An English Haunting - Out Now!

Started by Postmodern Adventures, Wed 22/05/2024 21:24:21

Previous topic - Next topic

A fascinanting journey through the London of 1907 in search for supernatural activity.
A point 'n click adventure with seances, phantasmagories, experimental devices to capture ghosts and haunted houses!

FEATURES:

- 320x180 graphics.
- Game solely based on inventory and dialogue puzzles.
- Single click interface.
- Take a break during the gameplay and visit a theater to watch a silent movie or read horror stories in Rowan's Rare Books.
- From the author of Urban Witch Story, Billy Masters Was Right and Nightmare Frames.

heltenjon

Congratulations to you on the release, and to all of us for having this available. Lucky us!  ;-D

The Last To Know

If you still have doubts as to whether this is another masterpiece or not, you are welcome to take a look at my game review: https://www.dasklapptsonicht.de/an-english-haunting/

If you need a translation, please use the online translator you trust.  :-D

Yanek_Crispbread

Congratulations! It's a great game, love the style :D
Correlation is not causation.

Cogliostro

Five and a half hours into the game - nearly done - and it is a thing of beauty!

Congratulations!
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

AbsurdumCodice

It is simply one of the best graphic adventures I have ever played.
The story is tremendous, the characters are written with great care and the setting is captured in incredible detail. It is a long game with a lot of events and locations, which nevertheless feels fluid at all times thanks to the great puzzle design. It brought back memories of the legendary "The lost files of Sherlock Homes" :)
In short, a wonderful adventure. Congratulations!!!

Dave Gilbert

Oooh been looking forward to this one!

agentbauer

THis is definitly one of the best adventure games I played in the last few years since Unawowed.
Great story, wonderful music, nice puzzles, even some are optional, good characters and great dialogues.
Only thing, could have been longer and do you plan doing a sequel, after THAT ending?
Roger Wilco Rules
NEW HOMEPAGE: http://spacequestiv5.pytalhost.at
Space Quest IV.5 Version 3.00 is finally done, check it out:
http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=40735.msg538357;boardseen#new

Quote from: agentbauer on Fri 07/06/2024 09:23:40Only thing, could have been longer and do you plan doing a sequel, after THAT ending?

It's just a shocking ending. There are no plans for a sequel. There are so many more stories to tell and so little time! :-D

MIGGO

Thank you for the experience!

The game shines in its writing. You've really nailed the period. The characters backstories are deep and engaging, Beatrice Shaw probably being my favorite. I loved the Arthur Conan Doyle digression, it was very well paced into the story.

The puzzles of the game made great use of the limitations of that era, I'm thinking of the newspaper clipping office here but there were others as well. I think they helped create the illusion of being in early 20th century Britain.

The graphics are great with a lot of attention to ambiance such as fog, lighting, pedestrians and carriages passing by and, my personal favorite, butterflies! So yes, from the streets of London to the moors of Scotland the environment is bustling.

The orchestral music suits the era very well and it's fittingly scary and dramatic.

The one thing I did take issue with from the very beginning was the single-click interface, though. I felt a bit disempowered as I couldn't get any extra hints through examining. I couldn't make mistakes by forgetting to examine something either, which, as it may lessen frustration, also takes away a degree of agency.

All in all, thanks again! Definitely one of my highlights for the year!
What is Palace Cheese?
A dodge move in Romanian swordplay.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk