6 Days a Sacrifice

Started by Rui 'Trovatore' Pires, Thu 25/01/2007 08:00:15

Previous topic - Next topic

SSH

Someone should create a games page for this...

m0ds

AGA normally does it, doesn't he? I haven't really seen him on the forums much lately, though.

RE the game, I've played up to Day 2 and I'm really enjoying it so far! I'm glad this one is a point and click. The art and animation is really nice, the storyline is very involving too. Yahtzee states that if you haven't played the other games you won't understand this installment, but I've played it and I haven't completed the other three games - and it still makes quite a bit of sense. Well, enough to know what to do at least ;) Good work Yahtzee.

Snake

Yeah, he's a hell of a story writer. I finished it earlier this morning. This is what I posted on his forums:

Just finished.
All I've got to say is, WOW. This has got to be the best series I've ever played. It's always got you on you're toes and got you thinking throughout the entire thing - which is the best thing an adventure game can offer. Truly loved it.
It's sad to know that 6DAS is the last of the series, but at the same time it's great since Yahtzee can work on more projects (hopefully horror) and finally put this series to rest before it had a chance to get old.

"A" fucking "++" !

Last night I played for a bit and was in the middle of Day Four when I saved and quit. I opened up 5DAS and played that for a while which I haven't played since the follow-ups. After playing the rest of the games, playing 5DAS again brings on a whole new atmosphere - it's incredible how it made me feel... it was more EERIE and draws you in a bit more. It's hard to explain since I'm an idiot when it comes to words.

But anyway, I plan on playing all of them again. And most likely again after that.

Thank you, Yahtzee, for one hell of an experience.

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Jon

Just finished, this is already a big favourite for the next AGS awards!

Brilliant stuff.

aussie

I finished it in one sitting! I must say the plot beats me, but the game is great.

Does anyone else feel Yahtzee is kinda drifting towards making interactive movies?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

Jonez

6das is definitely the best one from the four games. I was just wondering that he could make just one last game from Trilby. Only this one would be all the four games in one large package. (This is for Yahtzee if he's reading) This may be too far stretched, but something like this: What if in this final game you would play each day from each game before the 2nd day? It might be a good idea, but it also might be too confusing for the player.

Snake

6DAS is definately the final game in the series. Don't want to draw it out much longer, it'll just get old quick.
There are some people that are making a remake of 5DAS, in free-roaming 1st person. Sounds like it'll be pretty cool and they're keeping it as an adventure game. Yahtzee assures that it's not a shoot-em-up - which would intensly blow.

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Svartberg

Man I love those games, thanks a lot to Yahtzee for those nighttime adventure games :)

Though I feel a bit daft, I simply didn't get the ending :(
If anyone finished and got it, please read the hidden text below, thanks ;)

Spoiler
What was the big punchline at the ending - why did the whole events take place ?
And who was that black cloaked prince, and what does he have to do with anything ?

Please reply using the [ hide ] tags, thanks.
[close]

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

As for who was that black cloaked prince... well...

Spoiler
He's the Prince, once Cabadath. Remember him from Trilby's Notes? It's understandable if you missed him in Notes, after all he's merely central to the plot. ;)
[close]

As for why, I asked that myself. There's some theories over at the FR forum, but I prefer this community, elitist bastard that I am.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Sythe

Quote from: Svartberg on Fri 26/01/2007 23:21:05
Man I love those games, thanks a lot to Yahtzee for those nighttime adventure games :)

Though I feel a bit daft, I simply didn't get the ending :(
If anyone finished and got it, please read the hidden text below, thanks ;)

Spoiler
What was the big punchline at the ending - why did the whole events take place ?
And who was that black cloaked prince, and what does he have to do with anything ?

Please reply using the [ hide ] tags, thanks.
[close]

Spoiler

Yeah I wasn't paying enough attention to the story line either. I think it went something like this. The events in the future and past and present are all interconnected because the god of pain sees future present and past all at the same time.

The events were so 'powerful' they sent 'ripples' of weakness back through time. Where the ripples built a standing wave (in the present) an especially weak spot occured between the dimensions. The bomb tore the gateway at this point and the character you play is taken across to become the new prince.

I can't remember how the old prince was enstated but I think its supposed to be symbolic of a feedback loop.

One thing that did annoy me about the game is the 4 pointed star. I think it is pretty much common knowledge, and commonly expected, that satanism in any form uses some nature of pentagon (usually upside down.) Obviously he was just trying to be different, but I think the star still should have been a pentagon.
[close]

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Re the 4 pointed star - but the cult isn't about satanism. It's about worshipping Chzo. It's a whole different matter. It's not a catholic deal, it's a more pagan and/or esoteric deal. Just because we perceive Chzo to be evil doesn't automatically make him Satan.

Kneel. Now.

LocutusofBored

The punchline is this:

Spoiler
"And the arrogant man knew the name of the King." In Trilby's notes, whenever someone died, they "knew the name of the King". The arrogant man, or the tall man was the main bad guy in Trilby's notes, and now he has been usurped by the new baddie. So the pun is that the bad guy got his. I guess you really had to play the other games to get the point.
[close]

[Cameron]

Hmmm... finished it last night. Definatley not the best. 5DAS a stranger totally kicks it's ass. I felt this game was a bit weak, personally I felt the story raised questions rather than put them to rest, which I believe was the intended purpose of the piece. Anyway, I felt this was a weak outing, and it could have been done so much better.

Stupot

Bloody hell... I was about to go to bed...
I suppose I'll just play it for a little while.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Locotus, that IS a punchline of sorts, but it still doesn't help us understand why everything took place.

Spoiler
I'm sure Chzo didn't want to create the bridge to play a joke on the bad guy, which wasn't even the bad guy for him - 'twas his Prince
[close]

Kneel. Now.

Akatosh

Is it just me or was the only game you really, really, really had to play Trilby's Notes? I mean, okay, you understand a bit more of the plot if you played 5DAS and 7DAS before, but the whole Chzo/Tall Man/Realm/Dungeon stuff was in Trilby's Notes! Alas, the net result after the whole plot:

Spoiler

* John DeFoe is dead now. Really. This time seriously. Totally.
* Chzo has a new servant. And Trilby.
* There now is something like the "caretaker" enforcing destiny's will.
* The realms are, again, seperated and it doesn't look like there will be another bridge soon.
[close]

There is one thing I noticed, though, that doesn't seem to fit.

Spoiler

In 5DAS Trilby uses magic twice, if you remember. But, as it seems, that realm he lives in is the "Scientific Realm", isn't it? And in 6DAS, it is said that "the Scientific Realm has not the slightest background magick". Why did the wraith summoning / body tracing work in 5DAS? Or is Trilby living in the "magick realm" and I just didn't get it? How can there be something like the Mephistopheles, then, if it's not the scientific realm?
[close]

BunnyMilk

Love x

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Akatosh, there's two theories there.

1st:

Spoiler
John DeFoe had already been struck dead by the idol, and had merged with the wood already, or whatever the hell it was it did. So the magick in him was probably already affecting the house. Which also explains why no one could get out, and all. Which also explains how all those events could happen in 7 Days, in the Scientific Realm.
[close]

2nd, and the one I think is truest:

Spoiler
Yahtzee made 5 Days as a ghost story and didn't think of tying it all up in some grand manner until Notes, and then in Notes he tried to make it look as though it were all planned from the first, and did it in such a way that we can now actually find sense in a chronology where, frankly, the first two games did not relate to the later-introduced background at all.
[close]

;D

Kneel. Now.

TheCheese33

After I played Seven Days a Skeptic, I almost attacked anyone who went into my room, thinking they were possessed by the Welder.

After I played Trilby's Notes, I would (and still do) shiver when anyone mentioned a "tall man".

Hell, I don't know what this game'll do to me, but I can't wait to find out.  ;D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
need...More...WOUND!

AnT hook

Defenetly the best AGS series. While the last part wasn't up to the standarts of 5DAS or TN, it still looks very good and professional. And original. Original stories are so rare today, and Yahtzee managed to come up with a whole new concept. I hope he will continue to create dark stories and univerces. He's so good at it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk