Chinese Checkers

Started by mintymint, Tue 02/10/2007 09:22:38

Previous topic - Next topic

mintymint

Hi all,

I just finished my game.

It's not an adventure game, but it's a board game, called Chinese Checkers.

Spend some time with your family and friends to play this game. Or you can even play against computer.

For those who is not familiar with the game, tutorial is included in the game. :)

Based on a traditional board game, Chinese Checkers or Stern-Halma is a simple, fun, and easy game to play. It's a perfect game to spent your free time with your family and friends.

Please note that the computer AI is only based on my logic, not based on any AI algorithm, so, it won't be so intelligent.. but I think it could be fun as well.. :P

Note: This game is offline game. So, you can use keyboard also for 2 or 3 players game.

I hope you enjoy this game..  Any comments, critics, suggestion are highly appreciated.. ;)

Thank you.. -mintymint

Download it here (1.5 Mb)
Visit the game website

RedBlob

Very cool. It must have been a challenge to script? We will check it out.

radiowaves

Aah, this I will definately check out! I used to play this board game as a kid with my brother and father.

Edit:

Ok, played it, easy as a pie. But please make a version where there is no awful music, best of all if no music at all :P
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

mchammer

Just had very close match with AI and i beated it, so i feel like a really smart guy right now.  :)
My 40 bullets - An action/war game.

Ghost

Amazing, yet another quality AGS abuse! I used to play that as a kid, and your AI is quite good!

Gilbert

Quote from: radiowaves on Fri 05/10/2007 22:39:10
Ok, played it, easy as a pie. But please make a version where there is no awful music, best of all if no music at all :P

Can't you just setup the game and disable the musics? :P

mintymint

RedBlob : Yes, it's very challenging, especially scripting the AI. And it's really fun creating this game.. ;)

radiowaves : I'll compose better music in my next game.. :P anyway, you can turn off the music if you want by using the music control at bottom right panel.

mchammer : Nice to know that.. :D That's the feeling I want everyone felt when playing against the AI..

Ghost : Thank you. I'm glad you like it. ;) And, AGS is a really great game engine.. It even allowed me to create board game.. Thanks CJ!

Gilbot : Yes, that'll work also.. :)

Sparky

Wow, what a nice little surprise! I remember playing this game over and over with a childhood friend. She beat me every single time. But your friendly (and impressive) computer player kindly let me win.

Nice game!

P.S.- I'm making a game with the same grid type- what type of storage did you end up using for the grid? Is it a sheared square grid? A square grid with staggered rows? Something else entirely? Just curious.

mintymint

Sparky : Thanks.. Glad you like the game. Btw, I'm using 2D Array for the grid storage. I think for most board game with grids, 2d array is suitable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk