Sprite Jam: Celebrity Cameo!!!!

Started by Questionable, Sat 03/04/2010 22:27:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Hueij

Kaio

I was not familiar with the fact that there ARE indeed some people, who don't know the mighty Dr. Cox. It's a sad world.  :'(

Hueij

Quote from: Kaio on Sun 25/04/2010 21:05:22
I was not familiar with the fact that there ARE indeed some people, who don't know the mighty Dr. Cox. It's a sad world.  :'(
I looked him up on Wikipedia. Of course I did't know him, he is from an American comedy, and since American comedies are seldom funny I scrubbed it...

Captain Ricco

Quote from: Hueij on Sun 25/04/2010 21:26:24
Quote from: Kaio on Sun 25/04/2010 21:05:22
I looked him up on Wikipedia. Of course I did't know him, he is from an American comedy, and since American comedies are seldom funny I scrubbed it...

lol was that intentional?

Questionable

I liked the sublte hint in your original post Kaio!

24 Hours left to modify, update or submit! Let's get a few more in guys!!!!
All my trophies have disappeared... FINALLY! I'm free!

Xellie

Quote from: Hueij on Thu 22/04/2010 11:54:01
Wow! Although I'm not a Star Wars guy I would play that game  :)

Thanx Hueij. Maybe someday you will be able to... maybe.  :-\

Wyz

Quote from: Kaio on Sun 25/04/2010 19:59:05
[...]
I hope some of you will recognize him.

Whoah that took me 0.01 seconds :D Really cool sprite!
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Kaio

Chicky

Saberteeth

Xellie

Quote from: Saberteeth on Fri 30/04/2010 11:49:35
So is the comp over or what?

Well the deadline is long gone, but Questionable seems MIA...

tzachs

I must say, the Dr Cox sprite is brilliant!!!

Quote from: Xellie on Fri 30/04/2010 12:37:17
Quote from: Saberteeth on Fri 30/04/2010 11:49:35
So is the comp over or what?

Well the deadline is long gone, but Questionable seems MIA...
Yes, very questionable indeed...

Ali

I've PMed Questionable asking for a winner, but if I don't hear from him soon I'll settle it the old fashioned way...

Just give me a little time to work out what the old fashioned way is.

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Ali on Sat 01/05/2010 12:42:55
Just give me a little time to work out what the old fashioned way is.

It's a pistol dual at dawn.  Sounds reasonable to me.

Xellie

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Sat 01/05/2010 12:51:52
It's a pistol dual at dawn.  Sounds reasonable to me.

I'll take you up on that Ryan... now I just need a 'second' in case my courage lets me down...

Questionable

1st

2nd

3rd

You guys really made it tough on me! I chose Urkel because I think more than any other sprite he was more of a representation of the essence of Urkel than JUST a sprite version of the character.  Dr. Cox took second place because he threatened to skull fuck me, if I didn't, and also the amount of accuracy and eerie detail was pretty impressive. Lastly, I was torn between Marty, Betty, Han and Clint; ultimately I weighed out: How recognizable was the character, how practical is the character, how detailed/well made was the character, how visually appealing was the character. Han Solo feels a bit muddled to me and Dirty Harry (while made awesome) wasn't instantly recognizable. Marty and Betty was tough. I REALLY REALLY like what Prog did with the sprite (and that Mock-Up is TEH AWESOME) but ultimately I kept thinking about the style used for Betty; it's all at once, simple, complex, intriguing, beautiful and descriptive. Betty was recognizable and would be easy to implement in a game. I finally settled that Betty seemed more like a Cameo where-as Marty felt like a Star.

So there you have it AGS! Your winners!   I've been a bit busy lately, so- hopefully I'll be able to whip up some awards.... not sure what they would be made of, though...
All my trophies have disappeared... FINALLY! I'm free!

Pixelton

Please follow our progress on IndieDB!

<a href="http://www.indiedb.com/games/dustbowl-a-wasteland-adventure" title="View Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure on Indie DB" target="_blank">Dustbowl - A Wasteland Adventure</a>

Saberteeth

I won? Holy crap! That was so unexpected, I seriously thought most of the entries were better than mine. Ah well, thanks! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk