The Rage of The Waters

Started by Vinnicius, Sat 11/09/2010 18:15:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinnicius

THE RAGE OF THE WATERS

Three brothers traveled to a small village in France named Viscos. Vinni, Leo and Lidi. They witnessed a robbery when they were coming back home. The thief stole the handbag of an old man who was waiting for the train. Vinni ran through the alleys of the village. He found the assailant dead on the ground. Someone had killed him and stolen the burglar. Through clues left by the killer Vinni and his two brothers enter in an adventure in search of a great mystery. Inspired by a book by Brazilian writer "Paulo Coelho".

DOWNLOAD: http://www.4shared.com/file/YrWnPS2d/viscos_game.html

Team:
Vinnicius Silva da Rosa - Story and Development.

Features
Resolution 800x600
More than 10 hours of gameplay
Speech
Original Music

Version
Portuguese
English
Spanish
French

Screenshots

Coming Soon 2011.

CaptainD

Impressive backgrounds, though I'm not quite sure how well the character sprites go with them (are they final versions?).  I look forward to this one's release.

Vinnicius

Hi!

I will improve some of the sprites and animations at the end. But the game is like the pictures show us. When I have decided to make "3d" backgrounds I was concerned about how the 2d character could match with the scenery. But it worked well.

I will be back soon with more pictures.

Vinnicius Silva
Guaratinguetá-SP (Brazil)

beomoud

This game sounds nice! I will definitely give it a try. I feel not many gamer around here appreciate that much the 3d graphics but if used right i think they give an impeccable understanding of the surroundings. I also find very interesting that you were inspired by a book of "Pablo Coelho". Best of luck with completing your game. If it really has that many hours of playability i would suggest you hurry and publish it, It's a shame when we see many ambitious long games being put aside due to life obligations. Best of luck!

Vinnicius

rbaleksandar

Just a small advice - try adding more things in the rooms. Not necessary things that you can interact with. For now they look way too empty. Especially the rooms from you last post.
I am a mighty pirate. Arrrrgh!

Vinnicius

Vinnicius

This is when the character wakes up in a strange place.

Vinnicius

Vinnicius

mode7

Some of the textures are very blurry - maybe you want to have a look at this site and replace them:
http://www.cgtextures.com/

Also the render quality is very low - which program are you using for it?

I know this is not the critics lounge, I'm just pointing this out, because these two things could be very easily improved

Other than that: I think the story seem interesting and some of the shots create a nice dark atmosphere. The Sprites also make a good impression.

Vinnicius

One more. :)

I will visit this website. Thanks.

Vinnicius

Vinnicius

Vinnicius

Calin Leafshade

Ha ha, It bothers me somewhat that all the characters in your game are white except the mugger guy with a knife who is a black guy.

Vinnicius

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk