (nod)

EDIT: Are monkey's links at the top of the page setting other people's virus guards off? Or is it just me?

Icey

Fair enough, and you do keep the thread up to date very well.  :)

kconan

The keys to the Omnibus are in good hands.  Anyone else might wreck it, quite possibly on purpose. :)

Ponch

Thanks, Kconan. I do my best to keep Dennis on the straight and narrow in a topsy turvy world.  :=

Ponch

Updated thread with From Hell's Hart, I Is Stabbings. I don't know why I forgot to do that when I released the game.:embarrassed:

MiteWiseacreLives!

Oh Dear,
I've played up to Pirates on the Poopdeck, one of my knew most favired games 4ev 'arr, I'm so happy I found this thread! Thanks Ponch. Was trying to understand what the heck Oceanspirit Dave was all about for a while now..
p.s. do AGS games not like windows 7?  these games don't run well on my laptop, music is messed etc., maybe the sound card ??

Ponch

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Wed 06/03/2013 17:04:28
Oh Dear,
I've played up to Pirates on the Poopdeck, one of my knew most favired games 4ev 'arr, I'm so happy I found this thread! Thanks Ponch. Was trying to understand what the heck Oceanspirit Dave was all about for a while now..
p.s. do AGS games not like windows 7?  these games don't run well on my laptop, music is messed etc., maybe the sound card ??
You can never have too much Dennis!  :=

Regarding your tech issues, several of the OSD games (mostly mine) were made with an older version of AGS. Some newer systems have issues with it. Sorry.  :undecided:

Ponch

Updated with four new games!

* The Search For Oceanspirit Dennis by OneDollar
* Sweet Revenge by Ponch
* GearWhale DX by Kconan
* Holiday Havoc by Grundy

I'm hoping we get source code releases for these new games soon. OSD is an open source world after all.

I also hope Ben304 finishes his next OSD project (which rumor has it will shock fans who hold OSD's all-important canon dear to their hearts).

Ghost

I am still NOT working on the original game OSD: I Married A Teenage Robot. Do not expect it to fail to be not done this year, because it won't not be. Just FYI.

Ponch

I can't not get my hopes up now! ;-D

UPDATED: First post has GearWhaleDX source code goodness now. :smiley:

Ponch

Updated first post with source code links for "The Search For Oceanspirit Dennis", "Sweet Revenge", and "Holiday Havoc". Also, there's a bonus content pack for "The Search For OSD" filled with all sorts of new goodies for you to use in your own OSD game. :cheesy:

Ghost

we sure could need some new OSD game. It's getting lonely on the bus. :~(

Ponch

Quote from: Ghost on Tue 12/11/2013 01:13:16
we sure could need some new OSD game. It's getting lonely on the bus. :~(
I agree! And since there have been eight OSD games released since you last released one, maybe you should get to work on one.

Or other people in the AGS community could start their own OSD game. With all these resources freely available, it's not like they have any excuse not to.   :cheesy:

miguel

Is there a time-line of events that one could follow? Where could I start? What's the story so far?
I'm going on holidays soon and I'd love to had a game on this fantastic iconic AGS series!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk