The fall of European Undersea Facility 02 [FINISHED]

Started by WHAM, Sat 06/08/2011 22:02:54

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAM

Glad to see we are getting new players! Welcome aboard, bulbapuck!
Will be posting a new turn this evening when I get home from work. Banging on doors and shouting ahead!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

WHAM

> Bang on door and yell "I'm awake and alright."

You stumble to the door, muster all your strength and bang on the door a few times, shouting out to anyone within earshot that you are awake and well.

After waiting for a few moments and hearing no other response than the oppressive silence that surrounds you, you start to get the feeling that something bad is about to happen.
It is becoming a rather familiar feeling, isn't it?

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Eric

>Take a vial of morphine, for god's sake.

What's happened here, WHAM, is that we've turned the game on its head. Now you're the player, and we're the controller. Your goal is to keep our PC alive while we do stupid things.

WHAM

Quote from: Eric on Mon 30/04/2012 22:01:21
>Take a vial of morphine, for god's sake.

What's happened here, WHAM, is that we've turned the game on its head. Now you're the player, and we're the controller. Your goal is to keep our PC alive while we do stupid things.

That's about right. It's not every day I get to google stuff like "morphine overdose symptoms". And no, it's too late now!  ;)

Eric

Well, I've said it before, and I'll say it again most likely before the game is over: Yaggaggahgaghagdammit.

Bulbapuck

Quote from: WHAM on Tue 01/05/2012 00:21:02
That's about right. It's not every day I get to google stuff like "morphine overdose symptoms". And no, it's too late now!  ;)
Quote from: Eric on Tue 01/05/2012 01:26:26
Well, I've said it before, and I'll say it again most likely before the game is over: Yaggaggahgaghagdammit.
I don't think 10 mg is an overdose though (although I´m no expert :tongue:). I think (hope) Wham is just teasing us.

WHAM

Well not necessarily a heavy overdose, but according to a few documents I found when googling around a person of about average weight (200 pounds) the "correct" dose is around 2,5 mg, so the current selected dosage of "let's use the whole 10 mg ampoule at once" is about 4 times the recommended dose. Some other info I found stated that in some cases (weakened individuals with no resistance to the drug) even a dosage of 20 mg could be fatal.

I'm no doctor or anything, so I'll use what information google gives me to create a game that is fair but hard, just the way I like games. ;)

Deu2000

I don't know if it's too late, but...

>search for indications in the ampoule

Bulbapuck

Oh, didn't know that.. I suppose we're getting high then :P
Shouldn't kill us at least, so that's good.

Tabata

Quote from: Bulbapuck on Tue 01/05/2012 13:56:22
Oh, didn't know that.. I suppose we're getting high then :P

Sorry, but no - this seems to be clean stuff, so no fun for us.  :tongue:
If you want to get high, you need to mix it with something else.
Otherwhise you only will become sleepy (but not high) and if it is a strong overdose, you won't wake up again. :cry:

Let's say we are in luck because our character is used to it and can stand it.

... and now the game goes on and WHAM needs to entertain us further on  (laugh)

WHAM

> Take a vial of morphine, for god's sake.

The feeling of pain instills a certain urgency in you and you stumble back to the first aid kit and sit down. You snatch the SYRINGE from the first aid kit, crack open one of the MORPHINE AMPOULES and draw tall of the contained medicine into the syringe. Withouth further thought you stick the needle into your forearm, probably into, or at least pretty close to, a vein, and push the drug. After administering the MORPHINE you discard the USED AMPOULE and replace the USED SYRINGE into the first aid kit.

The morphine acts quickly, you feel light-headed and for a moment it feels like the room is slowly spinning around you. Your heart feels like it's beating stronger and more prominently than ever before. Did your heart just miss a beat? You're not sure, and in your confused state you could care less, and besides, the pain is gone!

Deu2000

>relax and try to rememer something

WHAM

> Relax and try to rememer something

You stare off into space, your mind wandering. If repeating familiar actions is supposed to bring back lost memories, this probably means that narcotics misuse was not a regular part of your past.
You are unusually aware of your heartbeat for some reason, it feels slow and powerful, like a hammer pounding at your chest, and the silence of the room around you seems to make the thumping in your chest even more pronounced. You can also hear your own breath wheezing in your lungs. You feel a little bit dizzy.

selmiak

>go out and find the party ladies

> try to stand up... slowly...

Victor6

Just a couple of suggestions for when we're done crawling around.

- Take the syringe with you - potential improv weapon. \ take a first aid kit (one with a fresh syringe if there is one) - It's a box. While I doubt it'll make any extra room in our pockets, it provides a safe way to carry dangerous \ fragile items.
- Check the fusebox next to the door (carefully)

oraxon

Hi, all. I'm new to this grand adventure, but may I suggest...

"put finger into throat and induce vomiting"

if we are OD'ing - we have a slowed heartbeat, trouble breathing, and dizzyness - and our eyes have changed color, indicating shrunken pupils?
that may slow absorption of morphine into system. or so says the internets.

Deu2000

Internet also tells Do not induce vomit

selmiak

so maybe we should just
order a pizza, turn on TV, lay down in recovery position and wait till the morphine wears off and guy feels better...

Ghost

We could dream of lemurs and hope WHAM is up to a Disney Acid Sequence.

WHAM

> Try to stand up... slowly...

You carefully stumble to your feet, and though you wobble a bit from side to side and are smiling like a moron, you appear to have gained enough muscular control to stand up. You feel some shortness of breath, that doesn't seem to go away no matter how hard you try to breathe in.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk