The fall of European Undersea Facility 02 [FINISHED]

Started by WHAM, Sat 06/08/2011 22:02:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: selmiak on Fri 28/09/2012 18:13:02
so, he can barely move, the oxygen tank is empty and the mask nowhere to be found... think people, think before making the next move! Or chapter 8 - the otherworld is closer than you think!
I still think that that's DIFFERENT oxygen tank!
I mentioned this in one of my posts above. There was ONE tank with the character and ANOTHER, broken one, on the floor. If you look closely to the screenshots, you'll see the guy fallen right there. I suppose that the character (lead by my command) have found a broken one.
Perhaps we need to formulate an action to seek for the tank in other place, like pants or belt, or somewhere there... somewhere...
I just wasn't too sure what to say, 'cause I haven't read everything and may miss something.

E: Or maybe I am totally wrong? Okay I don't know. :-X
The more I re-read previous posts the more I think this was mistake to make such conclusion...

WHAM

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 28/09/2012 18:20:58
I still think that that's DIFFERENT oxygen tank!

To clarify, since I should probably have clarified. There is only one oxygen tank in reach and it is the one you wore when you arrived, and it is now broken.
The other one that was on the floor when you arrived, broke when it was used to smash a lock.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: WHAM on Fri 28/09/2012 18:39:22
To clarify, since I should probably have clarified. There is only one oxygen tank in reach and it is the one you wore when you arrived, and it is now broken.
The other one that was on the floor when you arrived, broke when it was used to smash a lock.
Yeah... looks like I am thinking too hard.

So, what is it in inventory? A bag of some food(?), a screwdriver with some blue sticky stuff on it, a spanner and some fuses.

selmiak

is the whole O2tank broken or just the hose thingy. I mean, if there were a hole in the hose this could this be fixed with the blue stuff.

WHAM

Well, the hose is torn. You could try a repair and see what happens.
I won't stop you :)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: selmiak on Fri 28/09/2012 22:20:32
is the whole O2tank broken or just the hose thingy. I mean, if there were a hole in the hose this could this be fixed with the blue stuff.
Well, that depends on how it works. If there's a valve (clapper) where hose connects to the tank and it opens only by breath (which produces difference in atmosphere pressure), then there's a chance oxygen still in the tank.

But have anyone ever bothered to check that, or ask WHAM? :)

E: There's actually a way to test this: breath from the hose directly (I think). If we just had little more time for experiments...

WHAM

> -

You consciousness begins to fade. The smoke in the air causes you to cough and retch, and the chilling cold locks the joints of your fingers.

Tabata

Only one more try! 

What shall we do ???
Can we get some air that is still left in the tank from the inventory somehow?
If the mask is missing, maybe we can simply stick the hose to the nose to be able to breathe and calm down (and get out of there)?
Where are all our intelligent players?

Come on â€" now you can show your brilliance â€" we need a lifesaver over here urgently!  8-0

Crimson Wizard

Heh, I didn't knew there's time limit for command... others should knew though.

Quote from: Tabata on Sat 29/09/2012 14:41:47
Where are all our intelligent players?

I think a question is rather "who is going to take responsibility killing the character with incorrect move".
And since it definitely looks like no one seem to want this honour, I propose following. +1 this, propose different option, or wait and see if I killed the guy :/ :

Unfortunately WHAM did not describe what is the "tear in the tube" feels like, so I have to use condition:
A. If the tube is just torn into two parts, then:
> Use all the rest of your strength to put the correct (heh) end of the tube (the one that goes from the tank) into your mouth, grip your teeth and take a deep breath.
B. If the tube has a hole in it's surface, then:
> Use all the rest of your strength to put the damaged part of the tube into mouth, grip your teeth and take a deep breath.

NOTE: I used mouth and not nose, becuase by the looks of the tube I wasn't sure it may fit into nose hole.

WHAM

> Use all the rest of your strength to put the damaged part of the tube into mouth, grip your teeth and take a deep breath

You try to move your arms to grab hold of the damaged tube, but you are too far gone.
Your body feels like it's cast out of iron and your brain is too sluggish to force the muscles to act.
A momentary panic comes over you as you realize the finality of your situation, but it's too little too late.
Your eyes close on their own accord...

You hopelessly gasp for air, but only manage to release what little gas was left in your lungs.
You feel hollow and cold.

Funny, they say your whole life flashes before your eyes just before the end...

If so, then why are your final thoughts riddled with nothing but the sensation of longing, the feeling you missed something, something you had wanted for all your life.
Something lost forever...

The blue sky and the warmth of the sun...

Grass...

. . . . .

This interactive adventure, inspired by mspaintadventures.com, was brought to you by WHAM, together with:
Domithan, Dualnames, Baron, Grim, Domino, Tabata, Prozail, Arj0n, TomatoesInTheHead, NickyNyce, Armageddon, -=Lisa=-, Jim Reed, Cat, Ghost, RetroJay, Wonkyth, Peder Johnsen, Ryan Timothy, ddq, Calin Leafshade, Jonez, kconan, Babar, Wyz, veryweirdguy, Ponch, gameboy, BlueAngel, NsMn, Cleanic, Sonny Bonds, LUniqueDan, Tuomas, Bogdan, kaputtnik, Lt. Smash, Lord Hemlock, DrewCCU, Darkdan, Noctambulo, Sane Co., icey games, Victor6, Eric, Frodo, Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens, Keith Keiser, Joshy, Big GC, Bulbapuck, Deu2000, oraxon, LTGiants2000, NightHawk, shirt, fred7162, Crimson Wizard, selmiak and anyone else I may or may not have forgotten to mention!

All the materials used in the creation of this game can be found at: http://www.whamgames.com/game/release.zip

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer. I will be keeping some things secret, though, as I might one day return to this storyline in one form or another. :)

I'm already planning a new game that I will start up some time in the near future, moderators willing, so look forward to that!

Crimson Wizard

Yes, I do have a question actually: was there actually a solution to this last situation or not.

Tabata

My guess that we have left one try only was done, because each of the previous actions cost us a life point (to be seen in the bottom bar).
There was only one left.

Referring to the inventory on that last screen with one „lifepoint“ there still was oxygen (and a hose).
If we had lost the tank it couldn't be shown there (so oxygen in the bottle which we carry with us was present) - it might be a bug in the game, but why not try to use an item that is shown when there is no other idea :D

In any case I defend Crimson for his heroish "jumping into the lake".

… and SALUTE to WHAM for bringing this adventure to us.
Well done! 
Thank you so much for this nice experience!

Hope to see our hero again (maybe in his afterlife or when he got saved by someone or …)

Edit:
Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 29/09/2012 17:09:35
Yes, I do have a question actually: was there actually a solution to this last situation or not.
Yes, please tell us! I'd like to know that, too!

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Tabata on Sat 29/09/2012 17:10:01
Referring to the inventory on that last screen with one „lifepoint“ there still was oxygen (and a hose).
The bar is red there, which means either no oxygen, or very little oxygen, or that character simply thinks it is empty (but does not know for sure).

In any case I defend Crimson for his heroish "jumping into the lake".
It wasn't heroish, it was desperate. According to description the guy couldn't move much, hence there's little he could do. In fact I was nearly sure he won't manage to do what I told too.

Tabata

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 29/09/2012 17:26:17
The bar is red there, which means either no oxygen, or very little oxygen, or that character simply thinks it is empty (but does not know for sure).

Hey WHAM!
... but somehow I suspected this might happen and therefor made a little screenshot to be able to proof you
that I am not blind and to tell my dear WHAM that he is ...

WHAM

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 29/09/2012 17:09:35

No, Chapter 7 was not survivable due to past events in earlier chapters.

Quote from: Tabata on Sat 29/09/2012 17:55:38
Hey WHAM!
... but somehow I suspected this might happen and therefor made a little screenshot to be able to proof you

Yes, I messed up and fixed it as soon as I noticed it. Sorry for confusion, Tabs. :)

Eric

I'll look back through the thread. I have a bunch of questions, but the one I wonder most about was Andrei's past with Emma. Can you flesh out the details we didn't dig up?

WHAM

I could post a short description of all the characters in the game so far later tonight.

Eric

>Post a short description of all the characters in the game so far later tonight

+1

Fred7162

Quote from: Eric on Sat 29/09/2012 19:27:53
>Post a short description of all the characters in the game so far later tonight

+1
+1

WHAM

Anything else you guys want to know more about? Feel free to specify more things you want info on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk