Garfield: Attack of the mutant lasagna - FINISHED!!!!

Started by Kairus, Tue 02/03/2004 02:59:20

Previous topic - Next topic

RickJ

Kairus,

I don't know if it has anythiong to do with the game's problems but I had virus on my PC.  I had to reinstall after the game got infected.   Maybe some of the people who are having trouble  may want to reinstall the game and note any difference in file sizes.

Also I am stuck (in a puzzle sense) ao maybe you can help ...
Spoiler

I have the hat, shirt, and trousers, but how do I get something to get taller?  
[close]

I have sent another mail to PAWS asking for permission on sunday, I haven't received any reply yet. I hope I can fix this bug some day, but it won't be possible if I am not able to re-upload the game.
Here are a couple of ideas that may be helpful.  Probably you have thought of them already but in case you haven't ...

• Make clear to them that your only motivation was your admiration of Garfield & characters created by Mr. Davis and your desire to see same in a classic adventure game.  

• Ask Paws if they would like to offer your game  for download from their website instead of yours.  

• Offer to add Paws promotional material in startup and credits screen; including link to Paws website, etc...  

• Offer to modify copyright and credits information to meet their requirements, asking minimal credit for yourself as the game creator.

• Offer to assign game rights to Paws in return for free downloads.  Or alternatively offer to help them comercialize it and of course reap the financial rewards.  

• Ask them if they have a suggestion of what can be done that would be mutually acceptable.   After all the only thing you want is to share your  emjoyment of Mr. Davis' creations with your fellow fans.  Perhaps then can figure out a way to benefit from this enough to justify giving you  the permission you desire.  

Anyway, I don't mean to be telling you what to do, just sharing some ideas that you may find helpful.  If you find any of them helpful please feel free to use them, if not then just ignore them.  

I wish you good luck in dealing with Paws... Thanks for such a nice game.  It is very beautiful.

Rick

nope!

kairus:

Spoiler
go to the TV building: you will find what you need in the clown's dressing room
[close]

Wormmaster

I think it's some kind of bug that gives you only something about 2000 steps and then you won't walk anymore.
I just don't want to play the game from the beginning, because those cutscenes are toooo big and they can't be skipped.
It pisses me off!!!

Nostradamus

weird...
Spoiler
I was in the store, got all the ingredients and were told to get some bucks. Went back to the house BUT John was not in the bathroom!
[close]

autowil

Anyone tell me how to go to Jon's Mother house?? I go to alley and use blanket on the grate, after that i stuck..

Kairus

RickJ: Thanks, more or less those suggestions were included in the mail I sent them, I haven't received a reply yet I hope it comes soon, I don't know what I'm going to do if they don't reply.

Nostradamus:
Spoiler

There's a rumour that Jon appears once you get a failed attempt at buying things but that's not true. Actually the event that triggers Jon going to the bathroom is going back to the vet once, have you done it?
[close]

autowil: Your question has been answered here
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

autowil

I read the post. but i dun have any cupboard stick.. Where can i find one??

Yvonne

I Can't download!
No such file found on the server!
I'm using GetRight.

Wormmaster

Yvonne:
HELLOOO!!! DO YOU READ MESSAGES?! >:(
That stupid PAWS inc. has told Kairus to take this game out from his server! Next time, read some messages before you tell anything like that.
Sorry, my volume button was in loud. ;D

Nostradamus

OK I went to the shop and returne home and got stuck with the infamous no-more-walking-bug, so I guess that's it for me with this game.

Kairus I just want to say that storywise, puzzlewise and graphicwise (just invented some new words!) the game was really great but the GUI was REALLY bad. It was annoying that you had to take the pointer down every time you want to do something and it was more annoying that if you wanted to walk down from a screen you'd have to fight the GUI so it won't block the way.

Kairus

Nostradamus did you read the readme file? There's another way to switch between modes you don't need to get the cursor down to click a button all the time, there are keys that let you do that, generally the first character of the word, that is:

W for Walk mode
T for Talk mode
A for Action mode
and so on...

And I didn't realise the GUI was such a problem when trying to move to the south of the room, the GUI only pops up at position y >= 198, that is, only the two lowest pixels, you can go south of the room by clicking at 190 <= y < 198, like eight pixels above the GUI-popup. I really didn't think that was going to be that hard...
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

Nostradamus

Kairus I knew about the keyboard options but that's just not comfortable. For me at least.
No offence ment, just my two cents as constructive criticism, OK?

Nacho

Sorry to bring this back again, and sorry if someone did it before, but I want to ask something...

What about if AGSers make a webpage (h t t p://w w w.Fangames.c o m, for example) where all the games related with copyrighted stuff are uploaded?

I think they couldn't just close it, and they couldn't pursuit us, if we upload the game as "anonymous developers".

The webmaster could have a "neutral" name (FanGamesWebmaster @ hotmail.c o m)

That would ever avoid the necessity of being "anonymous developers", because we just make games, it is not our fault if somebody collects them and puts them in his webpage.

Is it possible? Or there is a way to discover who is the webmaster? Can the lawyers close an "anonymous" website?
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

AGA

You cannot have a proper, paid-for website under an anonymous name.  Free hosting like Geocities and Lycos would be the only way, but after 10 downloads it would get shut down because of bandwidth limits anyway :P

Nacho

I've been told that you can... But apparently, the problem should be that if someone reports it, the server could close it for having copyrighted material...
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Punch

Dammit!

2 years I've been waiting for this game.  2 YEARS! Since the first demo was released! And then I stop checking the board for a while and I missed it. Damned copyright infringement laws.

Bad luck Kairus. That's got to suck. Hope someone gets it available somehow, I really want to play it.

- Punch

rookworm3

Warning: Download from Minime's site contains a virus. Use at own risk.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk