Wretcher (Updates on the website)

Started by Alan v.Drake, Thu 22/04/2010 23:38:28

Previous topic - Next topic

R4L

Quote from: splat44 on Tue 07/02/2012 03:33:56
Wow what a major improvements from first demo built!

Just a question, I managed putting two red orbs on door, is that end of this demo?

If not, can anyone explain?

Yeah, that's the end of the demo.

Alan, you have a masterpiece here. The graphics are perfect and the mood was immediately set.

My biggest scare:

Spoiler
The mass of things that suddenly appeared when I got the second red orb. That freaked me the hell out and I honestly panicked and quickly drew the amber orb from my inventory.
[close]

Alan v.Drake

Yes, that was the end of the gameplay demo. I'm glad it's receiving positive feedback, I still have many backgrounds to draw to finish the first part of the demo, perhaps i should follow my earlier resolutions and work with placeholders graphics.
Anyway thanks to the fact that i added extended ascii custom font support to ags, future translations won't have to use lame ttf fonts, it's way too hard to make one look right on low res.

- Alan

splat44

it's fun game Alan v.Drake!

I found following bugs:
Spoiler
Key at starting game seem to be swtiching locations after each game restarting, eample: garbage bin and Desk
[close]

This might not be a problem but you might to correct this just in case!

Alan v.Drake

Quote from: splat44 on Thu 09/02/2012 09:48:37
it's fun game Alan v.Drake!

I found following bugs:
Spoiler
Key at starting game seem to be swtiching locations after each game restarting, eample: garbage bin and Desk
[close]

This might not be a problem but you might to correct this just in case!

I wanted to make things a little more random, it' not a bug.

- Alan

ericfoot

So just a question about the new room. Does "the thing" in it do anything after it starts staring at your character? like kill you... D:

Alan v.Drake

Quote from: ericfoot on Wed 15/02/2012 05:46:03
So just a question about the new room. Does "the thing" in it do anything after it starts staring at your character? like kill you... D:

Nope, it's just psychological warfare.

- Alan

Digital Mosaic Games

Will the game take place in the universe of HP Lovecraft(Cthulhu, occult stuff etc.)? Because I read R'lhe(or sth) in one of your screenshots.
By the way: I'm a big Lovecraft-Fan.

Alan v.Drake

Quote from: NEON-GAMES on Thu 23/02/2012 22:15:43
Will the game take place in the universe of HP Lovecraft(Cthulhu, occult stuff etc.)? Because I read R'lhe(or sth) in one of your screenshots.
By the way: I'm a big Lovecraft-Fan.

Sadly, no. It was just random content to test the books. But in a way it is, after all any world with nightmarish monsters and whatnot is considered Lovecraftian, isn't it ?

Cthulhu fhtagn!

- Alan

edit: spelling!

Alan v.Drake

Hark, people! The new website is finally operative, now I can go back at drawing backgrounds and stuff.

- Alan

selmiak

wow, looking great. The only thing that's a bit annoying to my eyes is the green paper over the mostly red background. And I was so tempted to not post this last sentence to not distract you even a little bit from finishing wretcher ;)

Construed

Not bad old chap, not bad at all.
:D
I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes.
Then I met the man with no feet.

Alan v.Drake

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 06/03/2012 21:54:22
wow, looking great. The only thing that's a bit annoying to my eyes is the green paper over the mostly red background. And I was so tempted to not post this last sentence to not distract you even a little bit from finishing wretcher ;)

Now that you mention it... hnng, check the alternate stylesheet (if you use firefox)

- Alan

asboxxx

this game atmosphere is just simply fantastic..i can't wait to see it finished but, ehy.. don't rush anything and take your time!

in an older demo.. ***spoilers***

when that photo turned "evil" i crapped myself..can you post a screenshot of that moment?

Alan v.Drake

Quote from: asboxxx on Thu 03/05/2012 18:04:55
this game atmosphere is just simply fantastic..i can't wait to see it finished but, ehy.. don't rush anything and take your time!
Thank you,  don't worry I'm so slow I wouldn't even be capable of rushing things.

Quote from: asboxxx on Thu 03/05/2012 18:04:55
when that photo turned "evil" i crapped myself..can you post a screenshot of that moment?

You'll have to wait for the new revised version with better photo, I have learned a great deal since then :P

- Alan

CosmoQueen

.................................this game scares me :shocked: lol
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

fózi

Hey! Just tested the demo, loved the style and atmosphere, very promising.

Some feedback:
-Mouse buttons are usually way more fragile than the keyboard and break easier, so, if you are going to add some frenetic button-press action, it'd be nice to be able to map it to a key.
-Adjusting the gamma seems to have no effect.
-Some hot-spot single pixel in the cursor would be nice.
-Sound FX and graphics are sweet!

Alan v.Drake

Quote from: CosmoQueen on Sun 20/05/2012 12:57:55
.................................this game scares me :shocked: lol
That means I've done something right :D

Quote from: fózi on Mon 28/05/2012 06:03:29
-Mouse buttons are usually way more fragile than the keyboard and break easier, so, if you are going to add some frenetic button-press action, it'd be nice to be able to map it to a key.
I will consider it (although, I have never seen someone break a mouse button).

-Adjusting the gamma seems to have no effect.
It didn't work before while in windowed mode, but now I have found a way to make it work.

-Some hot-spot single pixel in the cursor would be nice.
Hmmm

-Sound FX and graphics are sweet!
Thank you

- Alan

JJS

This popped into my Youtube feed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtNbr3FVulQ It's a nice playthrough of the demo.

Also... I am excited... for this game... You really... captured the essence... of Clock Tower...

Looking forward to the final game!
Ask me about AGS on PSP, Android and iOS! Source, Daily builds

Alan v.Drake

Thank you JJS.

Here's a little treat, the progress of a room I'm drawing:

I've used sketchup to speed up the process of drawing stuff in perspective, then applied the basic colors and started detailing. Just a little more work now...

- Alan

WHAM

I still can't get over how detailed the backgrounds are, and I must say I approve of the SketchUp method, since I sometimes use it myself.
I think I've said it before, but it bears repeating: can't wait to play the full game.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk