Asporia:Hidden Threat (Mini RPG with 3D graphics.)

Started by Gord10, Thu 16/09/2004 19:01:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Gord10

Asporia:Hidden Threat is a RPG using pre-rendered 3D graphics. I've used the engine, textures and models of Half-Life and some mods for creating pre-rendered 3D backgrounds.

Preferences
*2 different endings changed by your decisions in the game.Ã, 
*Gaining exp. for weapons or magic.
*Random events.
*Turn-based fight system.

Story
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  We had been walking for a long time and we were too tired... I was going to the Flea Castle, an outpost of our kingdom in the Kreatia Forest, with my knight friends fast. Because we had a very important report to give. The Black Poison (another name; the Armies of Darkness) was gathering again on the south of our kingdom according on the rumors, and we were sent to research it. The Black Poison was banished from Asporia by the human, elf and drawf alliance 50 years ago. In these days, only a few mages who wears black robes and small groups of trovgs were left in Asporia.
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, But the things that we saw on the south was terrible. The evil rages like night elves, vampires had appeared again and an army, which includes the strong rages like trovgs, hartsies, was getting prepared. So, we were taking this report to the kingdom in a hurry. Because the country wasn't ready for such a big war, so the war preparations should be started immediately.
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, Our journey to the kingdom was hard. We had got lost our horses, goods and most of our friends in the small wars during our journey.
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, May them sleep in peace...
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, We had just entered the Kreatia Forest that night and we needed some rest.Ã,  Commander Scorth decided to have camp in the forest.
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, Commander Scorth...
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, I liked him as if he was my father. My real father was a soldier who works for the kingdom, too. He was killed by a magic user who wears the black robe.
Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, We needed some wood for the camp fire, and it was my turn to collect wood that night. So I had set out to find some wood to the east.

You'll play as a knight called Arleon who can fight and use magic in the game.Ã,  If you use your weapons often, then you'll gain battle exp's. So you can play the game two times, as a mage or a fighter. There will be lots of events, but I don't want to spoil.

Read before playing
*Click on the potion on left in the main menu for the English menu.
*For the "apple" inventory item, go to "room" where you find the ranger dead in the forest (room 19) then click on the trees. You'll pick up one.
*Cheats and "Easter eggs" are available in this game. You can ask me what they are nad how to reach.
*Press Tab or click on the monsters for the inventory screen.
*Use the spells and weapons in your inventory for attacking to the monsters.
*Click with "Examine"Ã,  mouse cursor on the weapons and spells to see their preferences.
*If you gain 60 exp., you will level up; but you gain new weapons and spells only at the first time you level up.Ã,  Ã, 

Download (5 MB)
http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?category=2&action=download&game=446
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Moox

Barbarian

Quote from: LostTraveler on Fri 17/09/2004 02:32:31
Is it availiable in english?

Hiya LostTraveler, I really like your Avatar... heheh..

Ã,  Ã, Anyways, yes, Asporia is also in english. When the main-title screen starts up, just click on the thing that looks like a big-blue potion and it switches over to English.

It's a really great little RPG style game from what I've had a chance to see/play so far.

*Edit (For CoolBlue-Gord) : Okay, I've had a chance to sit down and play through this game, and I managed to get both different endings. Overall, I enjoyed the game and the style it's done in and it's given me some good ideas for some of my possible future projects too. Graphics and sounds were put together nicely and added to the mood of the environment. This is a fun play through for a fan of RPG type of games.

And now, a few things of note that I think could improve the playability (please take as constructive critisism):Ã,  When the game's main Tile/Menu screen starts up, perhaps put a little "Click here for English" message area over towards the left area (Around the blue-potion bottle) where a player is to click to switch over to the English version.
Ã,  Ã, I found the interface and lack of things to be able to interact with a bit cumbersome of trying to figure out how/what I was supposed to do or operate anything. With some trial and error, I was able to figure out things though.
Ã,  Ã, I didn't know at first that I did not have any real control of where I could walk and that I needed to click on the middle of the screen to progress onto the next screen/scene (which seemed to me about 95% of the time was just one fight scene after another, but hey, coolÃ,  ;) )
Ã,  Ã, It would be really awesome to see some character animation (especially during fight scenes), or to see some reaction, for example, when you hit a monster with your sword or zap it with one of your spells.
Ã,  Ã, Perhaps a better (more detailed) Readme file and/or an in-game help option to (more fully) explain how to operate the game and use the different options would be really welcome.
Ã,  Ã, The game was way too short and left me hanging just when things were really getting interestingÃ,  Ã, :P But yes, I know it's a MAGS game, so, can't expect too big/long of a game.

Ã,  Ã, Still, overall I really enjoyed playing through your game and thought you did a wonderful job. I look forwards to seeing more of your future projects, or perhaps a more bigger/fuller size version of Asporia with some improvements added in for good measure.Ã,  ;D

*Salutes*
Ã,  Ã, 
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Sinitrena

Asporia is a nice game, but it's a little bit short. I finished it with both endings in just one and a half hour.  What I missed in this game were some difficulties. It was too easy. It also would have been nice if there wasen't just one enemy after the other. I thought that was a little bit boring. I hope you count this as constructive critisism.

I've got two questions about your game:
Did you add the "apple" inventory item just to follow this months MAGS rules or is there any use of this?
I'm not sure if this is a bug in your game or if you wanted it to be this way: When you attack the (what is it called?) disor (?) with your sword nothing happens. Well, it makes sense that you can't attack it with a sword 'cause it's an flying enemy but there should be a message telling you you can't attack it with the sword.

What I was missing in this game where some information when you look at the enemys.

BTW, could you give me some hints of the easter eggs in this game?

Gord10

Quote from: Sinitrena on Fri 17/09/2004 16:56:14
Did you add the "apple" inventory item just to follow this months MAGS rules or is there any use of this?
Yes, just for the MAGS.

I'm not sure if this is a bug in your game or if you wanted it to be this way: When you attack the (what is it called?) disor (?) with your sword nothing happens. Well, it makes sense that you can't attack it with a sword 'cause it's an flying enemy but there should be a message telling you you can't attack it with the sword.
Actually it gives the message "You can't hit disor with your sword" if you try to hit it with the Sword +1. But I have forgotten to add this message for Sword +2. So this is a bug :(Ã,  You must have leveled up when you tried to attack.

And the easter eggs :)
Spoiler

The "surprise" ending:
*Heal the wounded ranger, Hans.
*Get the inventory item the crystal, Lydeas.
*When Alzakhar asks you to give him the crystal, try to heal himÃ,  (use the heal spell on him.). He will thank you :)
*Then finish the game with the bad ending (to guarantee this, give him the crystal.)
*The "surprise" that's waiting for you in the Flea Castle will be changed :)
[close]
Ã,  Ã, 
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Marion

QuoteÃ,  Ã, Anyways, yes, Asporia is also in english. When the main-title screen starts up, just click on the thing that looks like a big-blue potion and it switches over to English.

Hi !
I've got a problem : when I click on the blue potion, the menu turns into english, but when I click on New Game, the texts turn back in Turkish and I don't understand a thing.
Please help !

Nostradamus

Akatosh

Leon

Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Nikolas

Leon,

After Rui, did you get the archives "responsibility"? Just asking.

Eitherway to whoever is handling those bicycles for snails, it's a big big THANK YOU! THANKS! CHEERS!

Leon

To be honest, I don't know who's responsible for that archive. I'm not sure if it's updated (don't think so) and who the current owner is. I have a local mirror of that archive with an additional number of games found elsewhere.

There are only some titles missing still.... If you can't see a download link on these pages I'm still searching for it (although there are some that I've found in the meantime).

Marion

Leon

@Marion:

I just had a look. Indeed it changes to Turkisch but.... you should change the language in winsetup first. (You have to do both). When you choose english in winsetup, the game starts in turkish, you change the language with the vial and then it continues in English. The blue vial only changes the language of the menu, winsetup changes the language of the game...

Gord10

Wow, I was away from the forums for a long time, and what the first thing I see is! It made me happy.

I must confess that I dislike Asporia: Hidden Threat now. At least I should had added a better navigation and fighting system.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

LimpingFish

The AGS panel is handling Bicycle for Slugs, intermittently. Nothing gets updated outside of the "incoming" folder, although we haven't done much to it in a while.

It's all part of the grand plan, damn it!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Nostradamus

ooooooooooooooh

Didn't see the date.. and I guess the game was so unremarkable I totally forgot about it...

I propose having the forum auto lock threads older than 6 months

Marion

Why ? Some people (as I do now) can play games a long time after they have been put online. They may need the related threads.
Concerning Asporia, I succeed in playing it in English, but I'm a bit disappointed by the game. Not really a RPG.

Nostradamus

Then you could start up a new thread if you need help in the proper forum

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk