Afrika Korps - A community roleplaying adventure in 1942

Started by WHAM, Sat 06/10/2012 10:09:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Frodo

Quote from: Ponch on Mon 22/10/2012 00:35:58
Quote from: Frodo on Sun 21/10/2012 23:57:05I was just trying to get the place up and running, and restore power.
No more excuses from you! Get your butt in the writing competition thread and give us a scary story to make up for ending the last forum game.  8-)

I could write a scary story about a talking cow-ghost   :=

Ponch

Quote from: Frodo on Mon 22/10/2012 00:51:28
I could write a scary story about a talking cow-ghost   :=

Wonderful. You can submit that story at the link below. In the meantime, please don't get this new character killed.  ;)

WHAM

> Examine maps

You examine the maps laid out around the table. Most of the maps are military ones, depicting the surrounding area in general and at varying degrees of scale. There are very few markings on any of the maps, as you know the Unterfeldwebel in charge of your expedition carries the most valuable maps in his personal map-pouch. You can tell that you are currently over 70 kilometers away from the nearest settlement, which is situated far north-east. Your camp is nestled just north of a small desert oasis, which has been marked in at least one of the maps. To the west, though not marked on the map, is the archaeological dig, and some 35 kilometers to the east is the nearest field HQ. Other than these and aside the occasional rock formation jutting out of the sand dunes, or the distant mountains to the far south, there is little to see in the surrounding desert.

You don't think the maps will be of much use to you, especially with so little landmarks to navigate by. You already remember all there is to see anywhere nearby and you know the way to the field HQ and back fairly well.

[Ponch, that image is AWESOME! :D]
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

Crimson Wizard

Sorry, are those papers on table a different entity from "maps"? In which case -
> Examine the papers on table.

WHAM

Objects on & around the table:
REPORTS (Papers will do too)
MAPS (which were just examined)

New update later today.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

WHAM

> Examine the papers on table

You take a look at the papers on the table. You recall seeing most of them before, or at least ones similiar to these. Most are daily or weekly reports on the dig, consisting of terse notifications of the slow progress and confirmations of the camp personnel numbers so that the nearest field HQ can send out adequate supplies. One report catches your eye, having been set apart from the others. You haven't read this one before, as the Unterfeldwebel in charge of the expedition chose to make radio that report in personally.

It is dated just a week before, and details the uncovering of an entrance to an underground structure by the resident archaeologists. The discovery was quite a morale boost after months of sifting through sand and you clearly recall the celebrations, despite some haziness that may or may not be due to the alcohol that was imbued that night. You read on, as the report begins to detail some of the carvings on the stone slabs, as well as some estimations to the age of the structure made by the archaeologists. At the bottom of the paper is a hand-written note: "HQ requests exped. int. investigation".

selmiak

> take off hat and put it into backpack

I have a very bad feeling when wearing that hat...

KodiakBehr

Baron

>Get Flag

I know, I know.... it's a little distasteful to carry around, but you have to think of it from a utilitarian perspective:  it could be used to bandage wounds, or as a parasol under the hot desert sun, or as a chic bath towel down at the oasis. Plus, anything that makes the lamp lonelier can only be a good thing.

Ponch

Quote from: Baron on Wed 24/10/2012 02:22:09
anything that makes the lamp lonelier can only be a good thing.

And tempt the wrath of the lamp? Haven't we already (possibly, I can't be sure) established that the lamp is haunted?

Also, any staff in the tent is probably too tall. I suspect we've been digging in the wrong place.

Fred7162

Quote from: Baron on Wed 24/10/2012 02:22:09
>Get Flag

I know, I know.... it's a little distasteful to carry around, but you have to think of it from a utilitarian perspective:  it could be used to bandage wounds, or as a parasol under the hot desert sun, or as a chic bath towel down at the oasis. Plus, anything that makes the lamp lonelier can only be a good thing.

+1 I agree the flag could be useful. But I think we should start heading for the dig site(I really wanna know what's there).

miguel

I believe that the worse possible scenario would be to cover the lamp with the flag, and that's what the evil spirit that resides in the lamp is trying to accomplish.
Imagine...the horror...the horror...a nazi flag conceiving the evil lamp...
the horror...
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Lt. Smash

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 23/10/2012 17:38:22

+1

Eric

I'm going to -1 this one, if that's possible, because of #1 on this list. Remember that WHAM has no qualms about us killing ourselves off.

NightHawk

instead
>remove the rank from the hat and pocket it for later.

Tabata

So do I - because of the rank-sign - it might get us in trouble.

But since we are in need of a hat while walking around outside

(and we hopefully are going to walk outside soon) ...

Quote from: NightHawk on Wed 24/10/2012 17:02:26
instead

... I fully agree with this two points to wear the hat just without the rank sign.

and another + 1
... for taking the flag with us. It's a useful item for a lot of different application possibilities.  (nod)

Lt. Smash

Quote from: NightHawk on Wed 24/10/2012 17:02:26
instead
I totally understand.
So I -1 my +1 and -1 selmiaks command. Finally +1 for NightHawk's command. Everything clear?? (wtf)

WHAM

> Remove the rank from the hat and pocket it for later.

You check the field cap for ranking insignia, but find none attached.
The only bit that stands out is the non-decorated pair of buttons on the front.

You examine the cap closer, and discover it is a completely ordinary field cap issued to officers, vehicle crews and some infantry as well. As a matter of fact, you recall having a very similiar cap at one point yourself. You think you managed to lose it somewhere on the ship as you were being shipped out of Italy.

It's still a pretty nice cap, though.

Crimson Wizard

> Walk outside and enter tent number III
camp tent III is for storing and studying objects from the archeological dig

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk