King Simulator 2013

Started by WHAM, Wed 06/11/2013 07:21:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Haggis

Quote> Call for the next audience

+1

WHAM

You call forth the next audience of the day.

Waddling into the throne room comes a man with a peg-leg carrying a fancy leather scroll.

"Arr, My King!" -he greets you in what you guess might be a polite way amongst pirate clans.

"I bring forth a trade agreement from the clan of the fearsome Forkbeak Pirates. For th'
purpose of construction we would like to commission all of ye available stocks of lumber
and cloth in your town. I have already discussed ye matter with the trader's guild and they
seemed to be pleased with th' deal. We agreed upon the price of twenny-five gold pieces on th'
trade, with an additional five gold pieces added to sweeten the deal, as ordered by Lord BARON
of the Forkbeaks. Accept ye the offer?"

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

miguel

Finally some gold!
But I fear of remaining with out stocks of timber and cloth close to zero. We should retain a small percentage of it.

> Return the extra five gold pieces; make the deal for 25 GP's but keep 12% of our stocks at home.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

CaptainD

Can we really trust this Lord BARON guy?  Something about the name tells me NO... :P

miguel

Same here, the name just triggers my worse fears but we did make a deal with him.

WHAM

You decide that all of your stocks are too much to give up, and inform the PIRATE TRADER that you
will keep a small portion of your stocks of wood and cloth while lowering the price accordingly,
down to 25 gold instead of 30 gold.

"Arr! As you wish, Land-King. The deal is done n' I shall take care of the details with th' guild."

The trader thanks you and leaves.

[Large portions of wood and cloth were sold]
[Your stocks of wood and cloth are low]
[25 gold pieces added to the treasury. The treasury now holds: 36 gold and 60 silver]

There is still time for one audience this day.

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

CaptainD

Audience, and bring on the dancing girls!  Free drinks all round!  Let's be generous. 8-)

miguel

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 07/06/2014 18:33:59
Audience, and bring on the dancing girls!  Free drinks all round!  Let's be generous. 8-)

> Next Audience!

WHAM

The Jester steps up.

"My King, a word if you will. The annual midsummer celebration is nearly upon us, and I was
wondering how much money we would like to spend on the celebration? This could be a good
way to make an impression with the people, differentiate yourself from the old king and possibly
invite new connections. The old king would only ever spend one gold on the celebration to pay
for the construction of a fighting pit in which he would force prisoners to fight to the death for his
entertainment..."

miguel

Celebration? At last!

> Spread the word that the midsummer celebration is near, tell all the neighbouring towns that a big festival is to take place in our town. With the budget of 7 gold we'll have artists of all kinds performing in the streets and we invite couples to get married during the festival as their food and drink will be free. There will be a stage where the newly-wed will parade and celebrate.
> Send for Lancelot to arrange security for the event.

Haggis

> Begin construction of the annual fighting pit but increase price to two gold to add some enhancements... namely fancy weapons, traps and wild animals.

Or what Miguel said.

Quote> Spread the word that the midsummer celebration is near, tell all the neighbouring towns that a big festival is to take place in our town. With the budget of 7 gold we'll have artists of all kinds performing in the streets and we invite couples to get married during the festival as their food and drink will be free. There will be a stage where the newly-wed will parade and celebrate.
> Send for Lancelot to arrange security for the event.

+1

WHAM

You are delighted by the idea of a celebration, and order a budget of seven (7) gold to be spent
on the preparations. There are to be artists, music and plays, and couples are invited to marry
under the King's gaze as part of the festival, with food and drink and cake provided by the king's
court. A grand stage is  to be erected upon which the ceremony will be held. And, of course, Lancelot
will be in charge for the event security.

The Jester chuckles and bounces with glee.

"A fine celebration it will be! I shall make sure that the preparations are put underway!"

As the Jester bounces off, gold in hand, you realize that the time in the hourglass has run out
once again. It is time to rest...

CaptainD

>Have a right royal rest, sleep soundly sire!

miguel

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 11/06/2014 10:10:35
>Have a right royal rest, sleep soundly sire!
+1

But first, practise some manly moves.

Haggis

Have we established if there is a Queen (or second King) yet?

If so > get to work on an heir.

If not > take a suspiciously long shower.

Ghost

> dream of PONYCORNS because reasons

CaptainD

If there is no Queen yet, host a tournament for eligible ladies to win marriage to the Us.  (How does it work in this kingdom?  Who gets the dowry?)

NightHawk

miguel

Captain, we do have a lady after us and our title. She offered gold, remember? We told her to take a walk and that we'd think about it.

CaptainD

Quote from: miguel on Sat 14/06/2014 12:35:02
Captain, we do have a lady after us and our title. She offered gold, remember? We told her to take a walk and that we'd think about it.

Oh yeah... :shocked:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk