AGS AWARDS 2008 SPRITE, ANIMATION, SOUND AND BACKGROUND JAM!

Started by SSH, Mon 19/01/2009 18:10:20

Previous topic - Next topic

SSH

A once-yearly competition with the prize of your stuff appearing in the AGS Awards ceremony game and your name in the credits thereof! Well, the rubbish backdrops for the 2007 AGS Awards were drawn by myself with the aid of google images. This year we can do better! Try and keep sizes and perspective "standard", please! I am looking for:

1. Inside of the venue where the awards are presented: we can see stage and some audience, perhaps

2. Other views inside the auditorium: perhaps a close up of your favourite AGS character (or forum member) in the audience picking his nose or reacting to an award, etc. Or the high-up shot when we go to commercials

3. Some commercials for a commercial break, perhaps? These are low-priority.

4. Outside the venue, the red carpet as the stars arrive.

5. The stars arriving on the red carpet

6. If you want your character to talk to our Joan Rivers-alike, give us some dialgoue lines, too if you like. And voice acting!

7. Or your character can present an award if you like, if you do an animation thereof and some dialogue too if you so desire

8. Background music anyone? Fanfares, that kind of thing

9. Anything else you can think of.

Originality is not important: feel free to recycle that funny animation from your game or just give me your character's walkcycle, or modifying things slightly. I'm looking for quality and quantity!

Finally, you can post here in this thread or PM me: obviously the latter will retain the surprise for other AGSers when they see it. Also, all decent entries will receive a plastic imitation AGS Award that they can put in their signature as a trophy!

Dualnames

You speak of audience and red carpet shouldn't we fill the crowd with AGS Characters of this year.. like everyone hand their AGS Characters files so you can have an AGSy audience? Just a thought.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ultra Magnus

Quote from: Dualnames on Tue 20/01/2009 09:41:01
You speak of audience and red carpet shouldn't we fill the crowd with AGS Characters of this year.. like everyone hand their AGS Characters files so you can have an AGSy audience? Just a thought.

That'd be cool.
And you could have a few close-ups of some of the ones that weren't nominated looking bitter and grumpy.
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

I'm tired of pretending I'm not bitchin', a total frickin' rock star from Mars.

Play_Pretend

This is a super-awesome idea...when's the deadline to get stuff in?

Oh, and should we post it on here, or send it to you privately to keep it a surprise until the show?

SSH

PM me for the surprise by preference, but I'll take stuff from this thread too.

Oh and obviously I especially need stuff from the nominees themselves !

Dualnames

I don't suppose you'd want a vogon ship arriving at the ceremony..

EDIT: In case you want something off me well PM or send an assasin.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Play_Pretend

Cool...when do we have to have it in by, and when you say "standard sizes", do you mean like for a 640x480-ish screen?

SSH

Dualnames: of course I want something, thats what this thread is about!

Strange: end of the month would be best. I can take high-res or lo-res graphics: I'll probably scale things to fit anyway.

kaputtnik

Can it be something funky, or is this prohibited on this year's awards?
I, object.

SSH

Not sure why "funky" would be prohibited unless there's a meaning of that word like "obscene".

kaputtnik

Excellent! I was just asking that as opposed to the regular fanfares of triumph. Although I might consider doing some obscene midi music, too...
I, object.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk