HARD SPACE: Conquest of the Gayliks (now in Eroti-Vision!)

Started by Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens, Tue 11/05/2010 23:48:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Glad you enjoyed the sillyness of it.  I released a newer version to address the distance issue with interactions (not sure if you got it or not) but after testing it about a dozen times it seemed to make it much easier to talk/use things than before.  The main issue with the old logic was if you clicked too high on a hotspot/person it would think you were too far away.  To correct that I placed the comparison point for the player in his center and compare THAT to where you click, giving much more relaxed results.  Sorry about the trouble with that, though - none of my testers had trouble (neither did I until I started clicking on the edges to see what was going on) so hopefully that problem has been elminated (or at least minimized) if you redownload it.

Hard Space is not to be taken seriously except for the puzzles, which are Hard because otherwise it would be Easy Space!

Also, a couple hints on how to go gold:

Spoiler

1.  Update your log every time you do anything significant.  Jack will tell you if it's up to date so no worry about 'overdoing it'.

2.  Keep Ensign Spears alive, even though it's great fun to see him die.

3.  Maintain a good rapport with your crew and generally avoid options that will make you look like a prick.

4.  Make the tactical, tough-guy choices whenever you can.

5.  Don't play on Easy, because it's Hard Space!  (You can get a gold on Hard or Full Blast).

6.  The more creative your 'solution' to certain puzzles the more variety of awards you can unlock.

[close]

These tips should allow you to get the coveted Gold Rank of Ultimate Hardness.

Ponch

Quote from: ProgZmax on Thu 03/06/2010 03:09:06
Hard Space is not to be taken seriously except for the puzzles, which are Hard because otherwise it would be Easy Space!

But I'm such a lazy space sort of guy!

Good game by the way. Haven't done better than silver yet, so here's hoping that gold in now within reach. :D

blueskirt

Quote...Full Blast...

That explain why Leon's walkthrough couldn't help me during the temple. In my head, "Easy" meant "Easy", "Normal" meant "Hard" and "Hard" meant "Full Blast". D'oh!

I'll go replay the game see if I can unlock all the achievements now.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Ponch:  Suck it up, pansy!  Your games are some of the most outright defiantly challenging around...especially if you want to keep up with the story and have to actually store all those damn game codes (I still have mine from the last game).  Glad you got silver, though.  It's a poor man's gold but still legal tender!

blueskirt:
I think you DID have it right.  There are only 3 difficulties (easy/normal/full blast), but I consider normal to be hard for two reasons:  one, originally there was a slider in the options menu under sound that allowed you to adjust difficulty on the fly between Easy, Hard, and Full Blast (those were the actual labels).  I removed it after some feedback that it made the game too easy to manipulate, and also it made things more difficult for me as far as scripted events based on difficulty (the scene with talking to Depantroclus in the Arena on Easy is one example).  Second, and this is probably a massive spoiler but oh well, due to time constraints, I didn't establish any 'real' differences between normal and full blast!  Originally, Full blast was to have more action events, be easier to kill your team (including a scene where you blow up the ship), and have FOUR (yes, four!) puzzles in the temple, one for each pedestal.  You can pretty much see that for yourself in how they are arranged, but in the end I ran out of time and out of ideas for 2 more puzzles that would somehow all inter-relate and still be unique enough.  Chalk that up to the one month development cycle, though truth be told I'm proud at all we achieved as a small team in that time frame.  Really, Jim Reed and ShiverMeSideways are dynamos and deserve as much credit (or hatred) as I do for making this game happen.

Ponch

Quote from: ProgZmax on Thu 03/06/2010 08:32:21
Ponch:  Suck it up, pansy!  Your games are some of the most outright defiantly challenging around...especially if you want to keep up with the story and have to actually store all those damn game codes (I still have mine from the last game).  Glad you got silver, though.  It's a poor man's gold but still legal tender!

I appreciate the compliment, but the only thing challenging about my games is keeping up with the ongoing storyline. My puzzles are weak, sadly. But I draw boobies pretty well, so I can chalk that up in the win column, I think. Also, you still have your codes? Neat. Hopefully I'll get the next chapter done soon and you'll be able to use them.

Anyhoo, looking forward to your next game.

- Ponch

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Your boobies are drawn exceptionally boob-like, Ponch.  They are but one reason I play your games, along with the ongoing comedic story and silly gameplay.  One day we will collaborate on the boobiest game ever, I know it.

Boobs.

Scarab

Quote from: ProgZmax on Fri 04/06/2010 06:45:02
 One day we will collaborate on the boobiest game ever, I know it...

And when you do... I'll be there, waiting.  8)

Ponch

Quote from: ProgZmax on Fri 04/06/2010 06:45:02
Your boobies are drawn exceptionally boob-like, Ponch.  They are but one reason I play your games, along with the ongoing comedic story and silly gameplay.  One day we will collaborate on the boobiest game ever, I know it.

Boobs.

Hooray for boobies! :D

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Stay tuned, superfriends!  I just *MIGHT have some good news soon.

*Spoiler:  You know I do.

SarahLiz

Quote from: ProgZmax on Sat 12/06/2010 06:58:55

*Spoiler:  You know I do.

<raises eyebrows>... :o

Ponch

Quote from: ProgZmax on Sat 12/06/2010 06:58:55

Is it incredibly sexy good news?

blueskirt

So, how are going those good news?

I had a weird dream last night, in between the usual Minecraft and Jagged Alliance nightmares. I dreamed I was playing Hard Space: Special Edition, and in addition to the extra stuff and commentary you generally see in deluxe editions, every single time the crew was in mortal danger, someone lost his nerves and tried to make out with the captain just one last time. :=

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

The good news are a coming, but those who know me know I loathe constant updates without content (this is why I don't do GIP threads) so I will say this:

The news that is good, is good.

LUniqueDan

Looks like I missed this one.
Since when Progz and boobs fit in the same sentence ? I definitively should be arround here more oftenly.

*Downloading*

"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Mister L

This sucks! My virus-scanner deleted the HardSpace!.exe when I tried to start the game!
How is this possible?!?  :P

Anian

Quote from: Mister L on Wed 14/07/2010 10:20:17How is this possible?!?  :P
Didn't use condom when downloading?

onT: it was ok, but even though I saw the intention, I really didn't get that into the game. A bit too retro look for my taste (even though it's nicely done).
I don't want the world, I just want your half

sergiocornaga

Quote from: Mister L on Wed 14/07/2010 10:20:17
This sucks! My virus-scanner deleted the HardSpace!.exe when I tried to start the game!
How is this possible?!?  :P

If your virus scanner is Norton (especially a recent version) most of the stuff it removes are false positives that you can get back through quarantine.

Dualnames

The game is also a freeware pick at IndieGames, if anyone missed it. :D
Congrats to ProgZ
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Calin Leafshade

This game is a disgrace! Penises!? Breasts?!

Concerned Mothers In America shall hear about this!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk