MAGS October: Steampunk! (Winner Announced)

Started by Dualnames, Wed 30/09/2009 15:41:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Only two games to finish! Half-way stuck at "Sparrow" & "Energizer". I want to end this today. In fact I already have 3 candidates to choose from... but damn, it's really hard to make a decision. A pity you cannot vote for, say, 2 games :)

Leon

Quote from: abstauber on Thu 29/10/2009 12:41:19
@Leon: tell me how the spoiler tags work and I'll tell you     I have it, thanks David!

Spoiler

Before you cut the blimp free, you  have to get that telescope part and turn it into a flare. For that you also need the magnesium beside the telescope.
[close]

Thanks. But nothing seems to work on it... I have all the required objects..
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Crimson Wizard

@pinback
Spoiler
I was certainly sure I have to make flare ammo to send a signal; for that I'd need magnesium and gunpowder (found both of them), as this seem most logical to me. I also have a vague guess that I can use eyepiece from telescope as a case for the flare (not sure).
Still, I couldn't pry eyepiece off no matter how I tried. I used: Knife, wrench, hammer, weld torch, leatherwork tool and even pencil.
I cut the blimp off and flied, but without eyepiece. Is this actually a dead-end? I'll try to restart the game now.

Also, when I click somewhere below the bunks, character sais "there's something udnert the bunk" but it does not seem t be anything there to pick up.
[close]

david

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: david on Thu 29/10/2009 14:46:36
@crimson

but there IS something under the bunk  ;D
Heh, it seems that I already picked up Fuch's note there. It's just keeping to tell me like there' still something.

Pinback

I cant work out how to do the 'invisible' text... Help someone?

Pinback

@Crimson Wizard

Spoiler
Have you found the pliers?
[close]

Thanks Crimson.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Pinback on Thu 29/10/2009 15:01:16
@Crimson Wizard

Spoiler
Have you found the pliers?
[close]

Thanks Crimson.

Yes, just forgot to mention. And yes, I tried that on telescope too. :(

Crimson Wizard

OMG Pinback!  ::)

YOUR GAME IS IN DEBUG MODE  :D
I went for crazy ideas and hit Ctrl+S, and it gave me all the inventory items!
...including default Yellow Key and Magenta Poster

EDIT: And I finished the game. That telescope seem the only thing that didn't work for me. A bug maybe?
Post-comments: puzzles were pretty OK (don't listen to Helme :) ), but your game really suffers from hotspots not emphasized well enouph. It can be a pain to find something useful, when there are so many gadgets around.

BTW, cool you added that design sheet in the end :)

abstauber

Spoiler
If you can't remove the tip of the telescope with the pliers, it seems to be a bug. Btw. yup, it's a dead end. You can cut the blimp way too early
[close]

edit:
Just finished Steamtrek. Really funny! I actually at to laugh out loud :)

Leon

Alright, I'll leave that to a bug then. Wasn't able to finish.
Anyone able to finish Chronomancers? I have all the items for the machine, can flip switches, filled oil and fuel but still nothing. Can't leave either. Anyone? Discordance doesn't seem to respond? Also an ending bug? No debug mode available here  :(

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Leon on Thu 29/10/2009 16:57:47
Anyone able to finish Chronomancers? I have all the items for the machine, can flip switches, filled oil and fuel but still nothing. Can't leave either.
You should
Spoiler
use the harpishord to speak with computer
[close]

david

Quote from: Leon on Thu 29/10/2009 16:57:47
Anyone able to finish Chronomancers? I have all the items for the machine, can flip switches, filled oil and fuel but still nothing. Can't leave either. Anyone? Discordance doesn't seem to respond? Also an ending bug? No debug mode available here  :(

did you fill the solid fuel??

abstauber

Yup, I've finished that too.  By the way Discordance - has your game multiple endings?

david

SomeSickSelf

Finished everything but Trial (ran into the same issue with the telescope as everyone else).

Also, at one point this happened:
Spoiler
I used the elevator to go back inside the ship after I couldn't get the eyepiece off the telescope.  I looked around, didn't find anything, so I used the hammer to get back outside.  I still couldn't get the eyepiece, so I went back down the elevator, and this time I couldn't get back out (the elevator hotspot completely stopped responding to everything I tried to do to it).
[close]

Is anyone still having issues with my game?  I'll try to work that bug out as soon as I can, it seems pretty rare though.

Leon

Must be me then...
Spoiler
What do I do with the harpischord? I can play all I want but to no avail.
"Nothing happens when I push the keys"
[close]
I saw a version mentioned multiple times with a save-function. Haven't been able to find it. Is that the problem?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Leon on Thu 29/10/2009 17:40:18
Must be me then...
Spoiler
What do I do with the harpischord? I can play all I want but to no avail.
"Nothing happens when I push the keys"
[close]

Hmm.. maybe you should look at them first? I'll check that.

EDIT:
Spoiler

Actually, as soon as I put both types of fule there and press the switch, computer starts talking to me. I then can go and use keyboard.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk