Lost In Paradise - v2

Started by , Tue 01/09/2009 13:16:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Mandarb

Sorry to hear it man ... if, by some miracle, you are able to recover it let me know.

m0ds

Thank you Darth for unlocking this topic. Thankfully, after 7 months inactivity I've decided to get my arse into gear and rework this. Although the "build" was lost, apart from a couple of locations and videos, the majority of things that make up the game still exist.

I owe in part some of that to people like TerranRich, who quickly sent me file recovery software, and so enabled me to save a good 70% of video files, music and so forth.

The challenge now is rebuilding the game to a similar state and style it was just before last Mittens, and have it ready for this Mittens. It's going to be a bit shorter, some of the locations and puzzles will be a little different. But where I've been able to keep original art (and island designs) I have kept them.

I should also thank everyone and anyone who took the time to console me over this project and it's loss. I've tried starting some other, small things, but finally came to conclude I need to make this one, I'll never get over the fact it was near done if I don't. But as always the second run is going to provide new challenges but ultimately improve the game. I've certainly been able to put more effort into character animations this time.

And most importantly: BACKUPS!

So yes, here we go again. I hope to have it done, as close as possible, by August this year. Thanks for reading. Oh, and thanks Arjon! (below)

arj0n

!Good luck! this time Mods...

Igor Hardy

Wow! Great to hear that you were able to resurrect what you had.

And now this will be a game with some dramatic production history, which is always a cool bonus for the player. :)

m0ds

Quote from: Ascovel on Wed 02/03/2011 19:01:44
And now this will be a game with some dramatic production history, which is always a cool bonus for the player. :)

Cheers guys! Haha, true Igor! We live and learn I guess :)

Dualnames

Start working you foo!!! Or I'll release LANCE CASE 5 AND WIN ALL AWARDS FOR ETERNITY!!

On a serious note, I'm ultra-happy for you.  ;)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

JD

Good to hear this Mark, good luck with it :)

m0ds

Cheers Dicker, I can only hope you still have something going down with Mr Borg!

And cheers JimNames. LOIN CASS CAN SOCK MY DECK!

neon

Great, Mark, maybe you should look into this:

http://www.dropbox.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk