I like that :).

Corey

the smell of his belly must be his worsed weapon  :P
Greatest thrill
Not to kill
But to have the prize of the night
Hypocrite
Wannabe friend
13th disciple who betrayed me for nothing!

big brother

And... time's up! Wow, it's great to see the contest generated so many entries. So many entries I will have to write two things about. Damn you people.

kec. Don't get near this half-humanoid. That arm/gun attachment must be new, because after shooting his own arm, he's blowing holes in the ground. Perhaps digging a grave the hard way?
THE GOOD. His expression is classic. I dig the whole “I can't cry, I'm a badass, but this hurts like a bitch on crank.”
THE BAD. The shading is too subtle, especially for the harsh black outlines.

_RyRayer_ Here's another guy that seems to have hurt himself. This time it looks like a cut, perhaps a shaving mishap.
THE GOOD. That silky hair. He's like a brunette Fabio.
THE BAD. He's flatter than a Manet painting.

Tuomas This one reminds me of something I found in the vegetable garden the other day. I was lucky I didn't lose a hand. It might be nice to see this one actually firing a cannonball.
THE GOOD. Original idea, I like the non-humanoid twist.
THE BAD. Too many extras. The spear and knife don't seem to match. Those wheels need work, too.

Inkoddi This guy reminds me a movie I saw a while back. They had these glowing sword things. It was a novelty, but it didn't prevent the movie from sucking llama balls.
THE GOOD. He/she/it would be easy to animate.
THE BAD. If you're going for a simple style, maybe get rid of that AA. Also, it has no teeth to be armed to.

Yakspit Definitely a needed entity. Something that will murder annoying Japanese franchise animals.
THE GOOD. Camouflage!
THE BAD. Thick outlines.

Stefano I laugh every time I see this piece. The expression, the size of the weapons, everything about this pic is priceless!
THE GOOD. Oh, man. I wouldn't even know where to start.
THE BAD. Stefano is a raging lesbian.

Fawfulhasfury Reminiscent of a cross between Tom (from Tom and Jerry) and Tails (from that hedgehog game for the SEGA).
THE GOOD. An action pose with foreshortening.
THE BAD. Pillow shading, overly saturated colors. I'm not sure what's in his right paw either. Looks like a medieval helmet with three huge piano keys sticking out of it.

Haddas An alien with weapons. I will have to think about that one. I think it might have been done before in an old game. I'll have to check.
THE GOOD. His hair reminds me of Pib's.
THE BAD. AA on the outside of the border. Sketchy outlines.

King Nipper This one is hilarious! Just the idea of having a soft drink named “Sprite!” Oh man, you should go into business. I'm sure pixel artists everywhere would drink that stuff if you made it.
THE GOOD. Great idea for a soft drink.
THE BAD. I'm not too sure about the arms on the sides of the can. Some people might find it disconcerting to drink from something with arms.

SpacePirateCaine I like the character concept. Looks like something straight out of a Japanese fighting game.
THE GOOD. Badass concept, solid pixel work.
THE BAD. More contrast would be nice. Also, his legs look flat.

ProgZmax This character is sweet. You should totally turn him into a comic book character. I bet you could sell tons of copies worldwide. Especially in France.
THE GOOD. Clean and classic.
THE BAD. Double pixels, inconsistent AA, no black outline on his pants.

Floskfinger Here's another brunette version of Fabio. Albeit a little older, and wearing some armor. It's amazing what sun damage will do to human skin.
THE GOOD. The texturing on the armor makes it look battle worn. Or like stone. And stone armor sure is badass.
THE BAD. You know you've been staring at the monitor too long when you think a sprite just blinked at you.

Krysis It looks like Jason grew a belly as the result of his cupcake addiction. After  joining a gay pride parade, painted his mask orange and upgraded his machete to a shotgun and a missile.
THE GOOD. A cute version of Jason. Awwww.
THE BAD. You know you need to wrap it up when another sprite starts blinking at you.

To make a long story short, Stefano's guinea pig murders all the other entries, with ammo left over. Congratulations, Stefano, you're a killer. Hope you're happy. Please make the next competition way cooler than this one.

The end.
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

IM NOT TEH SPAM

Good choice... the second I saw that guinea pig I said to myself, "If i enter, I'll lose.  HEY PORK-WAD, MAKE ME A SPRITE!!" :D
APPARENTLY IM ON A "TROLLING SPREE"

Stefano

Quote from: big brother on Sat 17/09/2005 20:38:02
To make a long story short, Stefano's guinea pig murders all the other entries, with ammo left over. Congratulations, Stefano, you're a killer. Hope you're happy. Please make the next competition way cooler than this one.

Yay! I won!
Thank you very much for your kind words, Big Brother. I thought the "enraged lesbian" bit to be of a great contribution for my self-understanding.  ;D

If it wasn't for my sponsors, blah, blah, blah, I want to thank my peg-legged third wife for supporting me, blah blah, specially the rodent's military headquarters, blah, blah, no guinea pig was harmed during the creation of this sprite.

I'll be posting the new Sprite Jam soon...

Cheers,
Enraged Lesbian (hahahaha! liked it).
Trying to make my first AGS game.

TheYak

Congratulations.  I saw the sprite and immediately liked mine half as much.  Superb work for a great character.  It's got so much personality, I can easily envision it animated (despite the bitch that the dithering would be). 

Many excellent entries, it's been a sprite jam to follow.  Great topic, BB.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk