Game In Production - Arctifact

Started by MrAnonymus, Sat 03/01/2004 11:02:28

Previous topic - Next topic

MrAnonymus

The premise is fairly simple. Contact has been lost with a research team in the Arctic. A search and rescue team (the leader being controlled by you) is sent to find out exactly what happened to the research team. The investigation leads to a giant alien structure, which appears to be linked to the native tribes who lived in the area thousands of years ago. The origin of the structure is unknown, nor is its purpose. Your team enters the structure through a temple, determined to find out the meaning of the alien structure and if it is connected to the disappearance of the research team.

The game's not very far along. I've got most of the story down, concept art, and a couple of screens (see below). I have no clue if I will release a demo or when this project will be done. Let's hope it comes along well.

Screens (mind the crappy quality, they're meant to be 320x240 resolution but I blew them up):

The alien structure:

The main character (unnamed as of yet):

BTW, if anyone wants to help with animation and/or music, it would be greatly appreciated.

Pet Terry

Sounds really cool, reminds me a bit of X-Files. If you want midi music, I could probably help. Send me a private message and tell what you need, how would you like it to sound etc. and I'll try to whip something up.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Redwall

aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

AGA

Well assuming you speak proper (British) English, it's actually spelled "artefact".

Timosity

but if you notice the game is set in the "Arctic" (well a research team is lost there) you may get the play on words.

Sounds and looks interesting MrAnonymus

BerserkerTails

Aliens? Arctic? Sounds alot to me like John Carpenter's The Thing. I love that movie! hope to see more of the game soon!
I make music.

MrAnonymus

Yes, it's deliberately supposed to be Arctifact, due to it taking place in the Arctic. It's really just a temporary name. I'm horrible at coming up with names.

I can see how it seems like The Thing, but for the most part, the two have nothing in common storywise other than a research team, the Arctic, and aliens.

AGA

heh, now I get it, it's quite funny. I just thought you were making a silly spelling mistake though :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk