Change game Name

Started by Sam., Mon 12/07/2004 21:49:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam.

Short quesiton. I am working on my game game and have recently chnaged the title. unfortunatley I saved it under the old title and therefore it is innappropriate (sp) Is there a way to change the games name on the exe file. I tried renaming it but it affects the win setup file.

thanmks for your help (in advance)
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Akumayo

#1.  Back a backup of all your game files and strore them somewhere

#2.  Go to the backup game files

#3.  Delete the .exe file

#4.  Go to the game editor and open your game

#5.  Change the game name to the one you want with the General Settings section

#6.  Click on "Test Game", this should create and save a new .exe file with the new title

(If this somehow crashes your editor and won't create a new .exe file, you have a backup ;D :P )

-Good Luck
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

Sam.

that doesn't work I'm afraid it just comes up with the old title anyone else able to help?
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Barbarian

Yes, I had that same problem before, but it's a rather easy fix actually.
Basically what I ended up doing was to Rename the main folder in which all of the working files are saved (don't rename the "Compiled" folder though).

So, if, for example, your game's files are stored in a folder called "Mygame", then when you save a game from AGS, inside the Compiled folder it will make a "Mygame.exe" file.

However, change the main folder to your new name, as example "Newgame", and when you load in your game file into the AGS editor, then Save it, automatically it will make your game's file name as "Newgame.exe" and the Setup should automatically be set to the new name file.

One other thing to note though (still using my above examples) is that your old file of the old name "Mygame.exe" will still be in the compiled folder untill you delete it.

Okay, give it a try and see if it works.
:)
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk