(deleted)

Started by (deleted), Mon 23/01/2012 05:09:52

Previous topic - Next topic

(deleted)

(deleted)

Pikmeir

빨간 결단력 would be a literal translation (결단력 빨간아요 is incorrect), but it's awkward in Korean since it's strange in Korean to give something a property that it normally doesn't have (a color).
You might consider changing the game's title for Korean.
Game looks pretty cool though.

Pikmeir

빨간 세상에서의 의지 might be a better title for it. "Will from a red world." I see you'd like to put the word "red" in it, since the game's all colored red, so this would be one way to translate it keeping the meaning. But 결단력 would be okay too instead of 의지, it just makes it longer while 의지 is a similar meaning.

ThreeOhFour

I really enjoyed this! It's rockin, sockin', challenging but fun, and mysterious all at the same time. Lovely!

Ghost

I never played the original, but this... is good stuff. Charming bots, cool combat, and very RED!  ;)
Amazing how fluid everything is, the transitions are great in their own right. Had me playing for hours.

Ghost

Quote from: hofmeier on Mon 23/01/2012 11:27:56
Spoiler
This is the original. I mean, there was no original. Wait, I mean... that story is fictional. Shh.
[close]

DANG. Then you fooled me! It's THAT GOOD  ;D

ThreeOhFour

That's an absolute lie, I have one of the original systems:

I find the controller really comfortable, too.

Spoiler
Yes, this is a real controller I modded and I was playing the game with it when I paused to take that photo
[close]

ThreeOhFour

Then it was worth all the effort!

The Tiamat (TM) Home Entertainment System - The Way Art's Meant to be Played! (c)

Radiant

Somebody start a Wikipedia article on the Tiamat!

Stupot

I want that controller.

As for the game. It looks great. This is the one I'm most looking forward to from the bundle, but not until after my exams.*

I've been teaching myself Hangul and can pretty much read most of it now (though I have no Korean vocab whatsoever) :D

(*exam season = less game playing due to good intentions X increased forum activity due to failure of good intentions)

Ponch

I've studied those photos carefully, Ben. But I can't find the sweets tin anywhere.  ;)

Also, great game Hofmeier. Trying to figure out what all the robot powers did and how they worked was an adventure unto itself. It took me back to my tween years, playing imported, untranslated NES games and being completely baffled and very entertained.  :D

ThreeOhFour

I don't put the sweets tin anywhere near the Tiamat. Two such awesome things in such close proximity would have all sorts of unexpected consequences!

tzachs

I was about to give up and post that I didn't understand how to play the game, but then I saw here that nobody else complained, so I decided to give it another try, and then I figured out what I did wrong the first time:
Spoiler

I was walking right instead of left! I'm so used to Mario and all the other platformers that I didn't think of going to the left at all...
[close]

Anyway, once I figured that out, the game was great. The music and graphic style fits perfectly, and the whole concept (and the marketing concept as well, you actually built a website just for this?!?!) is genious!
All the little details you put in this are really impressive. I still don't understand at least one of the mini-games so far, and I still haven't finished the game yet (I believe there was a bug when I entered the menu when it was blueish and couldn't go back to the game so I had to kill the process), but I will definitely try again soon.
Really great job on this!

P.S. Ben, you are crazy (in a good way)!

jkohen

Is anybody playing this?

I tried, but the minigames are way too fast for me. It's very hard, in some cases practically impossible, to get time the action right. I just watched the trailer on YouTube, and the difference in speed is quite obvious.

I would love to get an updated version that's playable by humans :-)

ThreeOhFour

I thought this at first, too, but once I had it figured out felt more confident that the speed is reasonable.

Perhaps an easy mode and a hard mode would be an idea though, or a game speed slider?

Ali

I absolutely love everything about this (especially that my name is on the credits screen!), but I'm having jkohen's problem.

The minigames are just too fast for my slow oafish hands. Also, the game appeared to lock up both times I played it and I have to Alt-X.

This may be a problem with the original Tiamat, or I may have just been hammering on the keys too hard (see oafish hands).

jkohen

Quote from: hofmeier on Fri 17/02/2012 12:43:08
Ali and jkohen: Have you tried utilizing the "boost" ability?

I have, not really know what effect it has. It's impossible to stop the bar at the right time. I get like a microsecond. My reflexes are generally very sharp, so it's definitely a matter of speed (or you're excellently trained in this game, Sir :) )

Quote from: hofmeier on Fri 17/02/2012 12:43:08
But this suggestion only applies in a universe where the game operates at the same speed on all machines. Hey, jkohen: are you saying the gameplay in the trailer is slower than it is on your machine?

Anyway, thanks for playing the game everybody!

Thanks for making it!

Yes, the gameplay in the trailer looks pretty reasonable in comparison to what I get here. If you don't believe, I could try to record a video, but I haven't done this on the comp before.

BTW, I'm running the games under Linux. It hasn't given any problems with an AGS game in the last couple years, though, and I've played dozens to say the least.

kaputtnik

Hm - I have tested the game under Linux with WINE, as well as with a not-so-state-of-the-art windows computer during beta testing phase, and I didn't find the game too fast or too hard, even though I am generally ridiculously bad at games that require timed action. I didn't get the boost quite right most of the time either, I must admit, but there are many other strategies to win the game.

I would even go so far and say (danger, behind-the-scenes game hack ahead)
Spoiler
you can win the game with nothing but the power fist, shield and repair skills. For easier levelling of your repair skill, mess up the boost and repair your gunbot as often as possible when fighting one of the first harmless trapezoids - results guaranteed!
[close]
I, object.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk