Egress - The Test of STS-417

Started by Sughly, Sat 01/10/2011 09:42:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Sughly

Krams Design presents...

Egress is a short form sci-fi adventure game set in the outer reaches of space.

The story begins when you, the commander of a two man recon team, are sent hurtling into space during maintenance on an interplanetary probe. After a sudden attack from an black alien substance, you awake on a mysterious planet.

Where are you? How did you get there? And why is your partner screaming for help down the intercom…

Features include:
- Cinematic hand drawn, frame-by-frame 2D animation, including short intro and ending sequences
- Multiple endings designed to reflect the actions of the player

Screenshots:
(click on images for full resolution)

Progress:
- graphics 100%
- puzzles 95%
- scripting 80%
- music/sound 90%

As you can see, the game is basically done. I'll probably end up being wrong for one reason or another, but it should only be a few more days in development, a week at most. I wasn't going to post this at first and rather jump straight to the finished section, but I'd love to get some testers to try it out before I send it into the big scary world. Please PM me if you're interested, and I'll be sure to get a link to you as soon as possible!

Also just quickly for those of you who happen to know that I was putting most of my focus on another game, there's been a bit of a hold on it for the time being so getting this done was a nice distraction! But that other game is most definately still being made!

<< COMPLETED GAMES RELEASE THREAD >>

Dualnames

This looks very awesome and anime-like. :D
The title is also great imho.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Sughly

Thanks Duals! I'll take anime like followed by a big grinning smiley as a compliment 8)

NickyNyce

This does look very cool, I'm a sucker for space themed games and this looks like it hits the spot. Black alien substance, screaming through the intercom...I'm hooked already

KodiakBehr

Simply stunning -- I'm very excited to try this.

Bogdan

Really awesome backgrounds. The game looks so unique and cool from the screenshots!

Sughly

Thanks everyone! I'm working furiously on it as we speak, your kind words are like fuel for the home stretch ;D

Chicky

Wooo! GIP thread  :D You've done 100% of the graphics? Score!

Sughly

Quote from: Chicky on Sun 02/10/2011 12:38:33
Wooo! GIP thread  :D You've done 100% of the graphics? Score!

Yeppers! Should be out next week some time if all goes to plan.

ThreeOhFour

Ah yes, lovely, I've really been looking forward to seeing this one completed!

Good thing you will most definitely have it finished by next week so we can play it  :D

Armageddon

Saw this on your site and was wondering if it would be finished. It looks great and I can't wait to play!

Sughly

Alright guys, sorry for the slow update. It's basically done, just working on feedback from testers before releasing. Alas, moving house and starting a new job always puts spanners in the works, so surprise suprise there's a bit of a delay. I knew I would regret saying it would DEFINATELY be out in one week  :-\

Thanks for the love and support though peoples! I really appreciate it!

qptain Nemo

That looks very pleasing. Hope you work everything out and finish it soon. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk