Celtic Chaos - episode two: fishermen's fiends

Started by Helme, Wed 24/02/2010 09:58:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Helme

The saga of the ancient celtic tribe continues with Celtic Chaos episode 2 : fishermen's fiends

After the adventure of Nektom, the strong, brave and stupid miner, the saga continues with Limfor, the slighly smarter and less strong and brave fisherman. Since the other celts never take Limfor with them when they pillage the nearest towns, he is chosen to bring an important message to the druid of the neighboring town. But it's not so easy for a Celt to be on a diplomatic mission...

abstauber

Yay! Congrats on finishing!!
Can't wait to play the final version ;D

Crimson Wizard

Do those names mean something? Limfor - from "lymph" (liquid) no? Or is it simply a coincidence?

Helme

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 24/02/2010 14:05:40
Limfor - from "lymph" (liquid) no? Or is it simply a coincidence?

Erm... that... was intended... erm...

No, really just a coincident. I named him Limfor in 'Cold Meat' long before I decieded to make him a fisherman.
But I really like it, when people see things, that are not intended.  ;D

kaputtnik

The little universe keeps expanding...Congratulations on releasing! And stay away from the mead, kids!
I, object.

Leon

Great game, once again. Congratulations. Nice puzzles!

Some little thingies:
Spoiler

- You can take a seedling twice
- You can use the cup on the cloud multiple times, even after you have a wet seedling.
- Typo when taking the plant (again): I'va --> I've
- Typo when walking with note: crossraods --> crossroads
- Typo when walking with note: lurrking --> lurking
- Typo when standing in front of the tree: defently --> definitely
- When you tie the carrot to the string and take another carrot, you have two. After fishing, you only have one but when tying the string back to the one you have, you have two again... magic!
- Haven't dug into this but when you throw the speer at the fish without luring, you lose the speer but you're not able to carve another one..?
[close]
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

sthomannch

blueskirt

Either I'm doing something wrong, either your game has a walking dead:
Spoiler
If you throw your spear at the fish when the fish is too far away, you'll lose the spear and won't be able to carve a second one.
[close]

Leon

You're right. That's what I said also (but hidden...) :-(
I'm afraid you have to restore a previous saved game or start again.

DrWhite

Quote from: blueskirt on Tue 02/03/2010 01:48:42
Either I'm doing something wrong, either your game has a walking dead:
Spoiler
If you throw your spear at the fish when the fish is too far away, you'll lose the spear and won't be able to carve a second one.
[close]

I wasn´t able to reproduce this walking dead, but I could just carve a new spear.
What exactly did you do before using the spear? 
I had to show the amber to the fish, otherwise Limor refused to throw the spear.

Leon

Alright, I've reproduced:

- cut a spear
- cut a rod
- show amber to fish (untied)
- throw spear

You're not able to cut another spear.

Helme

Hi Leon!

I think I know someone who should play-test my next game ;D

The 'spear-bug' is really strange. I couldn't find the reason but today I managed to reproduce it. Well, I couldn't solve it, so I worked arround it and there shouldn't be a dead end in the current version.

blueskirt

I stumbled on a second walking dead. I was walking in circle for a while, I finally looked at a walkthrough only to discover I needed to carve a second crutch to solve my puzzle, unfortunately, I can't carve anything else than dolls. I'll wait for the updated version before replaying the game.

As for the game, it's always a pleasure to see the crazy adventures these silly vikings and their doll carving and flower planting buddies get into. I can't wait to finish this episode and for the next one. :)

QuoteYou're right. That's what I said also (but hidden...) :-(
I'm afraid you have to restore a previous saved game or start again.
Oh. I didn't read it as I didn't want to spoil myself the game. In my defense however, I did search for the word "spear" before posting my message, but you mispelled it. ;)

Helme

Damn. I wonder why these problems didn't occur in the playtesting-time.

I did turn of the dialog options when you got the specific item, but it seems that the dialogs options won't be turned on again, when you lose the item.
Well, I added some lines to check wether you have the item or you don't, so if you don't have it, the options will be turned on. I didn't think that this is necessary.

Leon

Quote from: blueskirt on Thu 04/03/2010 04:27:26
In my defense however, I did search for the word "spear" before posting my message, but you mispelled it. ;)
Oops... native Dutch shining through here...    :-[

Funny thing, I didn't come across the second dead end though.. I was able to cut two crotches...
And I found out that for the first use of the crotch you can also use the branch without carving it. But that doesn't help you now. I can send you a save game around that point if you like..

@Helme:

It looks like the objects you carve  aren't put back to the options list (conversation) after you've used up the objects.. ?

[edit] Apparently you did ..  :)
[edit 2] Are you sure it's only turning on and off? Because you don't use up the other things you carve... so they don't have to disappear and reappear in the list...

Shadow1000

I don't know if this is the right place for this message but I really enjoyed this game!

The graphics were smooth and appropriate and the zany puzzles (at least the early puzzles were zany) were easy enough to get through and have a few laughs as the game progresses. Having the foreground move more slowly than the background gives it a nice touch.

Spoiler
I got till the part with the three statues without requiring a walkthrough. Even though I'm finished, I still don't see the logic of what item or combination of items has to be placed in front of each statue.
[close]

Great game! Many thanks to the author for about an hour of fun and many laughs.

Helme

Dualnames

Hey Helme, I tried to get my hands on the game, but the box.net link doesn't seem to work and I've tried it many times. Is it possible to have a look at it, or you know, add another link, perhaps Peder Johnsen can add this now to the game archive if not already.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

blueskirt

When you're on the Box download page, don't click on the download button in the middle of the page, click on the one in the top right corner and your download will start.

I think I'll give this game a second try today. I just hope the accidental walking deads have been solved.

Helme

Quote from: blueskirt on Sun 28/03/2010 17:32:22
I just hope the accidental walking deads have been solved.

They're solved.

Quote from: Dualnames on Sun 28/03/2010 14:10:41
Hey Helme, I tried to get my hands on the game, but the box.net link doesn't seem to work and I've tried it many times.

Both download options (in the middle and upper right) worked when I just tried them.

blueskirt

And I just finished the game! :D
It was great, I loved the ending and I can't wait to see the future antics these guys will run into.

Btw, what was that shepherd really doing with that kid?

Helme

Quote from: blueskirt on Wed 31/03/2010 05:22:47
Btw, what was that shepherd really doing with that kid?

Spoiler
Well, although Wortmut has a beard, both are teenagers at almost the same age. They just want to drink some mead without getting noticed by the adults.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk