Pirate Fry 2: The Hand of Anturus...

Started by Squinky, Thu 24/10/2002 06:27:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

SQUiNKY!1

Check your e-mail, bud. I just sent you the Top GUI with the "animated" buttons (mouse down). You'll get the options GUI soon...

Sorry it took so long, I kinda forgot  :-\

screenie:

Hope you like it.

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

RickJ

Snake, That looks absolutely superb!  

Quickstrike

I just urinated in my pants...That's so awesome
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Squinky

Quote from: Quikstrike89 on Fri 28/02/2003 23:06:57
I just urinated in my pants...That's so awesome
Join the club...
Snake, Rock on with your gui making self, I'll try and slap that in tonight. One thing I think I like so far (from just this, I can't access my e-mail fully at work) is the options area, thats just cool as crap...

Man, now I got nothing holding me back...

Snake

Squinkis, here's the other part (push buttons)...

All you have to do is save target as...

I saved 'em as PNG so both (teh new one here and the other one I already showed you) are JPG-crappiness-free...

--Snake

Gonzo

That GUI looks wonderful, you even went to the trouble of having the little man look like a cute little mini-Fry! You guys are teasing us now, my anticipation of the game just goes up and up, dunno if I can take much more of this! :)

Quickstrike

I'm going into withdrawal, just like in the ROtN forums!  
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Snake

Squinkermierweener, here's the Options GUI:

(save this one...or which ever one will work)
And here's a close-up of it:

I was thinking that you can put the sliders over to the right in that open space for Music, SFX, maybe game speed...blar blar...
1 suggestion:
There should also be a shortcut key to this GUI, like spacebar  or something...or at least a shortcut to the Inventory...

If you need or want anything changed, it'll be easy to fix since I made 2 versions (one without buttons)...

--EDIT--
I'm now starting on the custom text boxes...unless you prefer that stupid-looking white box ;)

It'll basically be the same outline as the blue bar that surrounds the GUI's above...or whatever you'd prefer.

--EDIT2--
Oh, hey, I know you probably already know, but just to make sure....
This GUI fills the screen, it'll go over the background, so make sure you turn the other GUI is off when this one is turned on...

--Snake

Quickstrike

I hate you, Snake...This torture has gone on long enough!  

Squinky

Hell yeah Snake, I got that stuff all slapped in the game, and as far as the text boxes, I'm with you on what you got planned....thanks again man...

Snake

Did you see the second edit?

--Snake

Squinky

Yeah, I just saw it, thanks man....I'll make sure and do that....

Snake

Cool.
When is the next beta coming, man? I can't wait to see the improvements ;D

*laughs and points at all the people who must wait for the final release*

;)
--Snake

Snake

Here we go, SQUiNKY:

It's very basic, but I think it fits well with the Pirate Fry theme...

NoTeS:
For the text color, I'm picturing either one of these; Yellow, Light Blue, Light Green, Black or White...whichever one you choose to go with is up to you anyway.
For the background color, all you have to do is match it up. I'd say a dark blue is in order (but lighter than the box's shadow) ;)
Um, you might find yourself testing it and see a gap somewhere or it is totally off...just reimport the screwed-up ones and try it again :)

Ah...I guess that's it for me, 'aint it? I got you the GUIs, the cursors, and the text box...now what? I'll tell you what, FiNiSH THe GaMe!!1

-btw, I liked your ideas for MW, I'll back to you soon...

--Snake

Squinky

Quote from: Snake on Mon 03/03/2003 00:51:09

Ah...I guess that's it for me, 'aint it? I got you the GUIs, the cursors, and the text box...now what? I'll tell you what, FiNiSH THe GaMe!!1

--Snake

Thats right, your debt to me is paid. And now for my final wish I shall free you from your lamp prison...
er...heh...

Thanks again man....I'll try this stuff out and get another beta up soon, this time I'll let the others beta too...
which I think was:
Snake
Trapezoid
quickstrike
Gonzo, if he's not busy with school...
and...I think Rickj?

If only I didn't have to work till next sunday! Blargh!

Trapezoid

Gonzo

Quote from: Squinky on Mon 03/03/2003 00:58:59
Thats right, your debt to me is paid. And now for my final wish I shall free you from your lamp prison...
er...heh...

Thanks again man....I'll try this stuff out and get another beta up soon, this time I'll let the others beta too...
which I think was:
Snake
Trapezoid
quickstrike
Gonzo, if he's not busy with school...
and...I think Rickj?

If only I didn't have to work till next sunday! Blargh!

Count me in Squinks, the pressure's off a little at school for the moment, so I should be able help with the beta testing...if you were planning on feedback through the IRC chat, I'll have to do it through forum PMs or e-mail instead, as my IRC has mysteriously stopped being able to connect. Don't know what you had in my mind, but I'd love to help out in any case...

agsking

Is it to late for another beta tester?
This is the game I'm waiting to play most, by far! :o
I love the new graphics style!
And snake, that is one cool GUI.

Quickstrike

Yay!  Quickstrike is BETA testing!  If only I, Quikstrike, were testing...

(j/k)  Many people make the mistake and I don't take offense to it.

RickJ

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk