A Cure for the Common Cold

Started by MashPotato, Sat 13/01/2007 15:53:12

Previous topic - Next topic

MashPotato

Thanks for the kind comments, I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

ManicMatt

Thanks!

(She was talking about my last game, obviously)

Eva

I've enjoyed it too. For a change i've played a game that's logical, some games require a bit of guessing and a lot of questions, but not this one - excellent!

Peder 🚀

After a long time I managed to download it a couple of days ago!

And I had finally some time to play it today!

I must say this is a lovely game!
The music fit really good with the game and the art was lovely!

A really good game!

Looking forward for your next game!

ciborium

Spoiler
Being from the central US, I don't handle that many Canadian coins, so I don't know for sure of what material they are made.Ã,  However, I always thought they were aluminum, being lighter than our US copper-zinc coins, and also trom the sound they make when they hit other coins.Ã,  So anyway, what I'm getting to here is, I rejected the idea of using the magnet to get the coins out of the sink because I didn't think they were magnetic (aluminum and US coins aren't.)Ã,  I didn't try the magnet until I just started using items with items, and it stuck to the gummy stick.Ã,  I'm still not sure Canadian coins are magnetic.Ã,  I'll have to check the next time I get some.
[close]

Otherwise, it's a very nice little game.

Spoiler
I especially like beating the lumps out of the matress with the make-shift billy-club.Ã,  Now that would have been a good place for some quality animation.
[close]

iSTVAN

Very appealing little game you've made here MashPotato.

Normally I'd say that the main character sprite is too large for an adventure game, but you've managed to handle him and his surroundings nicely- and further more with style. Reminds me slightly of the style of a Cartoon Network toon 'Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends.'

It was surprisingly fun to experience the world of a depressed artist. Quite an original spin and I like the understatement of completing such mundane, daily tasks. The music was also well suited and puzzles logical, if a little too simple. All I could really ask for is MORE!

(PS. In my mind I'd like to think that the 'homeless man in the box' line was a reference to my game, but that's most likely wishful thinking on my behalf).

MashPotato

Thanks, all :)

Quote from: ciborium on Sun 21/01/2007 13:19:52
Spoiler
Being from the central US, I don't handle that many Canadian coins, so I don't know for sure of what material they are made.  However, I always thought they were aluminum, being lighter than our US copper-zinc coins, and also trom the sound they make when they hit other coins.  So anyway, what I'm getting to here is, I rejected the idea of using the magnet to get the coins out of the sink because I didn't think they were magnetic (aluminum and US coins aren't.)  I didn't try the magnet until I just started using items with items, and it stuck to the gummy stick.  I'm still not sure Canadian coins are magnetic.  I'll have to check the next time I get some.
[close]
Spoiler
Yes, I double-checked this to be sure when Strange Visitor brought it up; all Canadian coins are magnetic (except pennies), and searching on-line I found that a good number of other countries (UK, New Zealand, European Union, Brazil, etc.) also have some  magnetic coins.  I realize it might not have been completely fair to Americans, but the puzzle was already coded and since it still technically "worked", I left it in and just specified that the coins were Canadian.
[close]

Quote from: iSTVAN on Sun 21/01/2007 13:50:22
(PS. In my mind I'd like to think that the 'homeless man in the box' line was a reference to my game, but that's most likely wishful thinking on my behalf).
Haha, you'd have to ask Strange Visitor, that was his line ;)
Unfortunately, I am really behind on my game playing, and that includes Sydney Finds Employment :-[

Play_Pretend

Heh...it was honestly just spur-of-the-moment creativity...I don't think I've ever played Sydney Finds Employment. :)

Edit:  Double-heh!  I just played it, great job man.  I'm totally going to put it in for some 2006 nominations. :)

CosmoQueen

Your first game huh?? It certainly doesn't seem like it. I LOVED it! It was really funny and the graphics were INCREDIBLE!!!

You did such a wonderful job! Please make another game soon!
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

TheCheese33

I've been following your WIP game The Hatmaker's Tale with great delight. I really loved this game. In fact, it's got me even more excited! Don't give up! I really wanna play that. I'm looking forward to this, ManiacMatt's next game and DNG2 with great anticipation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
need...More...WOUND!

MashPotato

Thank you Cosmo and Cheese, and work on Hatmaker will be continued again shortly :)

Ali

This was a lovely short game. The graphics were charming and the puzzles were particularly nice. I liked the way that my goals were obvious, but I had to think in order to reach them.The best part for me was...

Spoiler
...learning that Canadian money, like some British coins, is magnetic. Hurrah for ferrous currency!
[close]

Sadly, my post must also turn into a "now get back to work!" reply. Looking forward to the Hatmaker's Tale!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Just finished playing this. Very good, loved the atmosphere. Most of the humour actually made me laugh out loud, if not chuckle, which doesn't happen all that often. So thank you for making me smile. :)
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

MashPotato

Strange Visitor should really get back in this thread and take a bow :).  Thanks for all your kind comments!

Quote from: Ali on Mon 29/01/2007 10:52:50
Spoiler
...learning that Canadian money, like some British coins, is magnetic. Hurrah for ferrous currency!
[close]
Yes, Huzzah! ;D

UPDATE: Thanks to Cinfa, an Italian translation is now available!  So if you have some Italian friends, want to brush up on your Italian, or want to learn some Italian, "Una Cura per il Comune Rafreddore" is ready for download :)

Play_Pretend

Erhm...okay, Mash, if you say so...

*takes a bow and ties it hesitantly in his hair*

Is it me?

Heh...what with my month-long continuous string of illness, maybe I should do voice-recording for this game before the amoxicillin kills my character believability. :)

Seriously, thanks for all the compliments, folks...it was a great time working on this game with MashPotato, and I'm glad you all enjoyed it so much.  ;D

AdamM

Brilliant game, despite the obvious plagiarism.Ã,  ;)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Sure, obvious plagiarism. It's not as though the red-and-yellow background hasn't been done to death, or people can have, god forbid, shirts that are the same colour as lab coats (white! Good grief, who *ever* wears white!) or hair that is the same colour.

;)
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Stupot

I've just downloaded this beauty... bit late I know.Ã,  But I thought now was the time to play it as I have a stinking cold right now and hopefully this game will provide the solution.
I'll give some feedback when I've finished.

[EDIT]
Yay, short but sweet... I don't feel any better and I've got work at 1, so I won't be painting any masterpeices any time soon.

Buckethead

Maybe I should try this game now that I have a cold  :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk