The Trial -Update (16/10/04)

Started by Sam., Mon 14/06/2004 17:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam.

You play detective Dirk Sullivan , a witness for the trial of a famous popstashot to fame by a tv reality talent show. During the first day she is found murdered in her hlding cell. Nobody outside the court could have murdered her so the courtrooms are locked down. As the only detective present it is oyur job to solve the case before the murderer strikes again...

Cast:
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, Dirk Sullivan - Dave Gilbert
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, Lizzie Kasper - Azure
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, Murderer - ScottDoom
Music By ProgZMax

Flash Trailer (copy and paste the link ;) )
http://www.freewebs.com/zootyfruit/trial.swf

Dirk

The Crime Scene

Outisde Dirks Apartment
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Vel

Looks and sounds great, can't wait to play that title.

[Cameron]

Yay! You used the name i gave you. ;D ;D ;D

What was that? You think i should be in the credits for that. What a great idea. ;D

Sam.

Skio

Really good graphics, man. Really good.
Procced. You have our full support.
Î'νδρων Επιφανων Πασα Î"η ΤαφοÏ,

Darth Mandarb

Quick Crit: The red carpet in the first pic ... the perspective is off.Ã,  It should be wider at the bottom!!

Other than that, as I said in the CL, off to a great start.Ã,  Hope you have the will to finish it ;)

switcharoo

Talking of perspective, Dirk's room and the items in it (table, safe) don't look quite in perspective.

But I really like the look of the game so far, it reminds me of a game a played abour 6 or 7 years ago but I can't remember what it was - that's a compliment not a crit by the wayÃ,  ;)

Mephistophilis

Looking really Good,Very cool teaser,The graphics are great but the bottom  of the Chair does look a bit off.
Sign Here           Mephistophilis

sergiocornaga

Looks good, but *cough* the table in the second pic only has 3 legs *cough*

Sam.

lol. thanks fro all the crits. (bit late now, all been put in CL and no-one has sed nething but better late then never ;) ) that table, it only needs three legs, its a space table.  what do you guys think to this idea for a demo. i don't want to give the storyline away but want to show you what the game is like.
i will make a whole new case for dirk, only a one room game, like in Johnothan creek (on GB tv), solve the murder in a room. There is no way in and no way out. but the victim has not been moved, how did it happen? it will show the style of the game without giving any story away

Mephistophilis

Ah Sounds Cool!
My annoyances with Later Creek Mysteries are tthat the Solution is Sometimes Most stupidly Contrived.... Don't make it so.

switcharoo

Quote from: Mephistophilis on Thu 17/06/2004 19:57:52
My annoyances with Later Creek Mysteries are tthat the Solution is Sometimes Most stupidly Contrived.... Don't make it so.

Couldn't agree more, the writers must have run out of decent ideas a long time ago.

As long as you have a decent plot/mystery (if you already have one) or you come up with one it'll be a good game me thinks.

Iwan

Cool looking game :). Hope you'll finish it,

I love the first bg. Maybe you could improve the 2nd one to be as good as the first.

Good Luck!

Iwan

Sam.

I am making the demo at the moment and I am looking to release a talkie version of it to see what the reaction to it is. I need:
= A deep male american voice, preferably New york accent.
= A Hippy  American female voice. not so much smacked but just dreamy.
= A gruff "violent voice befitting of a murderer. must also be american accent.

Batgirl1979

Quote from: dg on Thu 17/06/2004 21:54:25
Quote from: Mephistophilis on Thu 17/06/2004 19:57:52

Couldn't agree more, the writers must have run out of decent ideas a long time ago.

As long as you have a decent plot/mystery (if you already have one) or you come up with one it'll be a good game me thinks.

Hi, sorry this has nothing to do with this game which by the way looks great and the demo idea is good.
My question is I have never played these Creek Mysteries and would like to, does anyone have a link?

Thanks, B.
A witty saying proves nothing~Voltaire

[Cameron]

Johnathan Creek is a show on TV.
QuoteAh Sounds Cool!
What the hell was with the one were there Davey Crockett hat was actually hair, that was crap.

Mephistophilis

Off topic - but It evil Murderess chick Stangles People with Piano Wire she has her hair up so the Shadows Look Remotley like the wierd Hats (Davey Crockett). evil polive Guy crushes Police chicks Lungs with modified body armour in an inecsapable room with no one inside and pretends it's the Murder

Sam.

QuoteMy question is I have never played these Creek Mysteries and would like to, does anyone have a link?
sorry for any confusion.  ;)Johnotahn creek was a tv show on british television. it was about a guy solving obscure murder cases. the later series' were poorly thought out and rushed but some of the early mysteries were good.
(did anyone see the one where the woman ate an incan artefact. I mean come on)

[Cameron]

I really liked the stolen painting one as when thought about it actually made perfect sence and the spam sandwich clue was great.

Sam.

I now have two of the three actors I need for my demo. All I need now is a gruff american, new york accent male. He will be my main character and will also be needed for the full game.
PM me if inerested

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk