Background Blitz - Nov 28 to Dec 18 - Ice! Winner Announced

Started by ThreeOhFour, Wed 28/11/2012 10:09:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilyich

Great entries all round!

Idea:  Misj'
- because there seems to be one. :) Also, there are clear hints at some kind of story behind this background and it's not the first image that comes to mind when I think "Ice".
Atmosphere:  nihilyst
- it's so coherent and precise in it's snowiness that it creates a very dense and particular atmosphere.
Design:  Anian
- this is a tough category - Misj' always puts a great deal of thought into his designs and I just love the way he's done the fire and the carpet on this one, but I feel that Anian was more succesful at creating a more uniform and unique style.
Composition:  Anian
- again, really hard to choose between Misj' and Anian (and nihilyst). Misj''s entry has a nice interplay between warm and cold, nihilyst's is very solid and reliable, but Anian's, because of it's simplicity, is by far the most precise and easy to read.
Functionality:  Misj'
- this is an easy one - loads of stuff to look at and interact with, plenty of possibilities for puzzles, a story to piece together and a cat. What's more functional than that? :)
Technique: Anian
- no idea which one to choose here, so I just picked the one I like the best. :)

Shame that I didn't find a category to vote for icey - it's a nice entry, but it's not quite on par with the rest of them and could've used some more work. :)

ThreeOhFour

An extremely close voting tally has been counted (although it appear Misj' forgot to nominate a candidate for "idea") and Anian is revealed as our winner!

Congratulations to everybody for putting in a lovely set of entries for the last BG Blitz of the year.

Take it away, Anian!

Icey

Thanks Misj' and Ilyich :)

It was fun XD, maybe next time.

Anian

Wow, really though Misj' was gonna take this one. Thanks for the votes people.
I'll get my thinking cap on and think of something for the next BB.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Misj'

Congrats Anian

Quote from: Anian on Fri 28/12/2012 11:42:19Wow, really though Misj' was gonna take this one.
But you didn't give me enough votes (shame on you ;) )

Besides...no one wants me to enter the 3x winner hall-of-fame when running unopposed twice (although that was kind of my tactic ;D )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk