I forgot...

Started by LRH, Fri 14/01/2011 01:27:33

Previous topic - Next topic

LRH

"I forgot" is the story of Jeremy, a man who has lost his way. When he takes a secure job instead of following his dreams, Jeremy's past comes back to haunt him.

I won't say much for now.

david

nice Dom,

look forward to it  :)

Dualnames

Nice background style, Dom! Looking forward to it! Is there an estimated release date?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

LRH

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 14/01/2011 10:00:59
Nice background style, Dom! Looking forward to it! Is there an estimated release date?

Unfortunately I don't have one. It could be a while, I want to give it a lot of attention. :D

Zenger

Domithan, It's great that You're working on a new adventure, I really enjoyed Living Nightmare Deluxe and I really liked the story/setting and the way the story was told.

This story sound very interesting too, I'll keep an eye on this ;D

Kind regards

Pinback

Looking good, hella nice palette!

LRH

Zenger- Thank you! It's really nice to hear that someone likes my games so much!

Pinback- Thanks! Although I'm really just in 32-bit color, I'm kinda cheating :P

tzachs

I can definitely relate to the story here, I'm kinda in that position right now, but I'm working on it, so nothing haunts me anymore...
I enjoyed your previous games, so I know there is something to look forward here.

Pinback

Quote from: Domithan on Sat 15/01/2011 18:32:24

Pinback- Thanks! Although I'm really just in 32-bit color, I'm kinda cheating :P

The way I figure; If it looks good, and you put effort and thought into it- it doesn't matter what technical stuff is going on under the hood. Every magician has thier tricks.

xenogia

Domithian:  I have a proposition for you regarding your game.  MSN me when you get a chance.

matthewmcmurry

It's amazing how just lighting alone can get me excited for a game, but oh well, it works!  :P

Can't wait to see/hear more!

LRH

Here's a new screenshot. I don't want to give much away again, but Jeremy is dreaming at this point.

This game is going to be done soon[ish]. I would say you can expect it within a week or two.

SarahLiz

Great!  Looking forward to playing it!!!

Khris

I had to really shift the levels to be able to discern anything in these screenshots. I'm guessing you're on a flatscreen with its brightness cranked up all the way.

In objective terms, over 95% of the pixels in the last background have a lightness of less than 10 (out of 255). On my screen, the pictures are essentially black.

Then the last pic is doublesized and 720x457, I guess you took a windows screenshot at x2 and added black borders. You can press F12 during the game to create a screenshot and resize it by putting the width in the [img] tag when posting it here.

LRH

Quote from: Khris on Wed 09/03/2011 23:54:25
In objective terms, over 95% of the pixels in the last background have a lightness of less than 10 (out of 255). On my screen, the pictures are essentially black.

Hmm. I've tested it on a few different monitors for just that reason (don't ask me why but I've actually got 3 fairly different ones) and I really didn't have much of an issue on each. As you've said it does look best on the flat screen. It is supposed to be VERY dark, so I'd like to keep it as is. I think when it's played in full screen it's much easier to see things rather than when it's against this white background.

Dualnames

I'm quite fine with it's lightness (or lack off), I'm totally looking forward to this. It seems that by April, all my favorite AGS franchises will release a game.  :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Darth Mandarb

Congrats on finishing Dom!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk