Resonance

Started by Vince Twelve, Fri 04/04/2008 13:12:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

There could literally be hundreds of special thanks for a dollar donation.  Talk about padding the credits!

Vince Twelve

I would love to have hundreds of people donate a dollar (though only one person has gone with $1, most go for the $15 preorder)!  Besides, there would only be six people in the credits without them.  Kind of sparse, yes?  ;D

Nikolas

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Thu 17/09/2009 14:14:28
Besides, there would only be six people in the credits without them.  Kind of sparse, yes?  ;D
You could always reuse the six people's names:

Coding: Vince XII
Idea: Vince XII
Production: Vince XII
Conception: Vince XII
Dialogues: Yes, AND Vince XII
Whip handling for bored team members: Vince XII of course!

And so on...  :=

Ok, boss. I'm off to my studio now. Sorry for being let out!

Joseph DiPerla

Vince, does the money taken out of the our pledge come out now? Because If I added more later, I dont want it all to come out at the same time unexpectedly.  But a little at a time works ok for me.

EDIT:

Can we add one more incentive to the list? Anyone who pledges $20 gets a walkthrough instantly with the game.
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

Vince Twelve

Hmmm.  As I understand it, nothing comes out of your card until the period ends.  So, if you pledge 15 now, and then increase it to 35 later, then all 35 will come out of your account on November 1st.  I think you just have to plan ahead for all the money to come out at once.  Sorry!

Chicky

Vince, good job raising all that money! I'm sure you'll walk the indie festival ;)

The game looks great, well done to everyone involved.

Minimi

At the moment I'm alittle low on money, but if things go well in the coming month, i might pledge $250, i would love to have a character based on me in the game! :D
Otherwise I'll pledge $35.

Gl on the game!

m0ds

Is it possible to send you a pledge via PayPal instead, Vince?

Joe

Hey would you be interested in a spanish translation of your game (RESONANCE)?
(I'd do it totally free)

Joe
Copinstar © Oficial Site

Vince Twelve

I thought I posted a reply, but now it's gone.  Damn forum elves.

Chicky, thanks!  I hope Res can snag a nomination, but I'm not sure what kind of a chance a traditional-ish P&C has at IGF.  We'll see!

Minimi: Wow, thanks!  Don't stretch yourself too thin, though!  Every little bit helps!

Mods: I don't at the moment, but I'll let you know if I try that out sometime.

Joe: PMed

Thanks everyone for the support with this!  These donations help me keep up the high quality, and perhaps more importantly, help speed things up since I don't have to wait for a couple pay checks to come in before I can afford the next batch of backgrounds, etc.  I'm totally floored by the response so far!

Snarky

I think you should take all the money and blow it on a pointless-but-expensive feature, like hiring some semi-famous actor to voice just the title screen (Alexis Denisof: "New Game... Load Game... Quit"). That way we'll know what our money went to, and we can sit moving the mouse cursor over each menu item in turn, savoring our investment.

Disco

Quote from: Snarky on Wed 23/09/2009 00:51:56
I think you should take all the money and blow it on a pointless-but-expensive feature, like hiring some semi-famous actor to voice just the title screen (Alexis Denisof: "New Game... Load Game... Quit"). That way we'll know what our money went to, and we can sit moving the mouse cursor over each menu item in turn, savoring our investment.

I would support that, as long as it was in his inimitable Wesley voice :P

Fundraising seems to have had quite the b00m since the last time I checked the page. I'm hoping that with each expansion there is a corresponding contraction between now and the release!

Vince Twelve

Having never really watched Buffy, I don't know what he sounds like.  But I'll attempt to make that happen. :P

Yeah, yesterday one guy swooped in and donated $500, nearly doubling the donations so far.  I about fell over when I woke up to see that.

And yeah, there will be some hastening of the release due to the extra funds.  I won't have to wait a few paychecks before ordering the next batch of backgrounds etc., which means less programmer art, which means increased implementation speed.  Plus, all these donations are very motivating!  My late-night working sessions have been getting longer ever since I started my Kickstarter page!

Nikolas

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Wed 23/09/2009 05:24:47
My late-night working sessions have been getting longer ever since I started my Kickstarter page!
What a coincidence... So have mine, but for different reasons (whips and blackmails anyone? ;D ;D)

Vince Twelve

Quiet you!  Or I'll send these pictures to your wife!  Whpish!

Dualnames

If anyone's interested on this, but there's a sort of revealing Interview I've had with Vince here (he hasn't paid me yet, but he will  :D), so check it out on the blog

http://ags-ssh.blogspot.com/2009/09/interview-part-2-resonance.html
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

markbilly

Great interview, I really enjoyed it!

They were both good, actually. Are you doing any more and who with? :)

Dualnames

Quote from: markbilly on Thu 24/09/2009 13:43:10
Great interview, I really enjoyed it!

They were both good, actually. Are you doing any more and who with? :)

Off-topic, yes, I will interview more AGS folks. I'm out of clues with who's supposed to be second..but no wait..I think I do have a clue.. ;)(If I can't walk what am I?)
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

markbilly

Quote from: Dualnames on Thu 24/09/2009 13:57:56
Off-topic, yes, I will interview more AGS folks. I'm out of clues with who's supposed to be second..but no wait..I think I do have a clue.. ;)(If I can't walk what am I?)

I'm a little confused! :D Glad you are doing more, though!

And to get this back on-topic: Resonance looks incredible! I'm really excited by the attention to detail in the interface, etc. Also, I love sci-fi particle physics stories, they take my mind off the real stuff! :D

Really hope you get some money raised too, that should give the project another boost! And it'll get to us all that little bit quicker!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk