The Genesis Gemini

Started by Dr Lecter, Mon 02/01/2006 18:18:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Lecter

The story is set in a unknown city, the main character is Steve Gordon. A regular guy until he recieves a phone call from someone who will only refer to himself as "The Programmer", he says that unless he does exactly as he says, everyone he knows and loves will die. As a demonstration of his power a man standing right next to our hero is shot by a Sniper.

It's not long before Steve realizes that these "missions" are not what they seem, almost like they are to test him, rather than to achieve certain goals. During one of these missions he meets a man (known only as M at this point) whom offers him an answer to why he was choosen to perform these tasks.

The has my resently posted shooting code... I have started programming the AI for shoot-outs.

It will hopefully be a mixture of shooting and adventure, mostly adventure but I've already planned about 3 or 4 gunfights in the game. The format is going to be abit like Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis... since there will be missions that you can complete using either guns, or other methods.

It may not sound all that funny, but it will be... I have a couple of screens below:

JRock

Sounds like "The Matrix" meets "Phone Booth", but interesting nonetheless.
Cant wait to play! ;)

ThreeOhFour

Guns + Insanely bright green floors = Yay.

Dr Lecter

I suppose it could be said that that is infact one room... just a different view of it... but meh, techincally its a different view...

ThreeOhFour

...so not all the rooms have bright green floors? Pity...

I'm interested in how you plan on doing the shooting thing - will it be real time, timed turn based, will the different guns have considerable different qualities (say the pistol shoots more accurately but has a slower rate of fire, the submachine gun shoots helluva faster but is way less accurate and the shotgun blast suckas with a 12" radius of spread but has the smallest magazine?) and will the player have a "health" bar/indicator/statistic?

Dr Lecter

I don't really want to bars in, since in real life you wouldnt be able to check your hp... I was thinking that maybe as you take damage the screen tints more and more red untill your screen is totally red. Obviously giving you a disadvantage in gunbattles because you've been hit, just as it would in real life. I've already posted a Weapons script and demo in the "Using AGS", I'll probably add more shotgun shrapnel and make it less accurate, make the pistol more accurate, and the machine gun is awesome once you add recoil...

ManicMatt

Cool a sort of punisher t-shirt! And I dig the barkeep's hair! I have my doubts about the shooting sections, prove me wrong and make sure they are fun!  :)

Dr Lecter

Incase anyone hasn't read my post in MAGS which I made a while ago, I haven't worked on the game for about 2-3 weeks nowm should ressume work either next Tuesday or the following weekend. I hope to have the game released before the end of May, perferably sooner, but no doubt later. Mostly because I want to enter a MAGS at somepoint.

Dr Lecter

Back in production.

Here's a few sprites, since these graphics are so new they aren't even imported yet.

Sean

Odd graphical style, seems you found a use for the 'technological acheivement' that is your FPS script finally  ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk