King Simulator 2013

Started by WHAM, Wed 06/11/2013 07:21:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

Quote from: miguel on Thu 21/11/2013 00:42:31
> Summon next audience;

+1.

But I think that shadowy traveller is important. He did not really seem "evil", but... still. I am curious what "object" we will get.

WHAM, how does game time work, actually? Can we "see" it? Is there a clock or something that tells us how much time passes between turns?

WHAM

Quote from: Ghost on Thu 21/11/2013 01:13:36
WHAM, how does game time work, actually? Can we "see" it? Is there a clock or something that tells us how much time passes between turns?

Each day ends after a total of five major actions are taken. These actions are audiences, special events, visits to locations (for example, in town) or talking to your advisors. The passing of time is not set in stone, and you can take actions in the night if you want, although no new audiences may be granted (the people went to sleep). The changing of a day is marked by a special "turn" slide which provides you with a summary of the day's actions as well as some basic data you have accumulated on your kingdom and it's affairs.

Each "year" in the game consists of 14 days and certain days will bring special events. Taxes are paid to the Crown on the 10th day of the year and salaries and other costs are paid automatically on the 13th day of the year. Don't worry, the Jester, or whoever has been assigned as your ADVISOR, will explain things as they come up.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

miguel

Meaning we really need an ADVISOR...
I know everybody wants a new audience and it is logical but we should start thinking of hiring or promoting a wise man or woman for the ADVISOR role.
We are kind of "blind" regarding many things here like people's feeling towards us.

Working on a RON game!!!!!

WHAM

Well, there are all sorts of people waiting for an audience, and I'm sure  you'll find more or less suitable people for all roles.
Your existing advisor will always seek to prioritize audiences based on how important they seem to him/her based on all sorts of hidden variables, such as kingdom wealth, happiness, ongoing wars, open posts in court etc.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

cat

I think the jester is our advisor and he did a good job till now, so let's just
Quote from: miguel on Thu 21/11/2013 00:42:31
> Summon next audience;

+1

Baron

Quote from: WHAM on Thu 21/11/2013 09:43:35
Each "year" in the game consists of 14 days and certain days will bring special events. Taxes are paid to the Crown on the 10th day of the year and salaries and other costs are paid automatically on the 13th day of the year. Don't worry, the Jester, or whoever has been assigned as your ADVISOR, will explain things as they come up.

Quote from: WHAM on Wed 06/11/2013 07:21:55
Since this is a fantasy kingdom each YEAR only has 12 DAYS.

WOOT!  We get to collect taxes but don't have to pay salaries!  I'm liking the vagueness and changeability of this medieval calendar!

In the long run though, I can see the seasons being thrown out of whack, which might adversely affect planting and the harvest, which in turn may lead to mass starvation and disenchantment with the government....

>> SUMMON THE DIVINE WHAM TO FIX INCONSISTENCIES IN THE CALENDAR

miguel

Maybe this is like the Mayan calendar and our existence will abruptly stop before the 13th day?

WHAM

Bah, the first post has a typo. 14 days a year is the correct number.
Also: bad news: I'll be on a trip for the weekend so no update before sunday evening! :(

WHAM

You gesture for the Jester to allow another audience. Perhaps the next one will prove less depressing.
A group of three DIRTY PEASANTS and a COW walk into the throne room. Oh boy...

"Hails, m' King!" -the fair-haired man greets you as the group enters.
"On behaff' o' the peasants and our representative, Cat, we come 'afore you to bestow a gift o' goodwill to ouer new King. Annabelle, the highest valued prize cow in the entire village, is now the King's private property, iff'n, of course, you accept, my King."

The cow moos.

Ghost

Quote from: WHAM on Sun 24/11/2013 19:43:20
The cow moos.

Ponch, your department! WHAT do we do with a live cow?

cat

Quote from: Ghost on Sun 24/11/2013 20:19:04
WHAT do we do with a live cow?

Milk and make cheese!

miguel

Quote from: Ghost on Sun 24/11/2013 20:19:04
Quote from: WHAM on Sun 24/11/2013 19:43:20
The cow moos.

Ponch, your department! WHAT do we do with a live cow?

Yup, somebody must PM Ponch about this!
He's the only one capable of maintaining a cow alive!

> Kindly accept gift and ask if there's any major concern the peasants may have with their lives;

Ghost

Quote from: miguel on Sun 24/11/2013 21:49:22
> Kindly accept gift and ask if there's any major concern the peasants may have with their lives;
Good idea, miguel- let's do that!
+1

Quote from: cat on Sun 24/11/2013 21:29:33
Milk and make cheese!
Milking surely is a free action?
+ 1 !

Ponch

Milking is always a free action! (Hello ladies... := )

And a cow can only be a blessing, even to the king that has everything! So Miguel +1. :cheesy:

NightHawk

Quote from: miguel on Sun 24/11/2013 21:49:22
+1

>Appoint Ponch in charge of the Royal herd.

CaptainD

>TALK TO COW
(Well you never know, it might just be able to talk?!?!)
>ENTER COW IN COMPETITIONS TO WIN PRIZES GALLORE

selmiak

Baron

>>APPOINT COW AS BISHOP

...and, assuming we can walk and chew gum at he same time....

>>ADMIT NEXT AUDIENCE

WHAM

You decide to kindly accept the peasant's gift.

"Please present my kindest thanks to representative Cat." -you say, nodding approvingly at the, uh, majestic(?) animal. The DIRTY PEASANTS seem happy at the approval.

The Jester arrives to take your new gift to a more sensible place than the throne room as the DIRTY PEASANTS begin to take their leave.

The Jester seems to be taking his sweet time...

Finally, the Jester reappears before you.

"My King, I have stored the PRIZE COW in the ROYAL GARDEN. This reminds me that the previous king cared little for gardening and imported all of his herbs, medicines and poisons. If we had a ROYAL GARDENER, we might be able to grow all sorts of things other than just grass for feed. But alas, there is time for only one more action today, as evening draws near. Shall it be another audience, or do you have something more specific in mind, My King?"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk