[SOLVED] super tiny inventory item sprites, why and can i restore them?

Started by Blano, Thu 27/08/2020 18:36:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Blano

hi, i'm really new to Ags and i cannot figure why my items sprite are soooooo little (like 6x6 px).. ant idea why, how can i set a major size?
if i open another project they seems to be the right size.. do you think it's caused by some module and/or setting? let me know!

Crimson Wizard

Are they shown too small in the editor, in game, or both? What is the actual sprite size and what's your game resolution?

(You can check imported sprite's size if you select it in the sprite manager and read the properties)

Blano

They're small just in the items editor, i cant set the right hotspot on them

edit:
they're about 70x70, checked in the sprite editor and nothing seems wrong!

i'm working on high-res game so i'ts 1920x1080

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Blano on Thu 27/08/2020 19:48:28
They're small just in the items editor, i cant set the right hotspot on them

This sounds like a bug we found a while ago, can you try installing the most recent patch: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=58350.0

Oops sorry, nevermind, that problem was in low-res games, not high res.

Blano

hi Crimson Wizard!

the problem seems to be in the resolution, i tried starting a new project, the default cup and key ar ok, when i change resolution are smaller, when i import the new graphic it's a 6x6 px again... maybe the sprite resolution? i'll give a try

edit

ok i think it's because the inventory item editor has an amount of pxs that are scaled when i set a hi res..(hope to be understandable)

Crimson Wizard

Which version of AGS are you using exactly? This may be found in Help->About dialog. I'll try to test how it works too.

Crimson Wizard

I see now, for some reason the inventory item preview is scaled down to the size of the original sprite, which could be much smaller. I will look to fix this in next patch.

Meanwhile, it should be possible to set hotspot coordinates directly by editing properties HotspotX and HotspotY.

Blano

Crimson Wizard

An update, apparently CursorImage and Image references were messed in this editor, so it may sometimes use CursorImage's size when drawing Image, and Image's size when drawing CursorImage. Try reassigning them both to your item to achieve a "fix".

Blano

YES!!!!! IT WORKS!! Thank you again! i really appreciate your help!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk