Santa Claus Down

Started by , Wed 24/12/2008 00:19:13

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Santa Claus Down!

Wishing you a merry Christmas, with something random

VERSION 1 - it's christmas so it's gotta be released version
* You may encounter transparent characters at one point. They're drunk, ignore them.
* Right clicking some inventory items activates them. For others, it does sod all
* Animations are low quality and have some shadow problems.
* Undertaking the Assassin mission & completing it probably won't show success screen
* Spelling mistakes aplenty I'm sure
* Not all SFX are in there...s*** there's still a lot to do! :p

When Santa is shot down over New Mexico it's up to
Sgt. Jones to head in by air and track him down,
taking out the persistent terrorist force preventing
him from rescusing the most important person in the
world along the way.

Visit Mt. Bryce

With literally minutes of Santa's life at stake it's
time to take up your side-arm and fend off the foes
in this advent adventure before Christmas is ruined
for everyone!

The game is 25mb as it features 10mb of original music
and 50 pre-rendered (uh oh!) graphics. But don't count
your chickens! :p This game has been
rush-made over the past 3 or 4 weeks for Christmas. I
have a couple of other Xmas games that need to see the
light of day but this is sadly not their year.

Terrorists want your blood

This game is a first person point & click adventure
inspired by Rainbow Six: Vegas. I've been playing that
game and thoroughly enjoying it on the X-Box but as soon
as I became stuck the only solution I could find was
to make my own "Rainbow Six" kind of game.

It's very thick clothing

When I think about it, it's quite a shame that twenty
years ago a PC owner would have effectively had all the
tools they needed to create a worthy commercial title,
but in this day and age you need to somehow get in with
a studio and gain the rights to the most expensive 3D
engine out there. Oh, and be making games for consoles.

'Santa Claus Down' is a classic first person point &
click adventure and I'm happy to say my first ever
personal complete game. Every aspect, bar the character
images, belongs to me - which is a good feeling!

http://www.screen7.co.uk/games/download/santaclausdown_v1.zip

The player is required to switch between "Your hand" and
"Your gun", so that you can pick up objects and also take
down suspects. This game is nothing like Rainbow Six, but
if it was there would also be a night vision button :p

Click the "B" button to load the brief, which will give
you a hint as to what you should be doing. Beside that
you will find the LOAD and SAVE buttons. Click 'em to open.

Right click on your objects in the inventory for a further
description about them. You can right click your PDA for
more options including SFX, MUSIC, TIME LIMIT & QUIT GAME.

[shot with menu gfx]

I hope to create another 1st person adventure game to
sell for a few dollars. If you're in support then please
drop me an email to mark@screen7.co.uk - I won't do it
without your support, so send me some suggestions too.

Please visit my website & donate for future games :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE SCREEN 7 CREW

Visit my MIDI webpage at www.screen7.co.uk/music/midi
for all my music & donations. Making a game? Ask me.

CREDITS:

DESIGN, CODING, 3D ART & MUSIC by
Mark J Lovegrove

CERTAIN INSPIRATION by
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Nikolas Sedris

THANKS to
Curious Labs
Beth, Josh & Theo Jones
JD Wetherspoon
Chris Jones (AGS)

MERRY CHRISTMAS to
Francesquo Gonzalerz
Erec Forstyne
Ryan Dickhead
Erin Boobsavich
Davy Malest
Moke Diak
Joseph Dickperla
Dave Giblet
and
TEH AGS COMMUNITY

PRODUCED BY
Screen 7

www.screen7.co.uk

NO MUSIC BY
Dualnames

CHARACTER ART COULD'VE BEEN MADE BY
Farlander

SAT ON HIS ASS & DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT THIS PROJECT
Tom D. Simpson

WASN'T INVOLVED AT ALL, EVEN IN MARKETTING, AND THAT'S A GOOD THING
Kerry Katona

F*** OFF, STOP READING THIS
You

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1117

Dualnames

I hope people enjou my no music. It was hard composing 3 trillion tracks , and it was harder to select from another 567 quadrilion, I just composed for this game yesterday.  ;D Congrats for me...oh.. and mods.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ghost

'tis a hilarious game indeed. Perfect... chrismas shiz, if you catch my drift  ;)
Thanks for giving, because
Spoiler
... now I have the perfect, family-proof excuse to skip the turkey and stay in me ole room... playing games.
[close]

m0ds

Thanks, have fun with it - and have a good Christmas!!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

How does it feel to finally finish a game after all these years?  :=

I will play it now!

Edit:  It would go a long way to being fair if the cursor turned into the gun immediately on entering areas with enemies, since you can get shot a bunch of times before reaching the gun icon.  I actually beat the game with about 2 health left because I kept getting sucker-shot.  It was a fun but very weird game!

m0ds

Thanks Progz, I did think about that - but I couldnn't incorporate a way to yield your weapon and move onto the next screen in time. I don't even know if there's a logical way of doing it, but I do understand. Also, why is the machine gunner have loads of health and everyone else no? Who knows! :P Thanks for playing, please comment on its games page!!!

Oh, PS, beating the final guy with 2 health is exactly what I hoped would happen for some people, so I'm really glad that DID happen for you! Everything is just set to random, for the hell of it :P On my first full play I too was one or two shots away from death but still won. The second time, I had loads of health. I'm glad you got the "full" experience.

Oh, and it feels great :) But not as great as it would if some people commented on its game page :P You're going to see some more shit through 2009 but I assure you their storylines will not be thought out in a pub over 6 pints. ;)

The storyline needed some major tweaks, does Santa still say his daughter has been kidnapped? I was supposed to take that out, there will be a version 1.1 I guess.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

No, I don't think he said anything about a daughter.  Why can't you just have it set the cursor to gun on the screens with enemies, though?

m0ds

Because you're supposed to be 31337 remember!! Your last name is JONES!!!

:P

jetxl

Wow, m0ds finished a game?

m0ds

No, he smoked a pipe and it made itself  :=

ps. It's first person. Does that qualify as a game? :p

qptain Nemo

Haha, the game is so silly but of course I liked it. That's a nice gift for Christmas. Thanks, Mods!
Especially I liked that random sexy female elf of course  :=
Spoiler
But wait, what the hell does the button "sand" in the baloon do? Does Jones get some sand from nowhere while flying in the middle of air?  :D
[close]

m0ds

Hahaha!!! Yes, I am dumb remember so I couldn't remember what you do to lower a balloon. Is it "drop ballast" really? Maybe you can't even lower a balloon very easily :p But for the purposes of the game I thought it was best that you could. That puzzle does, afterall, suck quite hard. Thanks for playing :)

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Mods on Wed 31/12/2008 13:11:21
Hahaha!!! Yes, I am dumb remember so I couldn't remember what you do to lower a balloon.

I couldn't help but notice this..  I was once I a balloon before.  To lower it, the 'pilot' (yes that is what they call them), stops pulling on the liquid propane gas cord as often.  Balloon gets colder.  And he uses ropes that open vents on the sides of the balloon to steer it in the direction he chooses.  Then just moments before landing he gives the balloon a nice shot of hot air to kind of balance it out and give a nice delicate and graceful landing. 
Yay and I didn't die!  (and no sand bags ever touched the balloon, not even in the preparation for liftoff. Which I had to help for.)  I think they usually just use sandbags when there isn't anyone sitting in the basket during the filling of hot air while it's laying on the ground (if the passengers didn't crawl into the bucket like I had to while it was laying on it's side).

Anyway, congratulations on finishing your 'first' full game, whether it was a FPS or not. :P

qptain Nemo

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Wed 31/12/2008 19:42:55
I couldn't help but notice this..  I was once I a balloon before.  To lower it, the 'pilot' (yes that is what they call them), stops pulling on the liquid propane gas cord as often.  Balloon gets colder.  And he uses ropes that open vents on the sides of the balloon to steer it in the direction he chooses.  Then just moments before landing he gives the balloon a nice shot of hot air to kind of balance it out and give a nice delicate and graceful landing.
Well, you know what? It's realistic and boring. Come and try to explain how the hell balloon is lowered in Mods' game using infinite sandbags from nowhere!  :=

m0ds

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Wed 31/12/2008 19:42:55
Quote from: Mods on Wed 31/12/2008 13:11:21
Hahaha!!! Yes, I am dumb remember so I couldn't remember what you do to lower a balloon.

Yay and I didn't die!  (and no sand bags ever touched the balloon, not even in the preparation for liftoff. Which I had to help for.)  I think they usually just use sandbags when there isn't anyone sitting in the basket during the filling of hot air while it's laying on the ground (if the passengers didn't crawl into the bucket like I had to while it was laying on it's side).

Anyway, congratulations on finishing your 'first' full game, whether it was a FPS or not. :P

Gotcha, thanks! I intended to have my first balloon trip in 2006 but it didnt happen. So maybe this year! A boat action sequence would have been far cooler but this was all I could think of...total rip off of FoA I hasten to add :P But thanks for playing, I appreciate that!! I'm yet to play Ryan Racer ;)

Nemo, thanks! Sometimes ambiguity is best...I should've had a "pop balloon" button instead I guess ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk