Sprite Jam: ALTERNATE UNIVERSE! 12-8 to 12-21 - WINNER!

Started by Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens, Wed 08/12/2010 19:24:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Armageddon

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Here's a little something I threw together to inspire some more entries:

Introducing, from American Technos, 1990's killer hit:

THE SECRET OF MONKEY ISLAND

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: ProgZmax on Thu 16/12/2010 01:37:10

I must say: BARF!

arj0n

cat

Too bad, ProgZmax, I can't see your pictures  :( but I also don't see your avatar...

mode7

Quote from: ProgZmax on Thu 16/12/2010 01:37:10
Here's a little something I threw together to inspire some more entries:

That would've been awesome - RCR is one of my favourite nes games.
Nice work here - it's really convincing.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

You must have photobucket blocked somehow, cat.  If you have adblock or something like that you may have accidentally blocked them.

Dualnames

Quote from: cat on Thu 16/12/2010 15:18:12
Too bad, ProgZmax, I can't see your pictures  :( but I also don't see your avatar...

You're missing out!!Great non-entry ProgZ!  :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Armageddon

Can I get an extension to Sunday or Monday? I'm really busy these next two days and can't finish my entry. :(

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Extension: Granted.  The new date is 12-20.

Armageddon

I'm so close to being done, can I just have one more day? ???

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Well, when you asked for a day I gave you 3, so you actually owe me one!

I'll decide on the entries tomorrow, so if you're still not finished then show what you've got done anyway.

Armageddon

Game: The Secret of Monkey Island
Developer: Sierra Entertainment
System: Amiga 1000
Year: 1987
Resolution: 320 x 200
Palette: 32 colors

Features:

-Guybrush Threepwood looks like, Larry, Sonny, Roger, or Graham.
-Non-scrolling backgrounds!
-Become a pirate!
-Drink Grogg!
-Sword fights!
-Sound!

I suck at drawing, sorry about making you wait so long. :'(

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Haha, neat!

Okay kids, it is time to choose a winner!

First, I was impressed by how much effort theo took to mimic the style of kemco, but then I was equally impressed by Gilbet's actual nes rom of Loom!

However, the entry that stood out most to me was Pinback's adaptation of Pathologic, which was rendered nicely to the gameboy format!  

Pinback wins!

Pinback

I think we all had a lot of fun with this comp (I know I did) all the entries are just fantastic, unique, and charming to the last.
For myself it was a great chance to lose my dirty tools and do some old school pixellation for a change, which was a real blast- so thanks ProgZmax for a great round.

Dualnames

Having the possibly worst entry, I can say it was really fun making it. I totally enjoyed myself there. :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Pinback

Gilbert

Congratulations Pinback!

BTW For those who are interested, I've put up an update of the proof a few days ago, which includes more bonus materials.
(There is currently a small glitch in it, that occasionally the sparkling star would be coloured funny. I'm aware of it and it's actually just a missing single '#' in one line of the codes, and this is too minor for me to fix it and update the files atm.)

Armageddon

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 24/12/2010 09:43:06
Having the possibly worst entry, I can say it was really fun making it. I totally enjoyed myself there. :D
I think it is I that had the worst entry. But it was fun! ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk