Sprite Jam 9/19/2004-9/26/2004

Started by Escargot, Sun 19/09/2004 22:16:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggie

Bah, I'm not good at this whole 'proportion' thing. Whatever, I'll just claim it's my style and if you point out anatomy flaws you're a philistine and you need to be shot...

BACKSTORY:
There was a boy named Alex and he drew a skinny, grey cyber-babe with green hair, the end.

big brother

Here's my entry.

50x80, 19 colors (including background and initials)

After the High Council declared war on the neighboring nation, it was the task of the Princess and Chief of Military (pictured above) to launch a thousand ships for the first attack.
Mom's Robot Oil. Made with 10% more love than the next leading brand.
("Mom" and "love" are registered trademarks of Mom-Corp.)

Escargot

Okay, it's time to declare a winner. Just like I predicted, it was really hard to pick one winner. So in this Sprite Jam everyone wins a prize! But given the nature of the contest, and given that I'm a cheapskate, the prizes are all inventory items. So lets have a look at the entries and the prizes they have won...

In the category of Best Non-Entry, blackman wins!

Don't know if you drew that, blackman, but if you had a good backstory you could have definitely had a shot at this contest :) Oh, and you would have had to reduce your palette by 27089 colors...

For his practical joke, Blackman wins a whoopee cushion!

For Best Effort for Furthering Code Appreciation, the winner is Clueless!

Keep up the good work on this front, Clueless, you have squarely earned your prize, a DVD copy of the Matrix.

In the category of Sexiest Webbed Fingers, Eggie takes home the prize!

Eggie wins a diving mask. Thanks for your entry, Eggie!

Escargot

Moving on to Most Mysterious Smile (aka the Mona Lisa Prize) -- the winner, of course, is Rincewind!

For his seductive and suggestive portent of Armageddon, with that incredible little curl of a smile, Rincewind wins a lipstick! I enjoyed your backstory too. Good work!

Next, we have Funkiest Entry with a Psychelic 60's Pattern -- congratulations Pesty!

I must say, your snakelady has the cutest nose and the most seductive jawline! And your backstory has all the stuff of great 60's TV scifi. Very classy work. For winning in this category you receive, how could it be otherwise, a lavalamp!

Best Costume, hands down, goes to big brother.

Okay, so maybe most of the other entries didn't have any costumes to speak of, but I don't want to belittle your entry, big brother. Your sprite really impressed me, from the shading to the realistic folds of fabric, to the dynamic swing of the hips - really first rate work. And all that in only 19 colors - awesome! For winning Best Costume, big brother wins the needle and thread.

Escargot

Now we come to the only entry to win in two categories, Most Artistic Use of Nudity and Most Creative Spelling. The winner -- Mr_Frisby!

Okay Frisby, I think you should have also won Best Backstory, but your entry was disqualified from this category on a technicality: Since your entry is a calendar page, this implies that your object of desire is one of many, instead of THE one. Also, I would really, really like to know what is a "nudy swim suit calendar"? Forgive my ignorance, for I have not seen the future with my own two eyes ;)

I really wanted your entry to win, frisby, given the photorealism and all, but as it stands, you have won the coveted Dictionary for winning in Most Creative Spelling. And as for your prize for the Nudity category, just look in your new dictionary under "ploughshare". That page contains a portal to a place where you will be given plenty of opportunity to develop even more artistic uses of nudity....

Finally, we come to the Official Winner of this sprite jam - Damien!

Very evocative, very minimalistic, very well done! It makes me shudder to imagine what made the scratches on the post she is holding on to, and what they might mean. And those eyes...

Congratulations for winning the sprite jam, Damien! You know what your prize is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk