MAGS April: OROM (One Room One Month) (Winner Announced - See results)

Started by Dualnames, Fri 26/03/2010 18:14:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Transputter puzzle was never meant to be uberhard, so I apologize if it is.  However, there are some in-game hints I will pass on to you:

Spoiler
If you contact scatty over your wristcom he'll tell you he has a bad memory and to look for help in the wristcom database.  Try searching for TRANSPUTTER.  This will give you other search terms that will lead you to a very specific hint on how to fix the transputter properly :).  If that doesn't work, try starting over on the lowest difficulty setting.  When you view the diagram in the Transputter on Limp Difficulty it will show you where the axis levels should be.
[close]

Igor Hardy

I finished Eternally Us. Amazing looking settings, especially the autumn one. I was confused by some of the dialogs though.

Hard Space is looking very good too, but I'm leaving it until I'm done with the shorter/easier entries.

Quote from: Ben304 on Sat 01/05/2010 14:59:20

Baron/Ascovel - what an incredibly surreal game. Played it, finished it and enjoyed it, even if I am not 100% sure exactly what everything was about. Definitely had the bizarre sense of humour I was expecting and it kept me amused the whole time. Really liked some of the unusual inventory ideas.

Have no idea what was up with the
Spoiler
bartender being an insect?:P
[close]
but I thought that little part was pretty cool anyway.

Spoiler
This was just a subtle suggestion that all the characters in Avalon are in reality bugs in disguises ;)
[close]

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I'll have a modified version of Hard Space out shortly, mainly to address problems some people have had understanding how to solve the Transputter.  The new version will hopefully make it more obvious what the process is and how to get it done.  Other fixes include dialog tweaks, added and extended dialog, bonus cutscene, and an extended intro.  This is not to be confused with the Full Release, which will have all the missing audio added, backgrounds cleaned up, and other things I didn't have time for.

tzachs

Quote from: Ben304 on Fri 30/04/2010 17:19:02
How surreal it is to play football against myself. I defeated myself the first match, but then I was on my team and I won.

I have to say how much more interesting I find it to play computer football when it is with AGS forum buddies and people I know from around these parts than some boring professional player that I have never heard of, this was a really great idea! And it's also super well built and good fun, killer stuff.

However Leafshade plays football with his shirt off to impress the ladies, so the fact that his player had his jersey still on confused me a little.
Thanks, Ben!
And I'll consider making a topless figure for Leafshade (with manboobs) ;)

Quote from: kaputtnik on Fri 30/04/2010 18:06:34
And: Fantastic efforts in interstellar and earthbound sports, guys!
Quote from: Grim on Fri 30/04/2010 18:42:56
Played the football game. I generally hate football but this was amazing! And I was there too!!!Thanks!

BEST FOOTBALL GAME EVER FOR ME!
Thank you guys!!  :)

Started playing the games, really top quality, and I'm glad I have two weeks to play so I can take it easy, will let you know my thoughts probably later on...
@Limping Fish: Great graphics&atmosphere, I'm just wondering, I'm not sure if I finished the game or not:
Spoiler
Do I have to do something else besides touching that red pendant thingy and die? It looks like the only thing to do, have I missed something?
[close]

LimpingFish

Quote from: tzachs on Sun 02/05/2010 22:28:51
@Limping Fish: Great graphics&atmosphere, I'm just wondering, I'm not sure if I finished the game or not:
Spoiler
Do I have to do something else besides touching that red pendant thingy and die? It looks like the only thing to do, have I missed something?
[close]

Nope, that's all there is. I pretty much ran out of time with it, and had to end it there. Thanks for playing, though. :)

I've added an updated version (1.1) with credits, and a reduced maximum viewing pitch (the original version was mistakenly released with the module's default setting) which essentially stops you from being able to look directly at the spot where you're "standing".

http://shutupload.com/user/d827c85560e0830e48e67fbb59563693

I'll most likely release a fully expanded version sometime in the future.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Dualnames

Okay, so both entries updated. If anyone feels its unjust that some people are updating their games please tell me, normally I wouldn't allow it unless there was a bug, but this an OROM, so bugger off, we all want cool games enhanced!

EDIT:

So here's are the entries I've played and finished:
Space Pool Alpha
Well, not finished, I'm not that good at it, but I really like it. It's impressive, it's just that I suck badly.

AGS Footballer
Great game, and great improvement over the last beta.

Snakes of Avalon
I need a hint here
Spoiler
Got my drink heard about the murder through a cutscene, no idea what to do next..
[close]

Dead Hand
Definitely one of the shortest games ever, yet, very nicely written, it's more of a concept thing, I'd definitely play the original hands down!!. The atmosphere and the immersion are seriously one of a kind! And I love Serial Killers! This one so far gets my vote, though not yet voted. Hope you actually make the first six chapters!! I really liked the panorama module 3d, The sounds and music are used in a very charismatic way.

Eternally Us
Very nice particle effects, reflection and all. But as I was getting attached to Amber, game ended. The puzzles are on the downhill but it's a MAGS game, so no worries there. Also, the bird puzzle, it's a bad thing figuring out what to do and expect it to randomly occur. I got that idea at least.  It'd work better as a scene, than as a puzzle. I tried to cry, but I failed. Reminds me a lot of that Winter's Shadow, which it may rock, I can't tell, but I'm kind of going to agree with ddq, the poetry doesn't accompany the game that well. Also I hoped there would be sex, because I kind of got a lot of subtext.

I'm probably hitting terribly hard on you guys, and I know you're gonna come back at me in 25th of May.
But overall it's a nice little game.

AlphaBeta
It's a shame this is unfinished.

I noticed some games didn't exactly feel OROMISH. More like FOUROROMISH. But anyway. :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Leon

@Dual:

First, you can walk south where there are two separate tables.. There's more to do there.

If your bladder is full...
Spoiler
empty it on the plant. It will result in something helpful.
[close]
If you already have that,
Spoiler
use it on the handbag of Vivien (when you walk all the way down to the two tables, it's on the floor next to her.
[close]
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 03/05/2010 22:41:34
Snakes of Avalon
I need a hint here
Spoiler
Got my drink heard about the murder through a cutscene, no idea what to do next..
[close]

I've uploaded a new version just now that makes it slightly easier to figure out, so it would be better to download it again instead of me telling you exactly what to do to progress (EDIT: Don't read Leon's post above just yet! :P).

In addition, I converted the one included midi track to another format as I see not all people have sound cards that play midi.

Everyone who played Snakes, I'll be grateful if you comment on the game in the completed game thread here.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

http://www.mediafire.com/?1cjfo1dmc1z

Slight but important fix.  Somehow one of the builds didn't compile properly and regions went wacky.  I'm not sure why.  These are now fixed, hopefully.

ThreeOhFour

Igor Hardy

@LimpingFish

Dead Hand is just like you advertised it - starts as an atmospheric, great looking thriller that puts you right away in an exciting situations and then... And then after 1 minute the game is over. :( Very, very cruel!

@ProgZ

Your game is the one taking the biggest amount of my time as of now. Very cool atmosphere - Star Trek meets Leisure Suit Larry. Great music and animations (naturally) too. However, the MAGS crunch time seems to have killed some of my brain cells, and I'm progressing very very slowly.

abstauber

err.. when voting deadline again?

I'm still stuck at the transputter and don't like to play too much titles parallel.

Dualnames

Quote from: abstauber on Tue 04/05/2010 20:39:43
err.. when voting deadline again?

I'm still stuck at the transputter and don't like to play too much titles parallel.

Check the topic title I guess?

abstauber

Oh *cough* yes... I guess that transputter must have messed up my reading abilities. I shouldn't post right after being annoyed ;)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

If you're playing the original build and having trouble with the transputter you might try the latest one.  I've modified some of the information provided for it based on feedback to try and make it clearer.  I have no desire to make puzzles that 'annoy' people, so I am determined to work out some happy medium of difficulty at each difficulty level (which seems no easy task).

Leon

There seems to be no relationship between the axis and the grid. Not using the grid and just pushing blue and yellow alternately, makes the x-axis value go up and down (but not to the request value of course ;-) Besides that, I can't figure out when an axis has power or not. Should there be a circuit from a to b to set the power?

Spoiler
I've noticed the X Y and Z's on the grid, but where to put them?
[close]

So the object of the puzzle is clear, reading the grid absolutely not. And the reset after each check is also quite annoying. Any hints on how to handle the grid?

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Spoiler
If you search your wristcom thoroughly for TRANSPUTTER terms, you'll soon come to TRANSPUTTER DIAGNOSTIC which explains the process for resetting a faulty system.  The circuit is, in itself, 4 different circuits in one, and the object is, for each axis, to re-order the circuit so that only the axis you are set to (of the three axes) receives power in the circuit.  There is only one arrangement per axis that will power one of them and maintain circuit integrity while disconnecting the other two (integrity means the parts of the circuit that aren't those axis points still appear to connect to each other and the edges of the circuit).  The circuit reset after each check is actually a benefit of Easy mode only as otherwise you would have to re-arrange the circuit to its original state once all 3 axis values are locked in.  This skips that step for you so all you have to do is make CIRCUIT X, CIRCUIT Y, CIRCUIT Z, then commit :).
[close]

Leon

I understand that all. I got that indeed from the wristcom and the diagram. I now know which sequence to use the objects in. But I don't understand the grid. There are 9 squares. 3x3. That's a lot of combinations to go through. I can't make any sense of the drawings on it or figure out how to make a circuit or how to get power from where to where?

I'm sure it's me but....

How come if you change nothing to the circuits, the value of X still changes?
Look at the value of X. Press blue (select X), press yellow and the value of X changes without any circuit being moved....?

Oh.. and the restore function is under the save button... (?)

[edit] I now find that there's text on the line between the green & red button (run test) and also between blue and dark green (cycle hardware) and between yellow and grey (reset). This is only on the black line and not on the colored panels itself. Intended?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk